Do you work on a computer all day? Do you often squint at your screen to see the text or icons? If so, it might be time to invest in a large computer monitor that will give you an experience that can’t be matched — from a high refresh rate to a clear screen.
Most of these monitors have all the best features you’re looking for in a display, whether you’re looking for something for general use or gaming.
Before making any purchases, a review of some of the largest monitors available today is critical. Regardless of if you’re looking for something ultrawide or just a bit bigger than your current monitor, you can always find one among the best-ranked types in the market.
We’ve compared a variety of the largest computer monitors to discover which ones are best for your needs and have compiled a list of the best ones out there now.
Let’s explore them below!
- Best Overall: Samsung CJ890 49-inch
- Best Budget-Friendly: ViewSonic VX4380-4K 43-inch
- Best for Business: Dell UltraSharp U4919DW 49-inch
- Best for Multitasking: HP Z43 LED-Backlit LCD 42.5-inch
- Best for Gaming: Odyssey G50A QHD Gaming Monitor 32-inch
- Best for Performance: Dell U4320Q UltraSharp 43-inch
Best Overall: Samsung CJ890 49-inch
- 32: 9 aspect ratio
- Viewing angle: 178° (H) / 178° (V)
- Aspect Ratio: 32:9
- 1800R ultra-curved screen
- Two USB-C ports with an integrated KVM switch
- 144Hz refresh rate
The Samsung CJ890 49-inch monitor is one of the largest computer monitors you can buy today.
The Samsung CJ890 series has a well-deserved reputation for reliability. Visually, it presents images with zero ghosting or blurring.
This 49-inch screen’s rapid response time makes it great for gaming and enjoying movies.
Because prolonged monitor use can be hard on the eyes, the designers integrated a flicker-free feature. No matter how bright your screen is, you won’t see any flickering.
Also incorporated is Eye Saver Mode, which helps alleviate eye strain by reducing the amount of blue light emitted by the screen.
Check it out on Amazon here.
Best Budget-Friendly: ViewSonic VX4381-4K 43-inch
- FORM & FUNCTION: With modern design, 4K UHD (3840x2160p) resolution, and premium MVA panel, this monitor look as good as it performs
- LARGE SCREEN: See all and do all from a single monitor; for any office application ranging from document editing to graphic design
- MULTIPICTURE FUNCTIONALITY: Supports multi-tasking and simultaneous viewing of up to 4 video sources at Full HD 1080p resolution
- HDR10 CONTENT SUPPORT: Displays videos as they are intended to be seen – giving you a fuller, more immersive viewing experience
- ENHANCED VIEWING COMFORT: Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter for all-day comfort
The picture quality on the ViewSonic VX4381-4K is excellent.
It has a massive 42.5-inch display with very little bordering and the screen is ideal for video gaming, watching Blu-ray movies, and browsing the internet.
It’s a good choice for your next gaming session because its largest widescreen display has accurate colors, constant brightness, and other gaming-friendly qualities. The device also features ViewSonic’s SuperClear technology.
The ViewSonic VX4381-4K is a great 42.5″ monitor that produces a stunning picture and operates smoothly. This massive computer monitor displays a lot of content and has stellar visual quality. While still pricey, it’s an excellent choice if you don’t have the cash to shell out for one of the more expensive options.
You can find it on Amazon here.
Best for Business: Dell UltraSharp U4919DW 49-inch
- The world's Fi RST 49" curved Dual QHD monitor for an immersive work experience that boosts productivity. Equivalent to two 27-inch QHD monitors, you'll get a brilliant uninterrupted view,...
- Dimensions - with stand: 47.84" W x 9.94" D x 18.06" H
- Native Resolution 5120 x 1440 at 60Hz
- Multitask efficiently with two PC sources using built-in Picture-by-Picture and keyboard, video and Mouse Features
The Dell UltraSharp U4919DW is one of the largest computer monitors, capable of replacing two 27-inch screens.
The 5160×1440 resolution and curved screen provide the most immersive watching experience possible, with vibrant colors.
The Dell Ultrasharp U4919DW’s in-plane switching screen provides wide viewing angles at a staggering 49 inches. Those who routinely work on multi-person projects will benefit greatly from this. Because of its dual QHD display, equal to two 27-inch QHD monitors, you can view more content.
