- When choosing the best earbuds, there are several factors to consider, including comfort, sound quality, price, and style, among others.
- The Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True Wireless Earbuds were voted the best overall earbuds compatible with Android.
- If budget is a concern, Jabra Elite 7 Pro may be for you.
In recent years, Apple has made huge strides in the wireless earbud market with its popular AirPods. And while they may be top dogs, for the time being, Android users don’t have to miss out on all the fun. There are a plethora of great options for AirPods that work with android available for those with Android devices — you just need to know what to look for and where to buy them. AirPods are the most popular option for phone users regarding earbuds because they’re sleek, pair seamlessly with your phone or iPad, and come with a handy carrying case that keeps them safe when you’re not using them.
However, if you’re searching for something a bit more unique, there are many alternatives. Aside from using AirPods to listen to music or podcasts, one of their most useful applications has been effortlessly linking them with your phone.
We have reviewed and compiled the finest AirPods that work with Android, whether you’re introducing a new pair or replacing a previous one.
- Best Overall: Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True Wireless Earbuds
- Best Budget-Friendly: Jabra Elite 7 Pro
- Best for Travel: Jaybird Vista 2 Truly Wireless
- Best for Audiophiles: Sony WF-SP700N Sport Earbuds
- Best for Workouts: Jabra Elite Active 65t
Best Overall: Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True Wireless Earbuds
- Your Ears Never Had It So Good: Galaxy Buds2 ear buds take your passion for music to new heights with booming sound that makes you feel like you're on stage with your favorite band.Note : If the size...
- Tune Out Noises, Tune In Voices: Active Noise Cancellation blocks out unwanted sounds, helping you keep your focus wherever you are; Low latency Ambient Sound mode picks up the sounds you want to...
- Feels Good While Looking Good: Galaxy Buds2 have a comfortable, low profile design that's 10% smaller and lighter than Galaxy Buds Plus; You may get to the end of your playlist before you remember...
- Hear Clearly, Speak Confidently: The earbuds’ 3 microphones and noise reduction technology ensures voices are transmitted crisply and clearly, whether you're chatting with a friend or leading a high...
- Power Worthy of Your Longest Playlist: Indulge your love of music with a long-lasting battery that's up to the job — so your music doesn’t stop until you do
The Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True Wireless Earbuds are the best truly wireless earbuds you can buy. They’re comfortable, have a good soundstage, and come with a charging case that gives you extra battery life.
The Galaxy Buds 2 are the same as the original Galaxy Buds, but they benefit from an updated design and a new charging case. The buds are smaller than the originals, making them more comfortable to wear if you’ve got small ears. They also sound better than they used to, thanks to improved Bluetooth 5 support and more balanced tuning from AKG.
You can find them on Amazon here.
|Model||Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Truly Wireless|
|Color||Graphite, white, lavender, olive|
Best Budget-Friendly: Jabra Elite 7 Pro
- 6mm custom speakers and Jabra MultiSensor Voice technology
- Adjustable Active Noise Cancellation
- Jabra MultiSensor Voice technology works with an advanced Voice Pick Up (VPU) sensor in each bud
- Up to 8 hours of battery life (30 hrs with the case)
- Tailors the music to suit individual hearing profiles
If you’re looking for an affordable pair of wireless headphones, the Jabra Elite 7 Pro True Wireless Earbuds are a solid option. They have excellent sound quality and a comfortable design that’s easy to use.
The Jabra Elite 7 Pro True Wireless Earbuds are among the best budget options for true wireless headphones. The sound quality is very good, though it doesn’t quite match the more expensive AirPods, and the earbuds are comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
The Jabra Elite 7 Pro True Wireless Earbuds have a lot going for them. Aside from their excellent audio performance, they have a great battery life, so you can go on all day without worrying about charging them.
