- Only motherboards which come with AM4 sockets will do; those with AM3 or any other variety will be unacceptable since the Ryzen 5 5600X uses an AM4 socket itself.
- The brand counts too: pay close attention to motherboards produced by ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI as they are some of the best.
- Care should be taken when purchasing a really cheap motherboard since your PC may pay for it the price in the long run.
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is one of the best mid-range processors for gaming. It’s a budget-friendly but powerful CPU that lets you build a custom PC for any purpose. What is more, is that the CPU works for those looking to set up PC for VR or streaming. However, your processor is only as good as the motherboard you pair it with. So, what is the absolute best motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X in 2022?
The Ryzen processors from AMD are some of the best CPUs you can get, so it only makes sense to pair them with a great motherboard. We’ll talk about some of the best options available on the market. Additionally, we’ll dive deep into each motherboard’s specs and features to help you choose the perfect one.
Here are our top picks :
- Best overall: MSI MPG B550 Gaming
- Best budget option: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite
- Best compact option: ASRock A520M-ITX
- Best for performance: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
- Most durable option: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
Best Overall Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X: MSI MPG B550 Gaming
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Wi-Fi 6 AX Solution
- MYSTIC LIGHT: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2.AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming...
After reviewing user reports and benchmarks for dozens of motherboards, we settled on the MSI MPG B550 Gaming as the best overall motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X. MSI is famous for its gaming components and laptops.
The MPG B550 sits right in the middle of the other options on our list in terms of price. This makes it ideal for budget-conscious shoppers and those who also want good performance. Additionally, the MPG B550 includes many useful features that come in handy when setting up your PC.
For those looking for performance, you’ll be pleased to find out that this motherboard includes two full-length PCI-e slows for installing graphics cards. The main slot is based on the PCI-e 4.0 standard, which is ideal for installing your graphics card of choice.
Its rear panel has five USB ports, a USB Type-C port, an Ethernet port, a PS/2 port, and a full range of audio connections, including S/PDIF optical audio output. You also get multiple M.2 slots for connecting solid-state drives (SSDs). That’s not to mention the whole board is illuminated by beautiful RGB lighting.
Check out MSI MPG B550 Gaming on Amazon.
Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processors
- Support for Windows 11 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Dual channel ECC/non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 12 phases digital VRM
- Extended VRM Heatsink
- Dual NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 and thermal guard
If you are working with a limited budget, there are still plenty of options for a good motherboard. But our pick for the best budget motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X, based on user reports and benchmarks, is the Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite.
Although you will have to sacrifice something with a low-cost board like this, the X570 AORUS Elite still offers some great features. The only things you miss out on with this motherboard are WiFi, USB-Type C, and flashy extras like RGB lighting. However, these are less important features anyway.
Where this motherboard shines is the port selection. On the rear panel, you will find a whopping ten USB ports. Six of these ports are ultra-fast USB 3.0. You also get an ethernet port and HDMI port. Additionally, there’s an M.2 slot for connecting a high-speed SSD.
Check out Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite on Amazon.
Best Compact Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X: ASRock A520M-ITX
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future 3000-4000 Series AMD processors
- 12GB storage capacity
- Supports DDR4 RAM
- 2400MHz memory clock speed
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16
- DisplayPort and HDMI
If you are looking for the most compact motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X, we recommend the ASRock A520M-ITX with a Mini-ITX form factor. This motherboard is designed for compact custom builds, and its great for those building a small PC.
Despite its small size, A520M-ITX has all the features you would expect from a full-size motherboard. There are two DDR4 RAM slots and four SATA connectors for plugging in storage devices. Additionally, you’ll find a slot to plug in an M.2 NVMe solid-state drive.
On the rear panel, there’s a wide array of ports, including USB 3.0, USB Type-C, HDMI, and Display-Port, as well as WiFi AC. Overall, this motherboard’s small size and standard features make it an excellent choice for saving space.
Check out ASRock A520M-ITX on Amazon.
Best Performance Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
- AMD AM4 socket
- Supports up to two M.2 drives
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Bluetooth v5.2
- Passive chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual M.2 heatsinks, and a water pump header
- 2.5 Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO
- Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, and DisplayPort 1.2
If budget is no option, the best performance motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X is theASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard. This board offers a full range of performance options, such as dual PCI-e 4.0 slots for connecting multiple graphics cards.
