- In spite of its popularity as the second most visited site after Google, YouTube struggled to obtain viewers right after its launch in 2005.
- By the following year, its fortunes were on the rise as 65,000 new videos were being uploaded daily, and it was attracting 100 million views.
- In 2006, Google snapped it up for $1.65 billion, while pre roll ads were introduced in 2007.
The History of YouTube: What to Know
- Year Founded
- Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, Jawed Karim
- Internet; Video Hosting Service
- San Bruno, California (United States)
- Key People
- Susan Wojcicki (CEO), Scott Silver (Vice President Engineering), Lilly Ryder (Executive)
- Notable Products
- YouTube Premium, YouTube Music, YouTube TV, YouTube Kids