Users of dual monitor setups understand how inconvenient it is when bezels occupy the space between their monitors. This screen’s ultrawide display will make your task much more manageable.
Check it out on Amazon here.
Best for Multitasking: HP Z43 LED-Backlit LCD 42.5-inch
- Experience crisp, colorful picture quality and excellent content readability with more than 8 million pixels; replace a typical quad-display setup with no multi-screen tiling required
- Redefine onscreen collaboration when you pull content simultaneously from up to four PCs and broadcast together on the screen at the same time with Picture-by-Picture features
- Start your meetings fast with a single USB-C cable that declutters your workspace, receives video and data, and can power your device up to 65W
- Connectivity Technology: Hdmi 2;Usb;Usb Type C
- 60 hertz
Using the HP Z43 LED-Backlit LCD monitor's Picture-by-Picture mode, you may stream video from up to four computers simultaneously and see it all on a single screen.
The image’s sharpness and depth will not go unnoticed, and the color reproduction is excellent. The writing is sharp and clear, thanks to nearly 8 million pixels. The stunning 3840×2160 quality on the 4K screen is sure to astound. As a result, it easily outperforms any machine with fewer than four monitors. Furthermore, your viewing area will not be divided by variable refresh rates or bezels.
With the correct USB-CTM cable, connecting your display to other devices is straightforward. You may use it to play media, transfer data, and charge devices up to 65 watts. It has one of the largest computer screens available, making it excellent for those who transition between projects and media frequently.
You can find it on Amazon here.
Best for Gaming: Odyssey G50A QHD Gaming Monitor 32-inch
- QHD RESOLUTION & IPS PANEL: Packing in 1.7 times the pixel density of FHD, you can see games like never before; IPS panel delivers clear colors and a wide 178º viewing angle for clarity from any...
- FIND HIDDEN DETAILS OTHERS MISS: Awe-inspiring graphics with HDR10; A kaleidoscope of shades brings game scenes to life more vibrantly than ever before; Uncover the secrets hiding in the shadows with...
- REACT IN REAL TIME: Speed through scenes; 165Hz refresh rate eliminates lag for exhilarating gameplay with ultra-smooth action; Jump on enemies right when you see them with a 1ms response time and...
- LOW INPUT LAG: The incredibly-low input lag brings never-before-experienced response accuracy to catch notoriously-agile enemies; It's so fast, that action begins instantly when you turn on the...
- G-SYNC COMPATIBLE: G-Sync compatibility keeps the GPU and panel synced up to eliminate choppiness, screen-lag, and image tears; Fast-action and complex game scenes are stable and stutter-free with AMD...
When it comes to video games, seemingly small elements can determine the outcome of a match. The Odyssey G50A QHD Gaming Monitor 32-inch will not let you down in virtual combat with its 165Hz refresh rate, 1ms (GTG) response time, full adaptive G-Sync compatibility, and FreeSync Premium support.
It’s an updated version of the Samsung Odyssey G5 LC27G55T and is available as part of Samsung’s Odyssey gaming portfolio in 2022. The appearance and layout have been altered.
The absence of a curved display and a vertical alignment panel distinguishes this screen from the 2020 version, with Samsung having opted for a flat IPS panel display for this model. It supports a variable refresh rate (VRR) of 165Hz and has native FreeSync and G-Sync compatibility. It has excellent gaming performance and comes in 27- and 32-inch sizes; however, it lacks USB 3.0 and USB-C ports and cannot be utilized for work.
Check it out on Amazon here.
Best for Performance: Dell U4320Q UltraSharp 43-inch
- U4320Q UltraSharp 42.5 " 16:9 4K Ultra HD USB-C IPS LCD LED Monitor - HDMI Cable - DisplayPort Cable - USB Type-C Cable - USB Type-A to Type-C Cable - Power Cable - Original Box
- Display Type: LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size: 42.5" (107.9cm)
- Viewable Size: 42.5" (107.9cm)
- Panel Type: IPS
The Dell U4320Q's beautiful 4K display ensures clear text and vibrant colors. The flexibility to have numerous windows open at once on this TV-sized monitor will boost your productivity significantly.
