- There is no Samsung Crunchyroll app, but there are several methods to watch Crunchyroll on a Samsung smart TV.
- One method is to use the TV’s internet browser to access the Crunchyroll website.
- Another method is to use a streaming device like Roku or Firestick with a native Crunchyroll app.
- Samsung Galaxy devices can easily cast Crunchyroll to a Samsung smart TV.
- Gaming consoles like Xbox and PlayStation have full-fledged Crunchyroll apps that can connect to a Samsung smart TV.
Unfortunately for anime lovers everywhere, there’s no Samsung Crunchyroll app. However, fear not! There are still ways to get your favorite animes on your TV if you have a Samsung smart TV; you just have to get creative with getting your media between screens. Luckily, there are eight methods for watching Crunchyroll on a Samsung smart TV. Let’s examine those methods.
Method 1: Use Your TV’s Internet Browser to Watch Crunchyroll on the Website
The lowest-cost way to get Crunchyroll on a Samsung smart TV is to use the TV’s internet browser to access the web version. While imperfect, you can open the website with your TV remote. Then, make the Crunchyroll native video player full-screen to enjoy your show as if it were playing in a full-screen app.
To use your TV’s internet browser for Crunchyroll, do the following:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- In the bottom menu, scroll to the right until you find Internet Browser.
- Enter “crunchyroll.com” as the URL.
- Login to Crunchyroll.
- Select the show you want to watch.
- Make the native browser player full-screen.
Method 2: Use a Streaming Device with Your TV
The easiest way to watch Crunchyroll on a Samsung smart TV is to use an external streaming device. Roku and Firestick have native Crunchyroll apps that you can use once you plug the streaming device into your TV’s HDMI input.
Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV units have dedicated Crunchyroll apps that users can download and use to watch anime on any TV connected to the host device. Chromecast devices can also cast Crunchyroll from a usable casting device, such as a laptop or phone with Google Chrome installed.
Watch Crunchyroll on a Samsung Smart TV with a Roku, Firestick, or Apple TV
- Download the Crunchyroll app from the device’s app store.
- Login to the Crunchyroll app.
- Select a show. The app will bring up a full-screen streaming player.
Cast Crunchyroll with a Chromecast Using a Laptop or Desktop PC
- Open your Google Chrome Web Browser.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the browser.
- Click “Cast.”
- Let the browser scan for devices.
- Select your TV.
- Select “Cast the Tab” and select the Crunchyroll tab.
Cast Crunchyroll with a Chromecast Using an iOS Device
iOS and iPadOS devices don’t explicitly prevent you from casting to a Chromecast with them. However, they lack native functionality, even in the Google Chrome app. You’ll need a third-party casting app to help you cast to Chromecast if you use iOS or iPadOS.
- Download the Replica app in the App Store.
- Connect to your Chromecast with the Replica app.
- Tap “Mirroring to” in the Replica app.
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your phone or in your web browser to mirror the app to your TV.
Method 3: Cast Crunchyroll to Your Samsung Smart TV Using a Samsung Galaxy Device
Samsung Galaxy devices can cast their screens to other Samsung devices much more easily than third-party devices. If you have an additional Samsung Galaxy device, you can use that device to cast Crunchyroll to your smart TV.
- Ensure your TV and your Galaxy device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Smart View app on your Galaxy device.
- Select your TV and cast your screen on your TV.
- Open the Crunchyroll app or website on your browser of choice.
Method 4: Cast a Non-Samsung Device’s Screen to Your Smart TV
Non-Galaxy devices can also cast to your Smart TV’s screen using their native screencasting features. Most Android devices use Android’s screencasting service. iOS and iPadOS devices can use Apple’s AirPlay service. Google Pixel devices have a unique screencasting service for their operating system.
Watch Crunchyroll by Casting an Android Device’s Screen
- Ensure your Android device and your TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap Favorites or Devices.
- Touch and hold the tile of the device you want to cast to.
- Tap Cast Screen
Cast an iOS Device’s Screen with AirPlay
- Go to your Samsung Smart TV’s Settings.
- Select AirPlay Settings.
- Turn AirPlay On.
- For Require Code select First Time Only.
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, open Crunchyroll and start playing a video.
- Tap the AirPlay icon.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list.
Cast a Google Pixel Device’s Screen
- Open your Google Pixel device’s Settings.
- Tap Connected Devices.
- Tap Connection Preferences.
- Select Cast.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of devices.
Method 5: Watch Crunchyroll on a Samsung Smart TV Through a Gaming Console
Many gaming consoles have applications for popular media services like Crunchyroll. You can get a full-screen Crunchyroll app on your gaming console, which projects data to your Samsung Smart TV. The following gaming consoles have full-fledged Crunchyroll apps and can connect to a Samsung Smart TV:
- Xbox 360
- Wii U
- PlayStation Vita
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
Method 6: Stream to Your Samsung Smart TV Using an HDMI Cable
Many laptops and PC motherboards have an HDMI output port to connect to your TV. You can even use adapter cables to hook your phone or tablet up to your TV if you don’t have a laptop or PC that can connect to your TV.
Method 7: Use a Third-Party App to Cast Your Browser to Your Samsung Smart TV
You can also use a third-party app like Web Video Caster to cast your web browser to your Samsung smart TV. Remember that these apps require maintenance and will receive regular developer updates you need to download to continue using the program. As long as you keep your third-party program updated, you can cast Crunchyroll from your web browser.
Method 8: Download an Unofficial Crunchyroll App Distribution from GitHub
This method isn’t for the tech illiterate. We don’t recommend it if you’re not well-versed in technology. We emphasize that using this method can damage your TV or even void your TV’s warranty. So, if these issues worry you, skip this one.
You can clone the Crunchyroll app repository from GitHub to your TV, allowing you to use the app on your Samsung TV, even though it isn’t officially available through the operating system’s app store. Follow the steps in the video below to clone the repository to your television.
Is App Cloning Legal?
App cloning is legal so long as the cloned app doesn’t breach the company’s intellectual property rights. Using a full-stack clone of an app doesn’t breach any inherent intellectual property rights. So, you don’t have to worry about breaking laws if you want to clone the Crunchyroll app to your TV. However, as we noted, doing so will likely void your TV’s warranty. So, any damage your TV sustains either from the cloned app or in the future won’t be covered by the company.