- When collecting Harry Potter Funko Pops, it’s important to consider storage and cost to ensure the longevity and value of the items.
- To maintain their value, Harry Potter Funko Pops should be kept sealed and in good condition.
- Collecting Harry Potter Funko Pops is a fun hobby with almost 200 HP figurines to collect, providing endless options for fans and collectors alike.
- The rarest Harry Potter Funko Pop is the Harry Potter Honeydukes Mini Backpack Pop, making it a highly coveted item for collectors.
- New Harry Potter Funko Pops are released fairly consistently, with a current total of 186 Harry Potter Funko Pops available for collectors to add to their collections.
Since the first book’s release in 1997, Harry Potter has captured the hearts of many muggles, kids and adults alike. If you’re one of them, you may have started collecting HP items, including Funko Pops. But which Harry Potter Funko Pops are the best for your collection?
Check out the best Harry Potter Funko Pops!
- Best in Collection: Nearly Headless Nick Glow in the Dark Funko Pop
- Most Expensive: Harry Potter on Broom Funko Pop
- Rarest: Harry Potter 137 LACC Exclusive Funko Pop
- Best Super-Sized: 18-Inch Harry Potter with Hedwig Super-Sized Funko Pop
- Best Mini: Cornish Pixie, Mandrake, and Grindylow Mini Funko Pop Collection
- Top Original: Albus Dumbledore 04 Funko Pop
Best in Collection: Nearly Headless Nick Glow in the Dark
- Harry Potter Nearly Headless Nick
- 1.4"L x 1.16"W x 1.4"H
- Glow in the dark
First, we’re starting this list off with a bang. You may have expected a Harry Potter choice as the best in the whole collection. But let’s be honest, main characters aren’t always the best characters. Sometimes, the side actors capture our hearts too.
And that’s why this Nearly Headless Nick Funko Pop is one of the best. All Harry Potter fans know about his sacrifice at the end, so this is a great collector’s item for those who want to keep him “nearly” headless.
The best part about this Funko Pop is that it’s also glow-in-the-dark, making it even cooler to look at at night.
Most Expensive: Harry Potter on Broom
Technically, this isn’t the most expensive Funko Pop on the list, that goes to the rarest option. But it’s the most expensive that’s easily accessible.
This 2017 Summer Convention exclusive option can fetch upward of $150 to $200 based on how many are available at any given time.
While you’ll get the regular Harry Potter, he’ll be attached to his Nimbus 2000 broom and wearing his Quidditch clothing. A mini golden snitch also comes with the Funko Pop, and you’ll see it in Harry’s hand.
Rarest: Harry Potter 137 LACC Exclusive
The rarest item on this list is also the most expensive. That’s because it was released in 2017 and only 2,000 were created for the whole collection.
This figurine was released as a 20th anniversary Funko Pop to celebrate Harry Potter‘s birthday. This vinyl has Harry Potter in his regular muggle clothes, as well as his broken glasses (before Hermoine repairs them with her spell).
If you can afford any rare or highly-priced figurines, this will be your best bet, mainly because it showcases Harry Potter as his regular muggle self before he finds out he’s a wizard, and is one of the few pops that do.
Best Super-Sized: 18-Inch Harry Potter with Hedwig
Did you know that Funko Pops come in multiple sizes, including an almost two-foot figurine? If you have the space available to store bigger Funko Pops, you should grab the 18-inch Harry Potter with Hedwig vinyl.
This is one of the few Harry Potter figurines that showcase him with Hedwig. It also has him in his Hogwarts robes and shows off his lightning scar. This Funko Pop is five times the size of the normal versions but certainly has more detail too. And, you still get the classic Funko look with the gigantic head.
Best Mini: Cornish Pixie, Mandrake, and Grindylow
- Harry Potter Cornish Pixie, Mandrake, and Grindylow
- SDCC 2016 Exclusive
Technically, this is three separate Funko Pops, but we like that they’re included as a collection. If you want to add some different types of options to your collection instead of just the main characters of the books and movies, grab the Cornish Pixie, Mandrake, and Grindylow mini Funko Pops.
These little guys definitely look realistic and about as ugly as they are in the movies (unless, of course, you think they’re cute). They’re also incredibly small, measuring less than 2 inches, about 2 inches smaller than regular-sized Funko Pops.
Best Original: Albus Dumbledore 04
When the original Harry Potter Funko Pops collection was released, there were 10 figurines in the collection. Our favorite out of all of them is the original Albus Dumbledore.
This Funko Pop includes Dumbledore wearing his headmaster robe, complete with his magenta-purple hat. The stars on the hat are also included. He looks a bit stoic, but we all know that Dumbledore was a man of many secrets.
If you want a pop from the original Harry Potter collection, you can’t go wrong with any of them, but we do love the Albus option.
How to Pick the Best Harry Potter Funko Pops: Step-by-Step
If you’re starting to collect Harry Potter Funko Pops, you’ll want to remember storage options and how much they’ll cost you.
Storage is an important consideration, especially if you want to collect the super-sized Harry Potter options. Bookcases, shelving, or even cases can be great options when storing your special collection.
The price of some pops in the Harry Potter collections can also be quite expensive, sometimes fetching upward of $1,500. If you’re just starting your collection, that can be quite a bit for a Funko Pop. So you’ll want to keep that in mind.
What to Know Before Buying Harry Potter Funko Pops
There are many Harry Potter fans, and quite a few love collecting memorabilia. This includes Funko Pops. So, if you plan on taking your collection seriously, you can expect to spend a pretty penny once you’re complete.
Also, it’s important to keep these Funko Pops sealed. While many don’t lose value, it seems like some Harry Potter pops do lose value once they’ve been opened. Of course, if you never plan on selling them, feel free to showcase them the way you want.
Collecting Harry Potter Funko Pops: What It’s Like
Harry Potter lovers rejoice! Collecting Harry Potter Funko Pops is fun and there are so many options that you can collect since there are almost 200 HP figurines. If you’re starting your collection, you can’t go wrong with any of the above options!
More Funko Pop Coverage
- The Best Funko Pops Ever Made — All funko pops are cute, but have you ever wondered which are the very best? Check them out here!
- Discover the Most Expensive Funko Pop in the World — The most expensive funko pop will blow your mind! Find out how much it cost here.
- The First Funko Pops Ever Made — Have you ever wondered which were the very first funko pops on the market? Take a look at them here!
- The Best Anime Funko Pops Worth Collecting — Are you a fan of anime? See these fun funko pops that are worth collecting.
- The Most Rare and Exclusive Funko Pops That Every Collector Needs — Discover which are the most collectable and sought after funko pops here!
- Discover the Largest Funko Pop Collection — Do you think your funko pop collection is large? We bet it’s not as big as this one!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Forest_Fairy/Shutterstock.com.