The Nintendo Download is an eShop listing by the Official Nintendo Magazine team. Every week, Nintendo and its third-party partners make new content available to download on the Wii U and 3DS. This can include anything from full games to demos and videos. The Nintendo Download is posted every Thursday (with the occasional exception).
This guide will highlight some of the content that is set to be made available for both Wii U and 3DS on 13th October in North America. It will also provide detailed information about the many discounts that are being offered exclusively through the Nintendo store.
#1: Them’s Fightin’ Herds
- Deluxe Edition includes base game and Season 1 Pass which will be available after launch; Season 1 Pass includes: 4 Additional playable characters, 4 unique stages, Exclusive character palette pack,...
- Streamlined Combat - 4-button fighting mechanics, magic system, enhanced super attack, and juggle decay to prevent infinite combos
- Story Mode - An episodic adventure filled with exploration, combat challenges, minigames, and boss fights
- Local Versus and Online Matchmaking - Fight opponents offline or battle across the globe with GGPO’s powerful rollback netcode
- Pixel Lobby - Explore a top-down visual lobby and meet other players; Customize your avatar using resources collected through the hidden Salt Mines, a dungeon crawl minigame that pits players against...
This is a neat-looking multiplayer fighting game that features cute but vicious bovines. The gameplay involves picking up a variety of different items and using them to aid you in defeating your opponents.
You can even choose to play as a cow or one of the many adorable bosses, like a giant dinosaur or leviathan shark. It would be an amusing enough idea for a game, but the developers have also managed to pack some semi-okay gameplay into it.
#2: Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway
- A fully voice acted cast of over 40 characters
- Transform your kart or new bike into watercrafts to navigate all new terrain · Untold new levels of customization: Pair Raphael with the Reptar mobile, change paint jobs and parts, or dive into...
- 90 crew members to choose from to match your playstyle with unique special abilities
- Intense Slime-filled alternate paths on 36 different tracks, new and old · Face off directly with fellow racers in a mayhem-filled arena mod
- Intense split-screen local and online multi-player!
If you love Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then this is the game for you. Despite the title, it’s actually a kart racer that features characters from The Loud House, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Amazing World of Gumball.
There are also a bunch of other Nicktoons that you can use, like CatDog, The Fairly OddParents, and Hey Arnold. The gameplay is fairly simple and involves racing in a variety of different environments. If you enjoy kart racing games, then you might want to give this a shot.
#3: DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS
- Escape as a team or on your own – Cooperate with others while there is still time, but the Raider or other Survivors’ decisions might force you to go at it alone
- Trapped in a Temporal Seam – Escape from a large map composed of several areas, but be careful - The Raider is always looking for you and may destroy areas to reduce your living space, making your...
- Enjoy three first iconic Raiders - Cell, Buu, and Frieza – As a Raider you will enjoy overwhelming powers to hunt and wipe out survivors - Master each Raider’s power to track, catch your victims...
- Customize in your likeness – Whether you’re a Raider or a Survivor, choose your progression path and unlock perks, skins, etc. to fine tune your own personal strategy to escape as a Survivor, or...
- Internet Connection Required
Dragon Ball: The Breakers is a beat-’em-up that features seven characters from the popular series. They each have their own unique abilities, like Goku’s ability to fire a Kamehameha or Piccolo’s ability to perform special beam attacks. These characters from the manga and anime have been transported to Earth and have to fight their way through hordes of Frieza’s henchmen.
They can also use Ki attacks that allow them to perform powerful moves, like transforming into a Super Saiyan or performing Kamehameha waves. It’s a simple and fun game as far as these types of games go, and it’s free to play.
#4: A Plague Tale: Requiem – Cloud Version
A Plague Tale: Requiem – Cloud Version is an action-adventure game that puts you in the role of two children trying to survive during the 100-year-long Great Pestilence.
The game takes place in the 13th century and features historical accuracy, and there are plenty of characters from the series designed to look and feel like they did during that period of history. The game will be available in both English and Japanese.
This game involves creating an aquarium for yourself and training fish. The game’s object is to fill up the aquarium with fish you’ve caught. You can also choose whether to have a male or female fish, which also affects the quality of their offspring.
There are several different types of fish to pick from, and they all want different things. If they want to be fed, their food needs to be prepared correctly. And if they get sick, you have to take care of them carefully. When you’re ready to sell the fish, you can use them to buy new ones.
#6: Arcade Archives ASSAULT
This is a shooter game that NAMCO originally released in 1988. The gameplay involves using your gun to shoot down enemies and avoid incoming fire. You have a turbo feature that will help you if you find yourself in a jam, and there’s an option for an American or Japanese setting for better game balance.
