PlayStation 5 ushered us into the next era of the PlayStation gaming experience, bringing many new features and capabilities that PlayStation gamers adore. Released in 20202, PS5 offers a faster response time and lower power consumption than its predecessors.
If you’re building a collection or want to explore PS5 games, you’re at the right place. We’ve done a bit of sleuthing and found the top games. Here are the best PlayStation 5 games in 2022:
- Best Overall: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Best for Adventurers: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Gift for Players: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
- Best for Sports: Nintendo Switch Sports Standard
- Best Budget Friendly: Outriders: Worldslayer
Best Overall: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Discover Hyrule as never before: by making your own path, choices, and consequences
- Ingenuity is the key to survival: find multiple solutions to tons of dynamic puzzles
- Surprises hide around every corner: scavenge weapons, armor, plants, animals, and more
- Live off the land: find weapons and armor, cook food, and brew elixirs
- Utilize special technology: the in-game Sheikah Slate controls objects and enemies in fun ways
The The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a single-player action-adventure RPG video game developed by Nintendo.
In this game, players complete puzzles, fight enemies and explore the vast world around them. What makes Zelda: Breath of the Wild different from other games is that it lets players use breath and terrain to solve tasks. In addition, players can also wield different weapons to fight enemies and explore the world.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is considered a very good game for PS5 because it can simultaneously be played on handheld and home consoles. It’s also a great game that everyone can play with or without any difficulty level. Work is in progress to ensure players enjoy the best gaming experience.
The game’s story revolves around Link, an adventurer who sets off on a journey to defeat Ganon and save Princess Zelda. By doing so, he will realize that there are many worlds that he has to travel to while completing his adventure to save Princess Zelda.
Players can use Master Sword, Zelda’s Bow, or Fierce Deity’s Blade to achieve victory in combat. To make exploring easier, players can carry a map that indicates how far they have walked. Players will travel through several locations while completing various tasks on their adventure. The gameplay also takes you through underground areas filled with black sludge and dangerous monsters. In the game, characters explore forests, dangerous swamps, and snowy regions in their journey.
Check out the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Amazon.
Best for Adventurers: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The intergalactic adventurers are back with Ratchet & Clank: Rift apart. Help them stop a robotic Emperor intent on conquering cross-dimensional worlds, with their own universe next in line.
- Built from the ground up by acclaimed studio insomniac games, go above and beyond with the mind-blowing speed and immersive features of the PS5 Console.
- Brand-new haptic feedback and adaptive trigger Technology creates astonishing physical sensations, bringing in-game actions to life in your hands via the dual sense wireless Controller.
Developed by Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is set in the wake of the Ratchet and Clank universe. The game’s main objective is to guide two protagonists – Ratchet and Clank- through various planets while battling various enemies. Rift Apart includes exciting mechanics, beautiful graphics, and an engaging story.
The gameplay resembles previous installments. A combination of platforming and third-person shooting elements keeps you occupied for hours. Ratchet uses a gigantic wrench to resolve most of the combat situations, while Clank uses a range of clever gadgets to overcome platform puzzles.
This game features various weapons and vehicles to help you in your missions. As you progress through the levels, you will gain access to new weapons and gadgets, making your journey much easier. The game’s graphics are truly stunning, the environment detailed, and the animations amazing.
Check out the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on Amazon.
Best Gift for Players – Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
- Beyond war, ancient beauty endures: Roam vast countryside and expansive terrain to encounter rich characters, discover ancient landmarks and uncover the hidden beauty of Tsushima.
- The rise of the Ghost: Seek support from old friends and new unlikely allies to reclaim Tsushima.
- Mud, Blood and steel: challenge opponents with your katana for an immersive Samurai combat experience.
- Become legends together: play with friends or via online matchmaking in a series of two-player story missions or four-player wave-based survival missions in the legends online co-op
- A whole new island to explore: Travel to Iki Island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence in a brand-new story with deeply personal stakes.
The Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut is one of the best games in the action genre. Set in Iki Island, Japan, this game offers an amazing storyline and action-packed adventure with its fast gameplay.
The gameplay reloves around Jin samurai, a rebellious and ambitious man who has to fight for his survival and to protect his honor against foreign invaders. To survive in this brutal world, the player must use his abilities, including sword-fighting, bow and arrow, grappling, magic, and stealth skills.
Ghost of Tsushima offers a truly shocking and surprising experience as the player faces difficult challenges in each scenario and environment. Gamers who love action games will love this one. The game’s graphics are simply amazing due to the graphic features of PS5.