Additionally, you may notice that the Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard is decked out in customizable RGB lighting. If you are building a high-end PC, this motherboard will add the wow factor to your rig.
As for ports and connectivity, you get seven USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel, as well as HDMI and USB-Type C. There is also an ethernet port and WiFi connectivity. If you hope to game or stream wirelessly, this is the right motherboard for you.
Check out ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming on Amazon.
Best Durable Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 12-plus-2 Phases Digital VRM solution with 50A DrMOS
- Advanced thermal design with Fins-Array heatsink and direct touch heatpipe
- Ultra-durable PCIe 4. 0 Ready x16 Slot
For those searching for the most durable motherboard to pair with the Ryzen 5 5600X, there’s no better choice than GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC. Besides providing all the standard features you’ll find on the other motherboards, the Gigabyte brings some welcome additions.
Oversized heatshields cover your motherboard’s essential components, such as the capacitors, rear panel, SouthBridge, and M.2 slot. This added protection not only shields the most sensitive parts from dust but also helps keep them cool.
You even get built-in WiFi 6 and Bluetooth for connecting all of your wireless devices. Overall, the upgradeability and durability offered by the Gigabyte B550 make it an ideal choice for a durable custom-built PC.
Check out GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X: Step by Step
Your choice of motherboard can make or break your PC, so finding one is absolutely critical. The best motherboards offer the perfect mix of durability, ports, features, and a good warranty. Unlike prebuilt desktops, where you can’t choose your motherboard, building your PC allows you free reign to pick whichever motherboard you desire.
Below factors impact the choice of the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X:
Let’s explore each one in more detail.
When selecting the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X, durability should be at the top of your list of concerns. Durability depends on how reliable your motherboard is and how long it will last. If your motherboard is not built to last, it may fail after a few years, leaving you with a dead PC.
How long your motherboard lasts depends on the capacity quality. Japanese-made capacitors are undoubtedly the best. Avoid cheap, low-quality capacitors as they can burst and damage your motherboard.
Additionally, you want to find a motherboard with a high-quality printed circuit board (PCB). It is the base to which all of your components are attached. Ideally, you want to have a PCB with more grounding layers. This helps each component have a more direct path to other components and keeps RF interference down.
When selecting your motherboard, you want to keep upgradeability in mind. Having plenty of SATA ports and RAM slots is important as you may need to add hard drives and RAM down the road. All the hand-picked motherboards in this article are upgradeable. Extra PCI-e slots for adding graphics cards, wireless cards, and expansion cards are a plus.
Another key consideration is whether the motherboard is compatible with the rest of your components. The Ryzen 5 5600X requires an AM4 socket motherboard. Additionally, you want to ensure you have an updated BIOS to support your processor. All of the motherboards on our list are AM4-compatible and up to date to support the Ryzen 5 5600X.
When shopping for a motherboard, don’t always go for the cheapest. A cheap motherboard can sabotage your whole PC. However, you can still find low-cost options out there. In fact, our pick for the best budget motherboard is the best bang for your buck.
What To Know Before Buying a Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X
Before you buy a motherboard for your Ryzen 5 5600X, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. The most important thing is to find a compatible motherboard. The Ryzen 5 5600X processor will only work on an AM4 socket motherboard. This rules out motherboards with different socket types, such as AM3 or 1155. The last thing you want to do is end up with a motherboard that doesn’t work.
Additionally, it is important to look for a motherboard from a reputable manufacturer. Names like ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI are companies that have been in business for decades and have thousands of good reviews. Ensure that you check customer reviews when buying your motherboard. We only pick models with above-average user reviews.
Overall, these are the absolute best motherboards for Ryzen 5 5600X in 2022. We’ve made our recommendations and hope you’ll have an easy time selecting the perfect keyboard.
Interested in finding out about the best motherboards for other processors in the series? Click on the links provided below:
- The Absolute Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 5800X: Only the right kind of motherboard is capable of bringing out the best in this gaming processor. Here are the best options specially handpicked for you.
- The Absolute Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 5900X: It takes a great motherboard to complement an awesome processor. Discover those that make the cut for the Ryzen 9 5900X.
- The Absolute Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 5950X: This 16-core processor which promises excellent performance also comes with a compatibility with a wide range of motherboards. But which ones are best suited to it? Find out in this article.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©NoonBuSin/Shutterstock.com.