The best iPhone X cardholder cases are multifunctional and durable. They allow users to keep their essentials, like credit and debit cards, ID cards, and money safe while also negating the need for a wallet. They should also look presentable and protect the phone against significant damage after a fall.
Numerous cardholder cases are currently available on the market, making it considerably challenging for most people to decide on a case that meets their needs. Do not worry; we have done extensive testing on several iPhone cardholder cases and have come to several conclusions.
Here are the best iPhone X cardholder cases based on specific criteria:
- Best Overall: Snakehive Apple iPhone X/XS Vintage Wallet
- Best Premium Option: Nomad Folio for iPhone X/XS
- Best Budget Option: SUPBEC iPhone X Wallet Case Cover
- Best Durable Option: Spigen Slim Armor CS Case
- Most Versatile: VENA vCommute iPhone Xs/X Wallet Case
Note that each of the cases below is specific to the iPhone X and iPhone Xs model, as both models have the same size of 5.8”. Read on for an in-depth look at their features and factors to consider before making a purchase.
Best Overall: Snakehive Apple iPhone X/XS Vintage Wallet
- FITS iPHONE X/XS ONLY ✔: Custom-made leather wallet phone case for the Apple iPhone X/XS 5.8" screen. Double check your model first
- GENUINE LEATHER CASE HANDMADE IN EUROPE ✔: A leather wallet case made with European Nubuck leather for a soft, suede-like finish & elegant patina unique to every leather cover
- FEATURES AS SMART AS YOUR PHONE ✔: A leather folio case with card slots (x3), a money slip, full cable/button/speaker access, a magnetic closure and a landscape kickstand
- DROP & SCRATCH PROTECTION ✔: A classy leather phone cover & flexible plastic inner keeps your phone both safe & stylish throughout your day
- SNAKEHIVE 12 MONTH WARRANTY ✔: A flip case that’s built to last - includes Snakehive’s 12 month warranty & 30 day money-back guarantee with this leather wallet case with card holder
The Snakehive Apple iPhone X/XS Vintage Wallet offers functionality, premium quality, and affordability; we ranked it the best iPhone X cardholder case after extensive testing.
The Snakehive vintage wallet is made from hand-crafted European Nubuck Leather, giving it a stylish appearance and a soft, suede-like finish. The leather also develops a patina over time that enhances the appearance of the cardholder case as opposed to other cases that can develop scratches or stains with age.
Regarding functionality, the Snakehive vintage wallet offers three card slots and a money slot guaranteeing enough space to carry your most essential items. It also functions as a kickstand, allowing you to enjoy videos and video calls in landscape view without holding onto your phone. The Snakehive vintage wallet also supports wireless charging.
Moreover, the case has several features to protect your phone against damage. For instance, it has a magnetic closure that prevents the folio from swinging open when the phone is not in use.
It also has a flexible plastic inside that protects the phone’s screen against abrasion and scratches. Lastly, the Snakehive vintage wallet has an outer leather lip that protects the edges and corners of the phone in case of a fall.
Regarding affordability, the Snakehive vintage wallet costs around $35, which is affordable considering the premium materials used in its manufacture and its numerous functions. If all the above factors are not enough for you to make a final decision, the case comes with a 12-month warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out Snakehive Apple iPhone X/XS Vintage Wallet on Amazon.
Best Premium Option: Nomad Folio for iPhone X/XS
- Horween leather from the USA
- Develops a rugged patina
- 3 credit card slots
- 1 cash pocket
- Compatible with wireless charging
Nomad is known for their production of high-end accessories for iPhone gadgets. Therefore, it is no surprise that we settled on the Nomad Folio for iPhone X/XS as the best premium option after having hands-on experience with the cardholder case.
Nomad has a history of working with leather sourced from the USA-based Horween Leather Company. The Horween Leather Company has made premium leather products since the early 20th Century, meaning Nomad does not compromise on quality. The leather case often develops a unique rugged patina as it ages, giving your phone a sleek appearance.
Unlike most iPhone X cardholder cases that only offer slots for two credit cards, the Nomad Folio has enough space to accommodate three cards and an extra slot to carry cash. It also provides more excellent protection against falls than most cardholder cases. The standard protection offered by other cases is against drops from a height of four feet.
However, the Nomad Folio protects your phone against drops as high as six feet thanks to microfiber linings and semi-rigid TPE edges that protect the phone. Other features on the Nomad Folio include compatibility with MagSafe and other wireless charging devices.
Therefore, buyers looking for unique cardholder cases should consider purchasing the Nomad Folio for iPhone X, retailing at just over $61.
Check out Nomad Folio for iPhone X/XS on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: SUPBEC iPhone X Wallet Case Cover
- [One Can Hold All of You] A beautifully hand-burnished iPhone X / XS case wallet shell, with sliding hidden Slot, allows you to store cash and 2 cards (credit/debit/ID card) with your phone. Keep all...
- [Military-Shield Design] The Shockproof Case for iPhone X / XS, crafted with Dual layers of advanced rigid Germany-Armor PC and Shock-Absorbent TPU, provides ultra sturdiness. If you do drop your...
- [Inimitable Precision] Designed by SUPBEC-Apple-Team to complement your iPhone, the form of the TPU silicone case fits snugly over the volume buttons, side button and curves of your device without...
- [Fabulous Full-Protection] Built for iPhone X / XS shockproof case. A screen protector inside is a bonus. Raised TPU bezel of this phone cover helps safeguard your screen and camera lens from...
- [Premium Customer Care] SUPBEC provides Customer Care on Amazon. We offer 180-Day-Care for defective products, please feel free to contact us through Amazon if you have any additional questions, we...
Starting at just under $12, the SUPBEC iPhone X Wallet Case Cover is one of the best-value iPhone cases to undergo testing. The case has a beautiful and sleek design with a hidden slot to hold two credit cards and some cash for those who still prefer to use physical currency.
The case is also shock resistant with military-grade shockproofing. That includes two layers of protection provided by a hard Germany-Armor PC and a soft shock-absorbent TPU capable of withstanding twenty-six drops from a height of four feet. The case also has a screen protector to shield your screen against scratches and cracking during falls.
Moreover, the SUPBEC wallet case has a raised TPU bezel that protects the phone’s camera and screen against scratches and dust. The case’s slim and snug design also ensures it does not add unnecessary weight to your phone, making it ideal for front-pocket carrying.
Though it does not support wireless charging, it offers excellent value for money, given its design and price. The case is available in four colors: black, blue, red, and rose gold.
Check out SUPBEC iPhone X Wallet Case Cover on Amazon.
Please Note: As of July 18, 2023, the SUPBEC iPhone X Wallet Case Cover is currently unavailable on Amazon. If you are unable to locate this product elsewhere, please check back later.
Best Durable Option: Spigen Slim Armor CS Case
- Dual-layered for extreme drop-protection
- Slim and lightweight design stays pocket-friendly
- Conveniently store up to two cards and some cash
- Mil-grade certified with Air Cushion Technology
- Designed for iPhone XS Case (2018) / Designed for iPhone X Case (2017)
If your biggest concern with iPhone X cardholder cases is that they are not long-lasting, then the Spigen Slim Armor CS Case is your best bet. The case has a slim and aesthetically pleasing design with an equally reliable durability score.
The Spigen case, made from polycarbonate and thermoplastic polyurethane, offers military-grade double-layer protection against drops. It also has a raised bezel that helps protect the phone’s screen and camera. In addition, the case has air cushion technology that protects the corners of the phone during drops by absorbing and distributing the shock, thus reducing the fall’s intensity.
Despite having a military-certified design, the Spigen case is not as bulky as expected. The case is lightweight and only adds 0.15 inches of thickness to your phone, which we found interesting during testing. The Spigen case has a hidden slot that can fit two credit cards.
Check out Spigen Slim Armor CS Case on Amazon.
Most Versatile: VENA vCommute iPhone Xs/X Wallet Case
- [PATENTED DESIGN IPHONE XS / X WALLET CASE] The patented and unique design combines functionality and protection. The hidden card slot securely stores IDs, credit/debit cards, or transit cards, plus...
- [MILITARY GRADE DROP PROTECTION WITH CORNERGUARD TECHNOLOGY] Dual-layer polycarbonate and TPU design meets military drop-test standard (MIL STD 810G-516.6), surviving 26 drops from 8 feet high....
- [COMPATIBLE WITH WIRELESS CHARGING] Open the card flap and place flat on Qi charger, and your phone will begin to charge. Note: Metal cards may interfere with wireless charging. Remove before placing...