You can play this game on PS4 and PS5 without changing the gameplay. But for the best experience, we recommend playing the game on a PS5 model due to its raw power and graphical features. If you want a real action-packed adventure with amazing graphics and riveting gameplay, Ghost of Tsushima is the right game for you.Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
Best for Sports: Nintendo Switch Sports Standard
- Features 7 sports: Golf, Soccer, Volleyball, Bowling, Tennis, Badminton, and Chambara
- Soccer uses a Joy-Con with the Leg Strap (included in the physical version only) to kick the ball
- Multiplayer modes include 1v1, 2v2, or a free-for-all, but additional accessories (sold separately) may be required
- Multiplayer is available locally or online
- Nintendo Account and Nintendo Switch Online membership required for online features
Nintendo has a new member, the Nintendo Switch Sports Standard , a collection of the best sports games that expands your gaming options. These games are sold in discs or cartridges, which you can insert on your PS5 console or PS5 Slim.
Nintendo Switch Sports Standard lets you enjoy sports games in handheld mode or at home. In addition, you can play and watch your favorite sports game on any television. Popular sports such as baseball, basketball, football, hockey, tennis, and boxing are all featured.
The good thing with Switch Sports Standard is it comes with a built-in camera that shoots in 4K, Full HD, and 1080p at 60 fps in all modes. Gamers can enjoy their favorite sports via various modes where they can play, practice, watch, and even record any moment for later use. Featured games have quality graphic quality than predecessors.
Check out Nintendo Switch Sports Standard on Amazon.
Best Budget Friendly: Outriders: Worldslayer
- A Journey Of Death -Humanity’s hope for survival rests on your journey deep into the cradle of Enoch’s civilization
- Dynamic 1-3 Player Co-Op - Play solo or join up to 2 friends in drop-in drop-out co-op as you take on the horrors of a hyper-evolved planet in an apocalypse
- 4 Unique Classes - Create and customize your own Outrider and choose from 4 unique powerful classes each with its own deadly array of brutal abilities with Skill Trees and Pax Trees to further define...
- Guns & Gear - Customize and upgrade your Outrider(s) with countless combos of powerful Epic, Legendary and Apocalypse items with increasing damage potential; Gear can be modified with up to 3 mod...
- Outriders Included - The full experience of OUTRIDERS WORLDSLAYER includes the original OUTRIDERS game, with all the numerous quality of life improvements and Expedition content added since launch
The Outriders: Worldslayer is our pick for the best budget PS5 game. The game’s objective is to defeat other players or teams in a futuristic arena. It is conceptualized as a mix of simulation and fighting features. Despite its price, Outriders has amazing gameplay.
The game features a real-world environment with all modes seamlessly hidden behind the holograms. Players will have to find strategies while interacting with different weapons, animations, and other data available in the game and use those to help them in battle. In this game, players can experience the best gaming experience at home, at work, or on the go.
Check out the Outriders: Worldslayer on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best PlayStation 5 Games: Step by Step
When choosing the PS5 games, consider the following:
- Release Year
- Playing Style
- Design Construction
- Developer History
PS5 games vary in terms of release year. Decide whether you want to play a new game based on the available games or one that’s been around. The release year will determine your choice and the overall gaming experience.
Another thing to consider is the type of games you will play on your PS5. For example, if you love playing action-packed games, get the best PS5 shooters and adventure games. But, if you love simulation games, grab the best sports games coming out in 2022 and beyond.
The game’s design also determines the specific genre and playing style. For example, if you like playing games with fast-paced battles and hordes of enemies, go for a game that has excellent sound effects, visuals, and animations. On the flip side, a game with great graphics and animations can also be good if you want to play at home or on the road.
It’s also a good idea to pick a game based on the developer’s history. For example, a developer with an extensive history of creating action games will probably create another amazing action game for PS5 in 2022 and beyond. Similarly, if you are a fan of racing games, pick a PS5 game from the best racing game developers.
What To Know Before Buying the Best PlayStation 5 Games
While there are lots of PS5 games in the market, only a few are worth an investment. The right PlayStation 5 games can provide you with an amazing gaming experience. For starters, choose a platform you want to play your new games.
If you want to play the latest games, we recommend you use a platform that supports them. Read through the game’s features before making a decision. Most importantly, know the genre of game you are interested in playing. The PS5 is a premium platform, so games will likely cost a premium. So, take time to compare different games before deciding on a game.
Using the Best PlayStation 5 games: What it’s Like
PS5 games are available on disc as well as digitally. You can download them quickly from the PlayStation store. Once the installation is done, you need the PlayStation Plus membership to play PS5 games online with your friends.
The best approach to accessing or playing PS5 games would be using PlayStation plus. With your subscription, you can play games online, get regular updates, and download the latest games before they are released. A PlayStation Plus membership has its perks as well. You can get a 10% discount for everything you purchase with your PS Network wallet.
Check out some of our other articles: