- Uninstalling Discord can help free up storage space on your device.
- On a Mac, you can uninstall Discord by moving the app to the recycling bin and deleting associated files in the Library folder.
- On a PC, you can uninstall Discord through the ‘Apps & features’ menu and delete files in the ‘AppData’ folder.
- On a mobile device, you can uninstall Discord by long-pressing the app and selecting ‘Uninstall’.
We all have our favorite apps that we can’t get enough of. But eventually, there can come a time when we find we’re just not using this software as much as we used to. When you rarely log in anymore, that app can feel like a waste of space. This is especially true if your storage is getting clogged up and you need to free up some room. Uninstalling software and clearing up space isn’t always as easy as it sounds, though. In this article, we’re going to go through several methods for uninstalling Discord so you can make room for new files and apps. Whether you’re using Discord on a Mac, PC, or mobile device, you’ll find the answers here.
How to Uninstall Discord on a Mac
First, we’re going to start by showing you how to uninstall Discord on a Mac. The steps below are easy to follow.
Step 1: Go to Your Applications Folder
To start, open a Finder window and then go to your “Applications” folder. This should be visible in the menu on the left, and this is where you’ll find all your installed apps.
Step 2: Delete Discord
To remove Discord, find it in the list of applications. Then, right-click, and then click “Move to Bin”. This will move the app to your recycling bin. The app will stay here until you fully delete it, though. To do this, open the Bin from the dock and then hit the “Empty” button in the top right corner. Alternatively, right-click the Discord app and then click “Empty Bin” to delete this app specifically.
Step 3: Remove Discord Files
Now that you’ve uninstalled the Discord app, you may want to delete all associated files to free up even more space. To do this, you’ll need to locate your “Library” folder. Open a Finder window as before and open the “Go” menu at the top. Then click the “Go to Folder…” option on the list.
Step 4: Go to Library and Delete Files
The Library folder may already be populated in the field here. But if it isn’t, then simply type “~/Library/” and hit enter to go to the Library. You’ll find a Discord folder here if you have any associated files stored. Simply right-click and delete this as before to remove all the files.
How to Uninstall Discord on PC
The method for removing Discord on a PC is similar, but with a few differences. Instead of going to Finder, you’ll need to open “Apps & features” (you can search for this from within the Start menu). You can then delete the app. To remove the files, you’ll need to open File Explorer from the taskbar and then check the “Hidden Items” box from the View taskbar at the top. To finish, open the “AppData” folder and delete any Discord files found there. For Windows 10 and later, the bin automatically empties every 30 days by default, but you can change this in your settings.
It should be noted that you’ll need to quit any active Discord windows that are open before you can proceed with uninstalling.
How to Uninstall Discord on a Mobile Device
Fortunately, the process of removing Discord from your mobile device couldn’t be simpler. But for clarity’s sake, the steps are listed below.
Step 1: Locate the Discord App
First, you’ll need to find the Discord app on your device. Usually, this is somewhere on your home screen, but it may be within a folder if you’ve organized your apps. You can search for it in the search bar to find it quickly.
Step 2: Uninstall the Discord App
To finish uninstalling Discord, simply long-press the app (it will start shaking if you’re using an iPhone). Then, hit the “Uninstall” button to remove the app from your device.
Uninstalling Discord is a little different depending on whether you’re using a PC or a Mac, but the process is still quite simple in either case. To remove Discord from a Mac:
- Open the “Applications” folder, right-click Discord, and move to the Bin.
- Then, open the Bin from the Dock, right-click Discord, and click “Empty Bin”. Alternatively, click “Empty” in the top-right corner to empty the entire bin.
- To remove Discord files, open the Library by searching “~/Library/” in the “Go” tab of Finder, and find the Discord folder. Move this to the bin as before.
To uninstall Discord from a Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Open “Apps & features” from the Start menu and uninstall Discord from here.
- To remove the files, open File Explorer, check the “Hidden Items” box in the View taskbar, and delete Discord files from the “AppData” folder.
Lastly, to remove Discord from a mobile device, use these two easy steps:
- Find the Discord app on your home screen, or search for it in the search bar to locate it.
- Long-press the app icon, and then tap “Uninstall”.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©rafapress/Shutterstock.com.