- Individuals with an IQ of 145 or more are considered to be geniuses.
- Elon Musk’s IQ falls between 150 – 155, making him one of the most intelligent people on the planet.
- He is the wealthiest man in the world and has founded the Boring Company, Neuralink, Open AI, SpaceX, and Starlink. He also invested in PayPal, and is the CEO of Tesla.
Unless you’ve been living in a cave, you’ve probably heard of Elon Musk, the visionary entrepreneur and innovator with an unrelenting drive to change the world. He owns five iconic companies SpaceX, Tesla, The Boring Company, Starlink, and Neuralink. Many perceive him as the epitome of success in the business world. His net worth demonstrates he is more than just a prowess entrepreneur. Well, everyone has their opinion about his historic moves. But the critical question is, what is Elon Musk’s IQ? What makes him a class apart from most of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs? Is he the smartest man in the world right now?
Let’s find out!
Elon Musk’s IQ
Elon Musk is considered one of the most intelligent individuals on the planet. Based on his expertise, it is conceivable his IQ is above average. But while most world-class entrepreneurs focus on a single field, Musk has decided to bend that rule. He specializes in AI, rocket science, tunneling, engineering, physics, and solar energy. There is no debating that he has been incredibly successful in these fields.
Based on previous aptitude tests, Elon Musk’s IQ is assumed to range between 150 and 155. However, no official data to back up this claim. According to IQ classification, persons with an IQ score of 145 and above are considered geniuses. This means Musk is among the world’s most intelligent people.
What Makes Elon Musk So Smart?
Elon Musk has achieved greater success than most entrepreneurs alive today. He is changing the business world. And yes, victory does not equate to a high IQ, but no doubt, it is a catalyst that can propel your brand to higher heights. This does not mean Elon Musk is the only entrepreneur in today’s world with a high IQ. But what has gotten him to where he is today?
1. Lust for Learning
Most successful people are voracious readers, and books have been a great getaway to Musk’s knowledge. When growing up, Musk would read two books daily. By the age of nine, he had read the Britannica Encyclopedia. He is also a self-taught programmer, a skill he learned at ten. Elon has banked on books all his life for his technical know-how and to spark new ideas. He credits his success to books.
If you thought Musk was a trained rocket scientist, you are wrong. He learned everything about rocket science through reading and consulting industry experts. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics and physics. However, he’s proven to be an outstanding technologist, designer, aerospace engineer, and inventor in multiple industries.
Hunger for limitless knowledge and curiosity to make impactful change in various aspects with the intent to improve lives for a better future sets him apart. That explains why he can understand the world around him better than anyone else.
2. Strong Determination and Ambition
It’s fair to say that Musk never lets anything stop him. For instance, his interest in space started when he was a teenager. He created the Blastar, a game that was inspired by his idea of space, and sold it for $500. Musk held to that dream until 2002 when he founded SpaceX.
Musk has always used his knowledge to create something of value. What fires him up is the desire to build solutions, and never stops until he achieves his goal. Several rocket tests have failed since the inception of his SpaceX company, but that has not changed the billionaire’s idea for Mars. He is still determined to colonize this planet.
Similar case with his goals to create electric cars! Musk kept holding to his idea regardless of too many vehicles that caught fire, and today, Tesla has changed the auto industry with its own electric cars.
This is one of the ingredients that sets Elon Musk apart from other entrepreneurs. He thinks of the impossible and devises ideas on how to make it possible. Making human beings multi-planetary species may seem like science fiction, but it’s one of his 2029 goals.
Democratization of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is yet another of Elon Musk’s ventures, which he aims to achieve using an AI brain chip. This billionaire is also developing an electric jet. His boldness to venture where no one has thought of before is stunning. He is truly a gambler when it comes to investment and doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.
Musk is a transformational leader with positive energy who believes in the power of teamwork. He builds strategic alliances in the multiple industries he operates in and makes his ideas and goals known to all stakeholders.
Elon Musk’s IQ helps him identify and put together dedicated innovation teams for all his companies. And he has the potential to spur innovation in these teams.
Does Elon Musk Happen to Be the Wealthiest Man in the World?
While he is the wealthiest person in the world, chance had nothing to do with it. Musk is a technological revolutionary who believes that there is innovation for every problem.
- He is the founder of SpaceX, a spacecraft engineering company revolutionizing the space industry.
- He is the founder of Starlink, a satellite internet company revolutionizing the internet industry.
- He is the CEO of Tesla, a multinational automotive company revolutionizing the Auto industry.
- He co-found Neuralink and Open AI, companies revolutionizing the AI industry.
- He is the founder of The Boring Company, an infrastructure, and construction service firm revolutionizing the transportation industry.
- He invested in Paypal, a financial technology company that revolutionized the banking industry.
- He also came up with the hyperloop concept, which he believes will revolutionize the rail industry.
It’s a no-brainer; this is enough proof that Elon Musk is the smartest entrepreneur now. I don’t think there is any other entrepreneur and inventor with such a grand scale of visions on the planet today.
Elon Musk in the News
It goes without saying that the world’s wealthiest person will also be a frequent fixture in the news. In recent news, Musk acquired Twitter, a social media platform with over 300 million users. He also proposed a cage fight with Meta’s CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, over the future of social media.
Musk is the CEO of Tesla and the founder of SpaceX, a private space exploration company. He has said that he wants to colonize Mars and make humans a multi-planetary species.
Some people praise Musk for his vision and his willingness to challenge the status quo. Others criticize him for his erratic behavior and his tendency to make controversial statements.
Now you clearly understand Elon Musk’s IQ and what makes him a world-class entrepreneur of today’s era. He spends a lot of his time reading and he has built expertise in multiple fields. Musk is always trying to focus on innovations that will revolutionize the specific industries he has an interest in, such as space, transport, and AI. He is an unstoppable genius.
Interested in finding out about other influential individuals who have changed our world forever? Read the following articles below:
- Steve Jobs — Complete Biography, History and Inventions: He had a dream of cheap affordable computers for everyone. In his lifetime he was behind some of the most successful devices used today. This is his story.
- Steve Ballmer — Complete Biography, History and Inventions: He’s the owner of his very own basketball team and the ninth richest man in the world. He was also responsible for Microsoft’s epic success. Read all about Bill Gates’ business partner, here.
- Bill Gates — Complete Biography, History and Inventions: He is one of the wealthiest men in the world and perhaps the most famous in terms of computing and information technology. Here is all you need to know about him.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©By ElonMuskCore - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=112917842.