- The Ghostek NAUTICAL offers unparalleled protection against dust and water. It’s built like a tank and can easily withstand impacts, falls, and, most importantly — submersions up to 20 feet.
- The budget-friendly Fansteck Waterproof Case is made of TPU plastic, which is both shatterproof and shockproof. Unlike most cases from this range, Fansteck offers integrated screen protection.
- Available in three models, the Temden Waterproof Case suits the entire Galaxy S22 lineup, including the basic model, the S22+, and the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus sports an IP68 rating, which is at the very top of the Ingress Protection standard. Besides being dustproof, the phone can withstand water splashes and water submersion for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 5 feet. Still, with all that sand and water, taking one of the best smartphones to the beach isn’t without its risks.
Unfortunately, the slimmest, lightest, and most fashionable protection cases don’t always provide the most protection. That’s why it’s Samsung S22+ owners should consider investing in a more rugged case that’s both scratch- and waterproof. Here are the 5 top-rated waterproof cases for your Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus:
- Best Overall: Ghostek NAUTICAL
- Deepest Waterproof Rating: Yorge Diving Case
- Best Phone Pouch: Syncwire Waterproof Phone Pouch
- Best Budget Friendly: Fansteck Waterproof Case
- Best Protective Case: Temden Waterproof Case
Best Overall: Ghostek NAUTICAL
- Full Body S22 Plus Waterproof Case with Screen Protector and Camera Lens Cover
- Super Strong Watertight Seal with S-Pen Stylus Access and Wireless Charging Compatible
- 360° Heavy Duty Shockproof Design Withstands Drops up to 12FT and is Submersible Up to 20FT
- Non-Slip Grip, Great Call Quality — Raised Bumper Edges for Screen and Camera Lens Protection
- Universal Swivel Belt Clip Holster Included — Available in Glossy Black or Transparent Clear Back
Ghostek NAUTICAL offers unparalleled protection against dust and water. It’s built like a tank and can easily withstand impacts, falls, and, most importantly — submersions up to 20 feet. Though it’s on the pricier side, the case’s build quality and extras justify the hefty price tag. Raised camera lens protector screen and screen protector are paired with a heavy-duty shockproof casing with non-slip grips. The case also features a watertight seal over the wired charging port while also being wireless charging compatible. Other features include a swivel belt clips holster and a shockproof design that withstands drops up to 12 feet.
Check out the Ghostek NAUTICAL on Amazon.
Deepest Waterproof Rating: Yorge Diving Case
- 【Compatible Phone Models】: This diving case is compatible with most phones on the market. If your phone support take photos and videos with the addition or subtraction buttons, size above 4.7 inches and below 6.9 inches, it's ok. Phone size below 4.7 inches require a foam pad to use the camera function, there is a foam pad specially prepared for you in the accessories.This underwater case support such as iPhone, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google, Huawei, vivo, Xiaomi, Redmi, OPPO, 1 Plus, ZTE etc.
- 【Diving Depth】: At present, we have upgraded the material density to support 15M/50FT water depth to meet the needs of most diving enthusiasts. It is recommended that you turn on the photo or photography function in advance before diving. The buckle is made of metal, which is more reliable and durable, has better sealing performance. Each product has been tested for water resistance before leaving the factory. For absolute safety, you can conduct a waterproof test.
- 【Professional Service】: We have designed a universal interface for this underwater housings. You can install it on selfie sticks, tripods and other professional equipment. We also specially prepared a lanyard for you, which is convenient to carry and take pictures. After installing the phone, please open the vent-hole, press the diving case screen to exhaust the air, and install the screws, so that the diving screen has a higher touch sensitivity.
- 【Main Tips】: Set the lock screen state of unlocking the phone to avoid the screen being off when diving. iPhone: Settings - Display & Brightness - Auto Lock - Never. Android phone is different, you need to set the screen to automatically close the interface and change it to never close. Then open the camera program and install the phone. The yellow button paddle should be aimed at the sound button of the mobile phone, and test whether the shutter button drives the mobile phone to take pictures.
- [Service & Technical Support] We are here to provide 7*24 hours service for you, feel free to contact us if you find any problems of our product; We also provide refund policy and 3-month technical support for you.
Yorge Diving Case is the best option for underwater photographerslooking for affordable waterproof camera cases. It can withstand submersions for up to 60 minutes at a depth of 50 feet, 10x more than its rating. But, what really makes this product so great is all of the additional features that were implemented.
Designed for underwater photography, Yorge positions your phone in a more conventional camera position, thanks to the side grips. One of the grips has a shutter button. This may seem gimmicky to an untrained eye, but it performs admirably and above all expectations.
Another great addition is the vent holes, which allow you to expel air and increase the phone screen’s sensitivity to touch when diving. There are also mounting holes for selfie sticks. The company provides an additional lanyard, which allows for more convenient carrying on land.
Check out the Yorge Diving Case on Amazon.
Best Phone Pouch: Syncwire Waterproof Phone Pouch
- 🐠💗【RIENDLY REMINDER】💗 1. Not recommended for mobile phones with thick cases (e.g., Otter Box). Remove the thick phone case before placing the phone into the bag. 2. Please press the volume button when taking pictures. The phone may be affected by hydraulic pressure at certain water depths, which will affect the operation of the touch screen. 3. Not applicable to touch ID and fingerprint unlocking.
- 🌊 【SUPER WATERPROOF SEAL】➤ With excellent waterproof seal performance (IPX8 rating), this 100% sealed waterproof bag provides comprehensive protection for devices in a variety of environments (Fishing, swimming, boating, kayaking, snorkeling, rafting, surfing, travel and other indoor & outdoor activities). The maximum waterproof protection is up to a water depth of 30 meters.
- 🏄 【HIGHLY SENSITIVE TOUCH】➤ High-quality soft TPU material exclusively made for delicate touch and response. It ensures the normal use of a touch screen, camera and other functions in water (fingerprint unlocking is not supported).
- 🎣 【TRANSPARENT AND PORTABLE DESIGN】➤ Featuring crystal clear windows on the front and back, the waterproof case is perfect for taking photos, videos and checking email. The portable lanyard can hold at least 20kg and can be hung across the chest or slung across the waist for convenience.
- 🏊 【PERFECT MATCH】➤ Suitable for smartphones smaller than 7 inches and for cash, credit cards, passport, etc. Compatible with most smartphones, including but not limited to iPhone 14/13/12/11 Pro Max/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/SE 2020; Samsung Galaxy S22/S21/S20/S10/S10e/S9/S9 Plus/S8/S8 Plus/S7/S7 Edge, Note 20, etc.
Syncwire Waterproof Phone Pouch isn’t designed specifically with Samsung S22+ in mind. Instead, like all phone pouches, it was designed to accommodate any screen size bigger than 7 inches. To ensure the correct fit, you may have to remove the existing protective case on your Samsung S22+. The manufacturer recommends using the Volume button for snapping photos as the hydraulic pressure might affect the touch screen’s performance.
Syncwire doesn’t offer much except a lanyard that can hold up to 44lbs. The case has water resistance of up to 30 feet or 100 meters. The latter is probably the product’s best-selling point, next to its affordable price tag. While the pouch can keep your phone dry at 30 feet, the phone’s functionality at those depths is contentious.
Check out the Syncwire Waterproof Phone Pouch on Amazon.
Best Budget Friendly: Fansteck Waterproof Case
- 2022 NEW DESIGN: Only Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S22 6.1 inch, NOT for S22 Plus and S22 Ultra. The case with a built-in Screen Protector, so please don't align an additional Screen Protector, which will compromise the touch sensitivity and prohibit the case from being sealed completely.
- IP68 WATERPROOF & HD PHOTOS: After around 1000 tests, no leakage or water damage during 2 hours 6.6ft deep underwater. The transparent front and back camera lens covers enable high-quality, high-definition photos and videos even underwater.
- MULTI-PROTECTION: Full body protection designed to protect your Samsung Galaxy S22. Comprehensively against being crashed. The IP68 S22 Waterproof case is also Snowproof / Shockproof / Dustproof, so it is a necessity for outdoor activities.
- WIRELESS CHARGING SUPPORT: Special transparent and slim back cover will not block the wireless signal when wireless charging, you do not need to take off this S22 waterproof case which provides great convenience to your daily use, it supports most kinds of wireless chargers.
- What You Get: IP68 Waterproof case for Samsung Galaxy S22*1, User Manual*1, lanyard*1, alcohol pad*1, cleaning cloth*1, fingerprint film*2, our 18-month worry-free and lifetime friendly customer service.
While most phone cases don’t offer protection against water submersion or severe falls, Fansteck Waterproof Case offers safety features beyond its price. The case is made of TPU plastic, which is both shatterproof and shockproof. Unlike most cases from this range, Fansteck offers integrated screen protection.
On the other hand, waterproofing isn’t anything to write home about, but it’s still well beyond the product’s price tag. It can withstand submersions of up to 6.6 feet for approximately two hours. That’s more than enough to protect your Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus from accidental drops at the local pool. The case also has a built-in charging port access, though you can charge the phone wirelessly.
Check out the Fansteck Waterproof Case on Amazon.
Best Protective Case: Temden Waterproof Case
- 【Perfectly Fit】New Designed case for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus 5G 6.6 inch 2022 Released. Completely fit in Galaxy S22 Plus speaker, buttons, sensors, cameras. Support wireless charger without remove the Galaxy S22 Plus 5G case.
- 【IP68 Waterproof】IP68 Certified Waterproof Galaxy S22 Plus case, protect your phone from water. Waterproof up to 6.6ft/2m underwater for 30 minutes. Perfect for any underwater activities, outdoor sports and daily use.
- 【Full Body Protection】Samsung S22 Plus protective case has built-in screen protector & scratch resistant back panel & clear back design.Opening the charging port will made you hear and heard more clearly.
- 【Shockproof & Durable 】The Samsung S22 Plus 5G case shockproof exceed Military Standard 810G-516, withstands drops from 6.6'/2 m. Two covers snap on design makes it fast and easy to install the S22+ case waterproof.
- 【Installation Guidance】Re-set your fingerprints AFTER you put the case on. Read the instructions carefully and remove the protective film that's covering the fingerprint recognition area before you do anything!
Available in three models, the Temden Waterproof Case suits the entire Galaxy S22 lineup, including the basic model, the S22+, and the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. The case design adheres to the phone. Its every button, sensor, and port protect your phone from water ingress up to 6.6 feet for 30 minutes. This is perfect for a quick underwater snap or if you accidentally drop the phone at the local pool.
The protective case comes with an integrated screen protector, scratch-resistant back panel, and sealable port access for charging purposes. While useful, it isn’t necessary if you’re using wireless charging. The only drawback is that you’ll have to re-register your fingerprints after installing the case for better fingerprint recognition. The case is precision-made, so if you are using wired charging, make sure to use Samsung-approved USB-C connectors.
Check out the Temden Waterproof Case on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Waterproof Case: Step By Step
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different waterproof cases for Samsung Galaxy S22+ on the market. So choosing the best one isn’t always easy. Luckily, we put together a quick buyer’s guide to help you choose the best case for your phone.
Choosing the best waterproof case for your Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus comes down to the following:
- Waterproof Rating
- Additional Features
Two most common ratings you’ll see are IP67 and IP68. These are the Ingress Protection rating, where the first digit indicates the protection against solids, and the second indicates water resistance. IPX7-rated devices can be safely submerged to the depth of 3ft 3in for the duration of 30 minutes. However, IPX8-rated devices can withstand the same immersion for longer than 30 minutes.
Standard dictates the minimum ingress protection requirement and not the actual waterproofness of a specific device. The actual depth that the IPX8 device can withstand is specified by the device manufacturer. In most cases, IPX8-rated devices are rated for depths of 9ft, though the manufacturer might list greater depths.
Fitting typically depends on the type of protective case and its build quality. Fully-enclosed cases typically offer impeccable fitting, which perfectly seals the device within the enclosure. This protects it from water ingress without impeding its functionality. Pouches, on the other hand, are an entirely different matter. They’re built to accommodate different screen sizes, so fit isn’t their primary selling point — immersion depth is.
Check and inspect the fit of your Samsung Galaxy S22+s waterproof case to ensure the maximum protection of your device. The worst-case scenario is that your device won’t fit, and you’ll have to return or replace the case. Pay attention to the model of the case. S22 and S22 Plus look identical to the naked eye, but the size difference is quite considerable.
Cases also come with extras. Low-cost cases usually have a lanyard or a built-in stand. Those on the pricier end of the spectrum may feature wireless charging compatibility, precision molding, and working fingerprint recognition. Some even include less-generic features, like Yorke’s dedicated snapshot button that controls the camera.
What to Know Before Buying a Waterproof Case
It’s important to consider the waterproof case’s functionality before purchasing one to ensure that the product meets your needs. Do you need a case with basic waterproof protection or one with more specialized features? The best approach is to carefully consider the above points and match them according to your needs.
Using Waterproof Cases: What It’s Like?
Using a waterproof case eliminates the risk of water-damaging your phone. All the above five products aren’t just functional but perform as advertised. Of course, there were a couple of standouts, like Ghostek NAUTICAL and Yorge Diving Case. These offered exceptional functionality and water resistance.
Based on our reviews, the Yorge Diving Case would’ve been our first choice based on the level of protection and incredible waterproof depth rating. However, its limited or narrowly specialized functionality is why Ghostek NAUTICAL took a decisive victory over its competitor. It offers added protection against dust ingress and reasonable protection against water ingress. This case is perfect for everyday use.
- The Best Play-to-Earn Crypto Games: Reviewed and Ranked Want to play engaging games and receive crypto currency as rewards? Try these play-to-earn crypto games.
- Tobias Lutke: Net Worth, Biography, Family, and More Learn all the interesting details about Tobias Lutke, the billionaire founder and CEO of Spotify.
- Who Is Responsible When Self-Driving EVs Get Into Accidents? As self-driving cars become more prominent, legal issues over accidents will increase.
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API