As an investor in AMD, you need to stay up-to-date about the company’s financial performance. But when can you expect the company to report its earnings? Knowing when AMD will report its earnings is crucial for investors looking to make informed decisions about their investments.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at when AMD is expected to report its earnings and what you can expect from the company’s financial performance. Let’s get started!
What is AMD?
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a leading semiconductor company that designs and manufactures high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies. The company produces graphics processing units (GPUs) for gaming, data centers, and artificial intelligence applications. Additionally, AMD manufactures central processing units (CPUs) for personal computers, servers, and embedded applications.
What is AMD’s Fiscal Year?
AMD follows a calendar year for its fiscal year, which ends on December 31. The company issues financial reports for each quarter and a report at the end of its financial year. The first quarter starts in January, and the final quarter ends in December.
- Q1 results (January to March): Usually released in May
- Q2 results (April to June): Usually released in August
- Q3 results (July to September): Usually released in October
- Q4 results (October to December): Usually released in January of the following year
When is the Upcoming Earnings Report?
Tune in to the earnings conference call after AMD releases its earnings report. The conference call is typically hosted straight after the earnings report is released. The conference call provides deeper insights into the earnings report, with AMD’s CEO, Lisa Su, often presenting and answering questions from analysts and investors.
What is Included in AMD’s Earnings Report?
AMD’s earnings report provides essential information for investors interested in the company’s financial performance. The report typically includes financial statements, such as the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement. These statements present a comprehensive overview of the company’s financial health.
The following are examples of what is included in AMD’s earnings report:
- Revenue: Revenue indicates the total amount of money the company earns from its operations. Additionally, the earnings per share (EPS) provides further insight into the company’s profitability and is often used to indicate a company’s financial health.
- Gross Margins: Gross margins indicate the percentage of sales that remain after the company has covered its production expenses. These numbers can explain how well the company controls its costs. Any significant changes in gross margins may signal potential issues with the company’s operations that investors should consider.
- Recent Company Developments: Also included is information on recent company developments, such as new product launches or acquisitions, market trends affecting the company’s performance, and future plans or guidance for the company. Investors should note any developments that may impact the company’s revenue or profitability in the near future.
- Market Share and Center Applications: AMD operates in a highly competitive industry. So, any shifts in market share can provide insight into how well the company is competing against its competitors. Additionally, any changes in center applications can indicate new areas of growth that investors should monitor.
How to Stay Up to Date on AMD’s Earnings Reports
To stay updated on AMD’s next earnings release, investors can keep track of the information in various ways.
- Visit the AMD investor relations website: AMD has an investor relations website you can visit here that provides a wealth of information about the company’s financials, including earnings reports, financial statements, presentations, and other investor-related resources.
- Sign up for the company’s investor relations email alerts. AMD’s email alerts will notify you about upcoming earnings calls, financial events, and other essential market updates related to the company.
- Follow financial news outlets and research firms, such as Bloomberg and CNBC, which regularly cover the semiconductor industry and provide insights into companies like AMD. By following these sources, you can stay informed about the latest industry developments and any relevant news that may impact AMD’s earnings.
- Many investors and analysts discuss AMD and other tech stocks on social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit. These sites will help you stay current on the latest news and discussions related to AMD and its earnings reports.
Where Do You Find Past Quarterly and Annual Reports from AMD?
Investors have several options to explore to find past quarterly and annual reports from AMD.
- AMD’s official investor relations website maintains an extensive archive of historical financial reports, earnings presentations, SEC filings, and other financial documents. You can also find earnings reports from previous quarters and years dating back several years by accessing the company’s site.
- Financial databases such as Yahoo! Finance or MarketWatch offer a comprehensive collection of quarterly and annual reports from AMD. In addition, you will also find other financial metrics, industry news, and investment insights.
- Most financial news outlets, such as Bloomberg or CNBC, publish articles regarding AMD’s earnings reports. These articles often include a summary of AMD’s financial performance, highlights from the earnings call, and links to the official press release or conference call transcript.
What Can Investors Expect from the Next Earnings Call?
When AMD holds its earnings call, one of the topics that usually takes center stage is the company’s financial performance. This is where investors and analysts pay close attention to significant changes in revenue growth, earnings per share (EPS), and market share. The significant increase in sales could be explained by massive sales in key markets or by increased product demand.
The importance of AMD’s core markets and customers is another important factor highlighted throughout the earnings call. The company is well-established in several industries, including the server and GPU markets. You can expect that AMD will emphasize any significant developments in these markets or how well-positioned it is to profit from any new trends during the earnings call.
The earnings call may also touch on any significant expenses or risks tied to investing in AMD stock. For example, they may discuss acquisition-related costs or stock-based compensation that may impact its financial performance.
Another important subject that AMD may explore is the non-GAAP gross margin. Investors can use this indicator to understand the company’s financial performance and profitability. This implies that any material changes in the non-GAAP gross margin could impact the company’s price and substantially affect the company’s future.
Lastly, you can expect AMD to touch on a range of other subjects, such as the company’s financial performance during the period, any major developments or risks associated with its business, and competition from the likes of Intel and NVIDIA.
AMD typically reports its earnings four times a year. However, it’s important to note that the company has not announced a specific date for its next earnings report. Investors and analysts will need to stay tuned for further updates from the company to learn when the next earnings call will take place.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©JHVEPhoto/Shutterstock.com.