Check them out on Amazon here.
|Model||Jabra Elite Pro True|
|Color||Black, mint, beige, navy, titanium black, copper black|
Best for Travel: Jaybird Vista 2 Truly Wireless
- Active Noise Cancelation cuts out background noise
- Includes 3 sizes of interchangeable ear gels. If the size of the earbud tips do not fit properly, change the earbud tips to ones that fit snugly in your ears to obtain the correct sound quality and call performance.
- Surround Sense keeps you connected and aware of your surroundings
- Wind-guarded mics monitor ambient noise so you can stay spatially aware without missing a beat
- IP68 waterproof, sweatproof, and dustproof, with MIL-STD 810G freeze, shock, and impact resistance
The Jaybird Vista 2 Truly Wireless Earbuds are light, comfy, and produce excellent sound. The Bluetooth 5.0 connection is rock solid, making it a snap to connect your phone or tablet.
The earbuds can also be charged while still in your ears using the included micro-USB cable, which is a nice touch if you don’t want to take off your headphones just to charge them.
Find them on Amazon here.
|Model||Jaybird Vista 2 Truly Wireless|
|Color||Black and gray|
Best for Audiophiles: Sony WF-SP700N Sport Earbuds
- TRULY WIRELESS: Compatible with Apple or Android cell phones, sync using Bluetooth connection & NFC
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING: WF-SP700N headphone set minimizes distractions & noises for crisp listening
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Blend music & environmental sounds during fitness sessions or outdoor workouts
- SPLASHPROOF: IPX4 rated to handle sweat or rain splashes when you're at the gym or outside running
- LONG BATTERY: SP700N has up to 9 hours of playback battery life during workouts or athletic training
Sony's new WF-SP700N Sport Earbuds are an excellent option for audiophiles.
They are also good for those who want wireless headphones that look good when you’re not wearing them. The earbuds themselves feature a unique design that looks like an upside-down teardrop, which helps keep the buds stable in your ears during even the most rigorous workouts.
The self-adjusting wings on each side of the earbuds also help keep them from falling out of your ears when you move around.
Check them out on Amazon here.
|Model||Sony WF-SP700N Sport Earbuds|
|Color||Black, Grey, and White|
Best for Workouts: Jabra Elite Active 65t
- True wireless earbuds for an active lifestyle – Wherever your day takes you, whatever your activity, it won’t get in the way of enjoying sports, music and calls. The Elite Active 65t are secure...
- Personalize your sound – Whether you’re using these as Apple earbuds, Samsung earbuds or more, you can listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound on the Jabra...
- No audio dropouts – With Jabra’s 3rd generation true wireless stability, you can take calls and listen to music without worry about audio dropouts. And there are no pesky wires getting in the way...
- Up to 15 hours of use – With up to 5 hours of battery on a single charge, and up to 15 hours in total with the included pocket-friendly charging case, your listening needs are met from the start of...
- Take work calls from home – Incredible 4-microphone technology offers best-in-class call performance, with up to 15 hours of battery for maximum productivity— even when you’re working or...
The Jabra Elite Active 65t looks like a regular pair of sporty earbuds. They come with three different-sized silicone gel tips and a couple of sets of wings that help hold the buds in place while you’re exercising or running around town. You can also get optional rubber sleeves in different sizes.
These buds feel comfortable when they’re in place, but it takes some getting used to them at first because they feel heavy compared with other models like the Apple AirPods or Samsung Galaxy Buds. The weight is worth it because they don’t fall out as easily as other models, including Beats Powerbeats Pro and Bose SoundSport Free.
Find them on Amazon here.
|Model||Jabra Lite Active 65t|
|Color||Copper/black, copper/blue, copper/red, titanium/black, gold/beige|
How to Pick the Best AirPods: A Step-by-Step Guide
The AirPods that work with Androids are a great alternative to wired earphones because they offer convenience and freedom but, like anything, come with their own drawbacks.
If you’re considering buying AirPods, here are some things to consider before deciding.
- Sound quality
- Battery life
- Water resistance
Let’s go over each one in greater detail.
The first thing you’ll want to consider is sound quality. Two main factors affect sound quality: driver size and how well they’re paired with your ears.
Driver size can significantly affect how loud the music gets, while earbud design affects how much noise leaks out of them. You should look at Bluetooth earbuds with aptX codec support if you care about sound quality. This will ensure that your music sounds as good as possible on your phone.
The next thing to consider is comfort. The last thing anyone wants is a pair of headphones that hurt their ears after just an hour or two of wearing them. This is especially important for headphones made for exercise because most people won’t wear them if they hurt too much.
You will be wearing these earbuds for hours at a time, so they should be comfortable to wear. You should look for earphone tips that fit your ears properly and don’t fall out easily when exercising or doing other activities where movement may cause them to fall out easily.
Consider Your Budget
The other thing we need to address when looking at any product is what’s in your budget. This is especially true with tech products because they’re often expensive, and it’s easy to get caught up in wanting the latest and greatest gadget without enough of an eye on price.
Choose the Color Wisely
There are two main colors for AirPods: white and black. Many of the above earbuds we’ve listed come in a variety of colors, so if it’s important to you, be sure to select the ones that have the color option you prefer most.
Another thing to consider when picking the best earbuds is the battery life. This is because most people use their AirPods to listen to music and make phone calls, so they don’t want to charge them in the middle of a busy day.
The best earphones for Android can last up to three hours on a single charge and come with a charging case that will give you another 24 hours of listening time. If you turn off auto-connect, you can get more usage out of them and save some battery life.
Earbuds are typically not water-resistant, so you should not use them in the rain and certainly not by the pool.
If you’re planning on using your earphones for workouts, we recommend using a different pair of earbuds that are built to resist sweat. Or, you can just be sure to be especially careful and clean them gently in between workout sets.
What to Know Before Buying the Best Earbuds
Before buying the best earphones that work with Android, consider various factors. First, AirPods can be used on any device with Bluetooth capability. However, there are some limitations when using earbuds with an Android device. You will not be able to use Siri or any other voice commands app on your phone. So, make sure you consider this when you’re making your decision.
Another thing to consider is the sound quality. AirPods use AAC audio which is great for music playback but can be lacking in terms of call quality. If you plan on using your AirPods to make calls, you might want to consider another option. For instance, you cannot make a call through the AirPods if your phone has no built-in mic. If your phone has a mic built-in, you can still make calls as long as it supports pairing with Bluetooth devices like the earphones we have listed above.
Also, if you want to use your earphones for music or podcasts, you need to connect them to your speaker or headphones and play music from there. This way, you can listen to music without holding your phone in your hand all the time while doing so. This is a critical factor to consider if you want the best earbuds for your music and entertainment needs.
Another thing to consider is to check whether they are compatible with your device. You will need to check whether the earphones you want to buy will work with your device because some devices don’t support this type of technology. You may also need to check if any software update is available for your device to support this type of earphone.
Lastly, the cost is also important when buying the best earphones. You need to find something that is affordable for you and also of good quality. There are many cheap knock-offs on the market, so do your research before purchasing. You can read reviews online or ask for recommendations from people you know.
Using Earbuds That Work With Android: What It’s Like
Earphones that work with Android devices can offer a great experience for a variety of users. They’re compatible with any Bluetooth device and can pair multiple devices simultaneously. They also offer a much better sound quality than most wired headphones. The sleek design and earbuds fit snugly and securely in your ears.
They also offer great features like automatic play/pause and the ability to control your music with voice commands. Overall, they’re a great option for Android users looking for a good pair of wireless headphones.
There are plenty of other options if you’re not looking for specific earphones. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites below. Check out our roundup of the best wireless headphones for more great options, and have a great experience with your new headphones!
The only downside to AirPods alternatives is that they’re a bit pricey. But, if you’re looking for a great pair of wireless headphones that work with Android, then the earbuds we’ve ranked are definitely worth checking out.