In the game, you can get various power-ups that will help you deal with enemies and make it easier to blast them away. The gameplay involves a very simple battle system, so having a decent grasp of the English language is a must.
#7: Arcade Archives DARIUS
This game is an arcade game that Taito produced in 1986. The gameplay involves you playing as the character Darius, who fights against a horde of enemies and waves of the undead. You’ll have to battle through a large battlefield and try to stay alive while doing so.
The game is set during the time of Ancient Rome, and you’ll be battling against undead creatures that were once human. If you play as a female character, then she will also wield a whip that can be used in battle.
#8: Yum Yum Cook Star
This game is the sequel to the Korean cooking game Yum Yum Cook star. The gameplay involves a variety of different cooking styles, including Indian, French, and Italian. It’s a fun game if you love playing as a chef and creating tasty dishes in different settings. The game is free to play and comes with microtransactions.
#9: Winter Games 2023
- Local multiplayer with up to 4 players
- Custom mode for own sports events
- 10 thrilling winter sport disciplines: Biathlon, Downhill, Super-G, Skeleton, Short track, 2-man bobsled, Ski jumping, Ski cross, Snowboard cross, and Curling
- Several degrees of difficulty for beginners and pros
Winter Games 2023 is a sports game that the Olympics has inspired. You can choose from 12 different, fully customizable countries to play as, and you can also choose between a male or female character to play as. The goal of the game is to compete in a variety of different sports and earn medals.
You can also create your own character if you wish, and you can even upload your customized characters onto the internet.
Warpips is a battle royale game based on the idea of assembling your army from a diverse roster of infantry. The gameplay involves you having to fight against an enemy army and then their leader, which is known as the Lord. Each player gets a certain number of lives. If they run out, they’re eliminated.
The game is set up in an arena, and you can choose to fight on the front lines or start camping in a safe zone. Over time, you can also find useful items, such as new weapons and armor.
#11: ValiDate: Struggling Singles in Your Area
Validate: Struggling Singles in your Area is a story-driven, text-based dating simulation. The Nintendo Download game involves you trying to navigate the perils of dating as a single person with a full-time job, like everyone else in the modern world.
You’ll have to make friends, go on dates with potential lovers, and then learn if they are actually compatible with you. It’s a game that is reminiscent of something like the old RPG Maker games.
Undungeon is a Nintendo Download game that has you playing as a character named Rony, who’s in the middle of exploring an ancient tomb.
The gameplay involves blasting your way through the dungeon and fighting off enemies; there are also treasures to collect along the way. The game is set in a medieval setting, and you get to choose from several different weapons to use, such as swords and magic spells.
Trifox is an action-adventure game that has you playing as a cartoonish fox with a multitude of talents. There’s a single-player story mode; you can create your own characters if you wish.
The old Zelda games inspired Trifox, and you can have a variety of different characters to control. Some of the different characters you can control include a dog, a dragon, and even a small robot. The gameplay involves:
- Fighting enemies,
- Picking up items and using them,
- Taking on side quests as you go along.
#14: Tinhead (QUByte Classics)
This particular Nintendo Download game is a direct port of an indie game called Tinhead. The gameplay involves you running, jumping, and blasting your way through enemy characters. It’s an action-adventure game with platforming elements, and the whole thing was created using the Unity engine.
The game has four distinct acts you can go through, each of which has a different theme. The gameplay involves discovering hidden areas throughout the game and trying to reach the end-of-level boss battles.
#15: The Witch’s House MV
The Witch’s House is a horror game that has you playing as a young girl named Viola. She is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back, and she soon realizes that more is going on than meets the eye.
The game has multiple endings based on your choices, and you can also download new content for it if you wish to do so. The gameplay involves solving puzzles, fighting monsters, and making your way through different areas of the house.
#16: The Preschoolers: Season 1
The Preschoolers: Season 1 is an RPG game for kids that you can get on Nintendo Download. The game is inspired by the “color book” books that are popular in Japan, and the game’s aesthetic is similar to them. The gameplay involves you going on an adventure to defeat the noisy neighbor who keeps disturbing the peace.
The story involves a horse, a tree, and some other characters who are drawn in a “color book” style. The game is free to play but offers microtransactions.
#17: Temp Zero
Temp Zero is a fighting game that features intense rhythm-based gameplay. You can choose from several different characters and customize their weapons, spells, perks, and soundtracks. The gameplay involves fighting against enemies that attack to the beat of the music.
You also get to customize your character by choosing a weapon and a spell. Multiple types of songs are used in the game, and you can also choose the difficulty level.