- [MULTI-ANGLE MAGNETIC LOCK STAND] The foldable leather flap on the back of the case doubles as a kickstand so you can watch videos at your desired angle.
- [COMPATIBLE WITH MAGNETIC CAR MOUNTS] This iPhone XS / X wallet case comes with metal plates incorporated in the flap, therefore no additional plate or adhesive is needed.
The VENA vCommute iPhone Xs/X Wallet Case is one of the most versatile iPhone X cardholder cases available on Amazon. Some of the features on the case include a hidden slot that hides away enough space to hold three cards, including a credit or debit card, ID, and other essential cards.
It also has a minimalistic design that separates it from other cardholder cases that resemble a wallet. The Vena vCommute contains military-standard drop protection with an emphasis on corner protections designed to absorb force experienced by the four corners of the phone during a fall.
During testing, the dual-layer polycarbonate design satisfied military drop-test standards by withstanding twenty-six falls from four feet high. The magnetic flap at the back of the case also doubles as a kickstand that makes viewing videos or video calls more convenient.
The flap also contains metal plates that enable the case to attach to magnetic car mounts. Lastly, the Vena vCommute iPhone X case supports wireless charging. During testing, we opened the flap at the back of the case, then placed the phone with the phone case on top of the wireless charger.
However, we noted you should remove metallic cards in the case to avoid any disruptions to the charging process. The case is available in two colors: black and space gray, and costs $28, making it ideal for people looking for a mid-range cardholder case.
Check out VENA vCommute iPhone Xs/X Wallet Case on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best iPhone X Cardholder Cases
The numerous iPhone X cardholder cases in the market make it challenging for most people to make a final decision before making a purchase. Therefore, it is essential to keep the following factors in mind when looking for a cardholder case compatible with your needs and wants.
What follows is an in-depth look into each of the factors.
Many Apple products and accessories are expensive. However, the best iPhone X cardholder case does not necessarily have to be the most expensive one. Therefore, before browsing the available options, set a strict budget to ensure you do not buy one priced above your limit.
Most brands like Vena and Onetop have premium, mid-range, and budget-friendly cardholder cases that will enable you to pick the most conveniently priced one.
The primary function of a cardholder case is to offer storage options for your cards. That means the cardholder you chose has to have enough storage slots to fit your most important cards, like a driver’s license and at least two credit cards.
Some will also feature a place to keep the cash. However, avoid buying cases with excessive storage space as it makes phones bulky.
The cardholder case you pick has to be long-lasting and reliable to avoid spending unnecessarily on replacements. Many cardholder cases consist of features meant to increase their durability while protecting the phone. They include raised corners to protect the screen from drops and raised bezels to protect the phone’s cameras.
The material used to make a cardholder case hugely influences the case’s feel, grip, and appearance. It also affects the weight and durability of the case and the level of protection it provides your phone. Some materials used to make cardholder cases include leather, synthetic leather, plastic, carbon fiber, wood, and bamboo.
Lastly, your cardholder’s design determines its aesthetic appeal. Finding a case that meets all your design needs can be challenging, considering most brands offer cardholder cases in several designs, each in multiple colors. However, you might have to be willing to spend extra if you want a case with high-end designs.
What To Know Before Buying An iPhone X Cardholder Case
Before you buy an iPhone X cardholder case, you must know that most cardholder cases do not support wireless charging. Wireless charging utilizes electromagnetic induction to facilitate charging.
Therefore, it is not easy to make wireless charging work when there are several credit cards, a driver’s license, and some money hindering electromagnetic induction.
However, if the wireless charging function is vital to you, some manufacturers have bypassed the issue. For instance, some cases allow users to detach the portion holding the cards, charge the phone, and reattach it once it’s charged. Other cases flip open, allowing you to place the phone directly on the wireless charger.
Using iPhone X Cardholder Cases: What It’s Like
iPhone X cardholder cases combine convenience, functionality, and comfort for people who carry their phones in their purses or pockets. The cardholder case ensures all your essential documents are in one place, guaranteeing you maximize the space in your pockets or purse.
Having all your necessary cards in one place also significantly reduces the chances of forgetting them at home or the office because once you have your phone, you have all the cards you might need. Lastly, a cardholder case also protects your phone, meaning you do not have to worry about damage to the screen whenever your phone drops.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Nefedova Tanya/Shutterstock.com.