While it’s often nice to upgrade your smartphone to a flashier model, sometimes it’s more than reasonable to stick with an older device for a bit longer. This is especially true with iPhones, as they’re known for their durability and relatively long-term support from Apple.
The iPhone 13 is certainly a capable smartphone, and honestly, there aren’t many major differences when compared with the iPhone 14. Being happy with your buying decision is very important, but just as important is getting the right phone case. After all, a smashed-up phone never makes anyone feel good.
There are many cases to choose from, but a particularly popular style would be thin cases. Lots of these can offer adequate protection to your phone without adding too much bulk.
This is desirable for a lot of phone users these days, especially as phones just seem to keep getting bigger and bigger. If you’re wondering which case to buy, you won’t be doing so for much longer. Just take a look at our roundup of the best ultra-thin iPhone 13 cases below.
- Best Overall: Apple iPhone 13 Silicone Case
- Best Minimalist Option: totallee Thin iPhone 13 Case
- Best for Protection: PITAKA Magnetic MagEZ Case 2 iPhone 13 Case
- Best Leather Option: Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case
- Best Sustainable Option: SteepLab Eco Warrior Case
Best Overall Ultra-Thin iPhone 13 Case: Apple iPhone 13 Silicone Case
- The silky, soft-touch finish of the silicone exterior feels great in your hand. And on the inside, there’s a soft microfiber lining for even more protection.
- With built-in magnets that align perfectly with iPhone 13, this case offers a magical attach experience and faster wireless charging, every time.
- With built-in magnets that align perfectly with iPhone 13, this case offers a magical attach experience and faster wireless charging, every time. When it’s time to charge, just leave the case on...
- Like every Apple-designed case, it undergoes thousands of hours of testing throughout the design and manufacturing process. So not only does it look great, it’s built to protect your iPhone from...
- Compatible with iPhone 13
Even though there are plenty of cases to choose from, the official Apple iPhone 13 Silicone Case comes out on top for several reasons. The finish is soft to the touch and the case is very flexible, with a microfiber lining that protects the internals.
This doesn’t offer quite as much protection as those specifically designed for durability, but it’s more than sufficient for most casual uses. Apple is known for putting its products through rigorous testing, and its cases are no different.
The case fits snugly and isn’t very bulky, and is also MagSafe-compatible. This means all your favorite utilities can be used, including wireless charging. As well as this, you’re getting 11 vibrant color options to choose from, so this is definitely a sleek and stylish case that fits every mood and aesthetic.
Check out Apple iPhone 13 Silicone Case on Amazon.
Best Minimalist Ultra-Thin iPhone 13 Case: totallee Thin iPhone 13 Case
- ULTRA THIN. Only 0.02 inches thin. No bulk. One of the thinnest iPhone 13 cases on the market that helps you maintain the original beauty of your iPhone. This is the most pocket-friendly case for...
- EVERYDAY PROTECTION. Keep your iPhone looking like new by protecting it from scratches and minor drops. A raised “lip” around the camera prevents damage to the lens. Pair it with a totallee screen...
- BETTER QUALITY. Unlike similar products this thin iPhone 13 case is designed to perfectly fit your phone and not become loose and peel off your phone. Quality you can trust from a USA-based company
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. Each case is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. Contact totallee directly to take advantage of your warranty
- THE PERFECT CASE FOR iPHONE 13. This case offers everything you need in an iPhone 13 case, and nothing you don’t. Compatible with iPhone 13 (new 2021 release)
The totallee Thin iPhone 13 Case is impressively and almost impossibly thin. Coming in at only 0.02 mm thick, this could even be the thinnest case you can buy. This is great, especially for those who want to use their phone without even feeling like it’s got a case on it.
The case isn’t extremely protective but does have a raised lip to prevent camera damage. Totallee also sells a screen protector, so using one of these as well as a tempered glass protector is a good idea. It’s also one of the cheaper options, so great for those with a tight budget in mind.