This computer display’s price may appear extravagant to some, but it is well worth it due to its large screen and excellent performance.
A more flexible and user-friendly stand is the most visible difference between the UltraSharp U4320Q and its predecessor. You can change its height, tilt angle, and rotation.
This massive screen, like conventional computer displays, has many connection choices. It contains a 90-watt charging USB Type-C port, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs, and DisplayPort alt mode technology.
It’s available on Amazon here.
How to Pick the Best Computer Monitors
When selecting your preferred monitor, it’s important to make the following considerations:
- Display technology
- Refresh rate
Let’s review each one in more detail.
Different kinds of screen technologies power different kinds of computer monitors. However, the technology behind our screens has come a long way recently, with OLED, LCD, and LED displays becoming increasingly popular. Compared to other display technologies, OLED outperforms them all.
Before making a purchase, evaluate the screen’s resolution and the technology it uses. The resolution of a monitor controls how much individual pixels can display simultaneously. For example, 4K resolution refers to the number of pixels displayed on a computer screen. Ultra-high definition (UHD) alludes to this technology’s capacity to create images with extraordinary sharpness and depth of field.
Screen sizes vary significantly in the computer world. Some are relatively short, ranging in length from 17 to 40 inches. The display’s diameter determines the screen size.
Large-screen computer monitors are superior to small-screen monitors. The notable disadvantage of a large computer monitor is its cost. It’s hardly unexpected that they’re more expensive than standard-sized computer monitors. You can buy several medium-sized ones for the same price as one large computer display.
When choosing a computer monitor, you should examine port considerations. Every modern monitor includes at least one display port. Simply put, it’s a socket where the cable connecting the screen to the computer is inserted. Most current computer monitors have many inputs, including Digital Visual Interface (DVI), High-Definition Multimedia Input (HDMI), and DisplayPort (DP).
The refresh rate is an important feature to consider when purchasing a computer monitor. The number of times an image is displayed on a computer screen in a given second is referred to as the refresh rate. A 144-hertz (Hz) refresh rate LCD monitor is updated 144 times per second, whereas a 60Hz refresh rate panel is updated 60 times per second.
What to Know Before Buying the Largest Computer Monitors
When shopping for the largest computer monitors, you must consider the resolution, size, and features you need. The resolution is the number of pixels that make up the image on the screen, and the size is the physical dimensions of the monitor. The features include an adjustable stand, built-in speakers, and multiple input options.
The resolution you need depends on how you will be using your monitor. For instance, a lower resolution will suffice if you use it primarily for office work or browsing the internet. However, a higher resolution is necessary if you want to use your monitor for gaming or watching movies. Most monitors nowadays have a 1080p resolution, which is full HD. 4K resolution is becoming more common, but it is not yet necessary for most users.
The size of the monitor is also important to consider. You will want a smaller monitor if you have a small desk. Conversely, if you have a large desk, you can get away with a bigger monitor. The sweet spot for most people is around 27 inches.
A few features can make your life easier when purchasing a computer monitor. An adjustable stand lets you position the screen at eye level, which is more comfortable for long periods of time. Built-in speakers eliminate the need for external speakers, and multiple input options allow you to connect different devices to your monitor.
When shopping for the largest computer monitors, remember these factors to find the best option for your needs.
Using Largest Computer Monitors: What It’s Like
The largest computer monitors are unique. They provide so much screen real estate that you feel like you can see everything, from all of your programs to different windows simultaneously without having to alt-tab or use multiple monitors. Everything looks sharp and clear. Plus, with the large screen size, you don’t have to worry about losing any details.
The largest computer monitors can be quite expensive, depending on the make and model. But they are definitely worth the investment if you do a lot of work on your computer or if you enjoy playing video games.
Many gamers prefer to use large screens because it gives them a competitive advantage. Ideally, you want to get a monitor that’s at least 27 inches. Some people prefer larger screens, such as 30 or 34 inches, because they provide an immersive experience.
One downside of the largest computer monitors is that they can be quite heavy. So, if you plan on moving your monitor around often, you might want to get a smaller one. Overall, though, the large screen size is definitely worth it, and it’s something that you should consider if you’re in the market for a new monitor.
Check out some of these awesome articles: