When your home team isn’t near your hometown, you need to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on your Samsung smart TV. It gives you unlimited access to out-of-market games during the regular season, so you can watch your favorite teams whenever they play. This article breaks down how to get started.
What Is NFL Sunday Ticket?
In the old days of traditional television, watching professional football games outside of your local network could prove challenging — a lot of us relied on highlights. Streaming changes things. Now, you can watch any game during the regular season with NFL Sunday Ticket on your Samsung smart TV.
YouTube recently picked up the platform from DirecTV, and that makes it more accessible than ever. You can sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket directly on YouTube or through your YouTube TV account. While prices vary, here’s how they ranged last season:
- With YouTube TV subscription: $299/season
- Without YouTube TV subscription: $399/season
- NFL RedZone add-on: extra $40
So with the current season over, this platform isn’t available. However, there’s speculation that YouTube may drop season prices for next year. You can sign up for notifications about this on their website.
While NFL Sunday Ticket doesn’t have a standalone app for Samsung smart TVs, the platform is easier to access than most. Let’s take a look at how to do it.
How to Watch NFL Sunday Ticket on Your Samsung Smart TV
Here are two different options for watching NFL Sunday Ticket on your Samsung TV.
Option 1: YouTube TV Subscription
If you have a YouTube TV subscription, you can add NFL Sunday Ticket to your account and access it from there. What’s easier, you can do all of this from your smart TV.
- Press the Home button on your remote
- Scroll through the option until you find the App store
- In the search function, type in ‘YouTube TV’ using the on-screen keyboard (or speech-to-text if available)
- Click on the app and select Download
You should now have access to YouTube TV in the Apps section of your Samsung smart TV. To watch games from NFL Sunday Ticket, follow these steps:
- Scroll through your apps until you find YouTube TV.
- Log in to your account (or sign up for a subscription).
- In the settings, open your membership page.
- Navigate to the NFL Sunday Ticket plan and select Add.
- Log in to your subscription (or sign up for next season).
- Return to the Home page of YouTube TV.
- Scroll through the channels until you find NFL Sunday Ticket.
To reiterate, you must have a YouTube TV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket on your Samsung smart TV using this method.
Option 2: YouTube Primetime Channels
Now if you don’t want to sign up for two subscriptions, you can watch NFL Sunday Ticket right on YouTube. To make things easier, you don’t have to download an extra app — You can access it right from the native YouTube program. To get started, use this step-by-step-guide:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Find and select the YouTube app among the list of apps.
- On the left side panel, navigate to Movies & TV.
- Scroll down until you find Primetime Channels.
- In the Search function, type in NFL Sunday Ticket using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the channel and follow the prompt on the screen to download the platform.
With NFL Sunday Ticket set up, you can sign in to your subscription and start watching your favorite non-local teams.
NFL Sunday Ticket Pros and Cons
NFL Sunday Ticket allows you to watch any out-of-market game every Sunday during football season. It’s great if your favorite team isn’t local, or if you love following the season to the closest detail. This platform also offers other benefits, such as:
- Streaming on multiple devices
- Watching up to four games at the same time
- Live chat
- Live highlights
However, this premium channel does come with its limitations. Many feel that the price doesn’t offer access to enough games. In fact, it excludes local broadcasts, post-season games, and even Sunday Night Football. If you’re looking for even more football coverage, consider signing up for NFL+.
Can You Watch Playoff Games With NFL Sunday Ticket?
If you’re hoping to set up NFL Sunday Ticket on your Samsung smart TV to watch the Super Bowl, I need to make this clear: this is not the right subscription.
Fortunately, you still have time to get started with the right platform. NFL+ gives you access to the postseason games you’re looking for. And while this subscription only lets you watch these games via mobile devices, there’s a handy workaround for that.