- Elon Musk is one of the richest men in the world and owns Tesla, Starlink, SpaceX, Twitter and other successful companies.
- Musk has sold all of his luxurious homes to re-locate to a $50,000 pre-fab home close to SpaceX in Texas.
- Musk seems to be considering changing the name of his new street from Weem to Meme Street.
Elon Musk is known for his online presence and sense of humor, even if it has gotten him in trouble a few times! In a recent interview on the Full Send Podcast, Musk finds himself talking about one of the houses he lives at and the street’s name. From what he says, he may just get enough people to change the name to something comical. Let’s hear Elon Musk discuss his petition to change his street name to Memes!
Why Does Elon Musk Want To Change A Street Name To Memes?
During the podcast interview, the conversation gets turned to a particular topic that people seem to be really interested in: Elon’s current living situation. Currently, he has a primary residence in south Texas that allows him to be close to the two most important things in his life, SpaceX and Tesla Headquarters. The small place that he purchased is on a street named Weem Street. Off the bat, there isn’t anything special about the name, but it does sound similar to a word that we all know Musk can’t get enough of… memes!
In a joking tone of voice, Musk mentions that he is petitioning to have the street name changed from “Weem Street” to “Meme Street”, much to the laughter of all the podcasts in the room. Is there a real petition that Musk has initiated to change the name? Who knows. Is it funny to consider? Absolutely.
Even more, going through the process of changing a street name to Meme Street is a meme in itself. If there was one techno-billionaire who would do something like this, it would absolutely be Musk. If asked why he just might say that he’s just doing it ‘for the memes’!
Is it possible to change a street name?
Although we don’t know if Musk has actually filed a petition to change the street name, he seems to be certain that he could change it if he wanted. As he says, “If you get enough people on the street to say yes, you can change the street name.” As one of the podcast hosts points out, having Elon Musk pushing for the change in the public court probably has a bit of influence as well!
What is special about the house that Elon Musk lives in?
Directly after the meme-talk, one of the hosts mentions Musk’s “Boxable”. A Boxable is a pre-fab house that includes a full-size bathroom, kitchen, appliances, and tall ceilings with big windows, all for under $50k and within 375 sq feet. Although Musk is one of the richest people in the entire world, he is living in one of these tiny houses! In fact, this little house is his primary residence while he is living in Texas.
Why did he purchase the tiny house despite all his billions? Because it was right next to the rocket factory! As real estate agents always say: Location, Location, Location (even if you are the richest man in the world).
- Watch Musk Discuss Aliens, The Great Filter, and Colonizing Space: Right now, Elon Musk may be the only person who can make dreams of space come true. Watch here!
- Elon Talks About His House Parties, Post Malone, and Police Being Called: Boys just want to have fun – hear all about it!
- Elon Jokes He Shouldn’t Visit Russia After Aiding Ukraine: He’s probably right about that.