The flexible material helps to add durability if you accidentally drop the phone, without adding much weight. This case also comes in a range of bold colors, but there’s a clear option as well for those who love the minimalist look.
The cases also lack any obvious logos, which is a nice touch if you prefer a sleek and understated design. If you’re willing to spend a little more money, you can grab a MagSafe-compatible version as well.
Check out totallee Thin iPhone 13 Case on Amazon.
Best Ultra-Thin iPhone 13 Case for Protection: PITAKA Magnetic MagEZ Case 2 iPhone 13 Case
- [Compatible Model] Only Compatible for iPhone 13-6.1 inch. Note: MagEZ Case 2 for iPhone 13 is ONLY compatible with the new MagEZ Car Mount Pro and will not work with MagEZ Mount Qi.
- [Compatible with MagSafe] With built-in metal strips, the MagEZ Case 2 for iPhone 13 attaches to any MagSafe wireless charger for a seamless charging experience.
- [Premium Material] Made from 1500D aramid fiber, this case protects from daily scratches and color-fading. The excellent 3D grip feels sleek but not slippery.
- [Slim & Light] Weighing only 0.77oz and measuring just 0.06 in, the MagEZ Case 2 protects your phone without unnecessary bulk.
- [Precise Cutouts] The form-fitting case takes a half-pack cutting design on the top and bottom. Opened button cut allows easy access to each button. Raised bonded rings provide additional protection...
The PITAKA Magnetic MagEZ Case 2 iPhone 13 Case is one of the most expensive cases we’ve looked at, but this is for quite a good reason. Simply put, the case is as durable as they come.
Made from the same aramid fiber used in bulletproof vests, the case will protect your phone from pretty much anything you could throw at it. The textured grip only increases the protection, as you’re much less likely to drop it. The case isn’t as thin as some other options, but its durability is unparalleled.
The case from PITAKA is practical as well as protective, since it’s MagSafe-compatible and has open access to the physical buttons. There aren’t too many color options, but that’s not really the focus of this case. If keeping your phone safe is your priority, you can’t go wrong with PITAKA.
Check out PITAKA Magnetic MagEZ Case 2 iPhone 13 Case on Amazon.
Best Leather Ultra-Thin iPhone 13 Case: Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case
- ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH iPhone 13
- ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM PROTECTION - Ultra-protective with AiroShock impact absorbing technology.
- MAGSAFE COMPATIBLE - Designed from the ground-up to be fully compatible with the world of MagSafe.
- THINNER THAN EVER - Our thinnest Limitless case ever, for minimal bulk in maximum style.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - All Mous cases come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
If you’re after a leather look, the best we’ve found is the Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case. Usually, leather cases are more aesthetic than durable, but this Mous case breaks that mold.
The case uses AiroShock shock-absorbing technology and has been put through much testing to make sure it offers complete protection. The magnetic elements have also been integrated into the case’s layers, making sure MagSafe connectivity is seamless.
Some natural patina will develop due to the black color of the leather, but this hardly takes away from the stylish design. All in all, the Limitless 4.0 is rugged yet thin, and a perfect fit for all your MagSafe accessories, too.
Check out Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case on Amazon.
Best Sustainable Ultra-Thin iPhone 13 Case: SteepLab Eco Warrior Case
- FIGHT THE STATUS QUO - choose a case that makes a statement about your contribution of our future. Contains 0% plastic in 100% of the product (SGS and DIN certified compostable and biodegradable). Go...
- SUPER SLIM PROFILE - measures only 0.05” (1.35 mm), use it, grip it, carry it every day with ease! Thin enough to allow most wireless and magnetic charging.
- UNIQUE SPECKLE PATTERN - made with recycled material plant fiber: every case is different, just like us.
- FUTURE CONSCIOUS PACKAGING - hand wrapped in 100% recycled kraft paper, also makes it a great gift. Guilt-free unwrapping.
- 100% Satisfaction guaranteed | We are Texas based, feel free to reach out!
The SteepLab Eco Warrior Case is not only one of the most affordable cases, but also the most sustainable. More and more people are becoming environmentally conscious these days, but that shouldn’t exclude you from having a high-quality case for your smartphone.
The case is even compostable and biodegradable as it contains no plastics. Even if the environment isn’t on your mind, this case is fantastic for those who don’t like the look and feel of a plastic or leather case.
Colors are kept simple – you can choose between cream and midnight black, both of which feature attractively unique speckles in their design due to the recycled plant fibers used.
This isn’t the thinnest case, but it’s not the thickest, and it’s compatible with MagSafe. There aren’t any particularly special protective features, but overall it’s a very sturdy case, especially considering that it’s made out of plant fibers.
Check out SteepLab Eco Warrior Case on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best iPhone 13 Ultra-Thin Case: Step by Step
A phone case is a no-brainer when it comes to using your phone, but there are many factors to consider. These are the most important aspects to think about:
So, let’s take a closer look at each one.
Many people will choose their phone case simply because of the materials it’s made of. This is understandable, as the aesthetics are largely dictated by the design materials.
Some will always love the feel of leather cases, which are generally fairly durable, but also prone to superficial scuffs. While plastics can be seen as tacky to some, they do offer great protection and a lightweight feel.
Just be sure the texture is something you consider before making a purchase, as some cases can be more slippery than others. Dust tends to accumulate inside a lot of plastic and silicone cases, so these will probably need to be cleaned more often than in other cases.
How important the price is to you will depend on your budget. If you put your phone through the wringer on the regular, though, it may be worth investing in a pricier option with superior protection.
If your use is very cautious, however, the design and functionality of the case may be more of a priority. Ultimately, this will come down to how and for how long you plan to use your phone.
Generally, leather cases tend to age better visually, as they develop a natural weathered look which a lot of users love. Many people won’t be happy with a leather case, though, since they can be stained easily and some even begin to peel.
In this case, you should opt for a plastic or silicone case that’s resistant to yellowing over time. Most cases have some kind of protection built in, but they’re not all equal.
If protection and longevity are paramount, then go for a case that absorbs shock and has a raised lip, as well as a textured grip to avoid falls. Some are even made with bulletproof fibers, so they’re a great option for those who want protection above all else.
Aside from keeping your phone safe and matching your personal style, the functionality of a case is a big factor when making a purchase. Some will double as kickstands for a more enjoyable streaming experience, and some are MagSafe-compatible.
Some cases even have an attached wallet for card and cash storage, so consider what features are important to you when using a case.
What to Know Before Buying the Best iPhone 13 Ultra-Thin Cases
Cases aren’t too cheap, so think about how you’re going to use your phone and what you want to get out of buying a case. Not all of them are MagSafe-compatible, and colors vary greatly between models.
Wallet cases are handy, but they’re usually quite bulky and add weight to your phone. Consider the thickness of the phone case, particularly if you’re looking for the sleekest case possible.
Using the Best iPhone 13 Ultra-Thin Cases: What it’s Like
Overall, the best case for you will be the one that fits your needs, offers adequate protection, and suits your unique style. These cases are very different in terms of functionality and design, but they will all add some degree of protection to your phone.
Those after a more natural look will likely be impressed with a leather or plant fiber case, but if you want a colorful yet minimalist design, silicone or plastic cases are probably the way to go. While MagSafe-compatible cases and wallet cases are certainly useful, they just don’t offer the sleekness possible with ultra-thin cases.
- The 5 Best MagSafe iPhone 13 Pro Max Cases – Looking for the biggest version of the iPhone 13? Check out the best MagSafe iPhone 13 Pro Max cases.
- How To Connect (Pair) AirPods to iPhone – All your questions about pairing your AirPods with your iPhone are answered here.
- How to Clean iPhone Charging Port (With Photos) – Curious about how to best clean your iPhone’s charging port? Discover how to do it by clicking the link.