Although a projector screen or TV plays a critical role in setting up home theaters, equally important is the sound quality. This is where a wireless home theater system comes in. With the best wireless home theater system, you’ll not only get a great audio system but also create less clutter. From multi speakers to AV receivers, there are plenty of options you can pick from.
So what are the best wireless home theater systems? Well, while this depends on you, it’s very important to factor in your needs, budget, and personal preferences. Whichever home theater system you choose, there should be something to boost your entertainment experience.
To help you pick the best one for your needs, we’ve reviewed the top 5 best wireless home theater systems.
Here are our top picks for the best wireless home theater systems you can buy today.
- Best Wireless Home Theater System Overall: Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 eARC SSE Max
- Best Budget Wireless Home Theater Systems: Polk React Home Theater System
- Best Surround Sound Wireless Home Theater System: SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package
- Best Compact Wireless Home Theater System: Sonos 5.1 Surround Set
- Best Design Wireless Home Theater System: Sonos Arch
Best Wireless Home Theater System Overall: Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 eARC SSE Max
- With 70+ years of audio excellence, experience the absolute best audio no other soundbar can replicate. Feel the roomshaking bass with industry’s only Dual Wireless Subwoofers & 360° 9.2 channel audio from every direction with our soundbar + four modular surround effects speakers. This plug and play solution’s designed to bring the acoustics of a high performance cinema into your living room in approx 30 minutes. Winner of the best Dolby Atmos soundbar battle (hosted by Brian Tong, Ex-Cnet host)
- Our DUAL 10" WIRELESS SUBWOOFERS (industry's 1st!), the new soundbar reference standard for bass, produce ground-shaking rumbles that turn your living room into an epicenter of adrenaline-pumping action. They merge to distribute the sonic boom evenly throughout the room with zero localization. Unleash cinema-level volumes without a trace of distortion, replicating the perfect theater experience. Agreed among experts, TWO subwoofers are a must for ultimate home theaters.
- FOUR 2-WAY REAR SPEAKERS (industry’s first!) produce spacious and dynamic surround sound. Each of them (connected to sub via RCA wires) is constructed with a tweeter that reproduces high frequencies with captivating clarity, and a full-range driver that delivers surround effects with power and precision. Simply put, the surround sound performance from simulated/virtual 2.1 or other 5.1 channel surround soundbars does not come anywhere close to this.
- Experience a whole new level of surround performance with our exclusive Spatial Surround Elevation SSE Technology. Featuring 3 advanced audio processing engines working in harmony to enhance directionality, enlarge spaciousness and unlock extra details of any audio soundtrack. Envelop your home theater with up to 9.2.4 channels of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X moving audio that flows all around you. Unleash the full dynamics of your audio experience with 110dB of room-filling sound.
- All units sold since Aug '19 can receive Dolby Atmos surround via TV’s eARC when streaming with TV’s smart apps like Netflix (Note: not all TVs can output Atmos. Refer to your TV brand’s audio output specs). Enjoy advanced connectivity with Dolby Vision, 4K UHD pass-thru and High Dynamic Range (HDR). Connect up to 6 devices via 1 HDMI ARC, 3 HDMI, 1 Optical and 1 Coaxial inputs. The 52-key backlit remote allows seamless control of sources, DSP modes, individual channel and room size optimization
Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 eARC SSE Max home theater system offers an immersive sound, clear audio, and massive bass rumble thus making it the best overall. Featuring 10-inch powered subwoofers, and four satellites, this system will significantly enhance your listening experience.
This new system goes even further with various hardware and software upgrades to allow you to get the highest quality lossless audio. It also comes with features like variable refresh rate and Bluetooth 5.0 with Qualcomm aptX HD that allows you to stream your audio at up to 24-bit digital quality. Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 upgraded hardware includes high output amplifiers, redesigned twin-cone drivers in the soundbar, and 2nd-generation two-way Quad Modular Surround Speakers. As a unique sound bar, it allows you to customize and set the satellites in different configurations depending on your preferences.
Given that the sub-woofers are wireless, you can position them the way you like. It also has Dolby Atmos support, and an additional Enhanced Audio Return Channel capability to let you enjoy other lossless formats like DTS: X. While the satellites and the bars are made of high-quality plastic as well as metal grilles, the subwoofers are wooden and sturdy. So, if you are looking for the best overall wireless home theater system that will immerse your whole room with clear audio and enhance your entertainment experience, this is the right pick.
|Loud and clear sound||Stereo content may not be clear|
|Improved performance of immersive Dolby Atmos||Maximum volume may be affected by the compression|
|Plentiful HDMI 2.1 connections|
|Well-built and solid design|
Check out Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 eARC SSE Max on Amazon.
Best Budget Wireless Home Theater System: Polk React Home Theater System
- Works with virtually any TV and remote
- Big virtual 3D surround sound
- Hear every word with Polk Voice Adjust technology
- Night movie and music mode pre-sets
If you are on a budget but still looking for the best audio, the Polk React Home Theater System is the right option. Following Polk’s original Echo soundbar, the Polk Command Bar, the React differs in that it doesn’t include a wireless subwoofer. This wireless home theater measures 34.02 x 4.76 x 2.2 inches hence compact enough to sit in front of most TVs without blocking them. Thanks to its mounting template and a pair of spacers, you can quickly install and use it. While the Polk React lacks Dolby Atmos, it effectively uses its four drivers to deliver an impressive bass and detailed sound.
You can also add optional subwoofers or other surround sound speakers to upgrade. With the Polk in-built Alexa, you can check the weather, control smart home devices, and access tunes from Apple Music, Amazon Music, or Spotify.
In terms of audio, the Polk React comes with four audio modes including;
- Music mode for stereo audio sources
- Night mode that compresses the range for late-night listening sessions
- Sports mode that emphasizes dialogue
- Movie mode with virtual surround effects to boost the apparent width of the soundstage
Overall, the Polk React features a built-in Alexa, support for additional speakers, and a sleek design. This means you get a complete package for your money.
|Great sound quality||Optional sub and surrounds are costly.|
|Night mode and voice volume level adjustment||No Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, or DTS Virtual:X support|
|Can add surround speakers and a wireless subwoofer|
Check out Polk React Home Theater System on Amazon.
Best Surround Sound Wireless Home Theater System: SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package
SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package is the right choice if you are looking to create a more realistic audio experience. Featuring a sleek compact design, this system can easily fit smaller rooms. Although it offers smaller attractive speakers, its subwoofer is both competent and compact.
The SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package has five identical satellite speakers and an SB-1000 subwoofer both available in piano gloss or available in black ash. Each satellite also has a 4.5-inch polypropylene driver and a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter which are mostly used on the Prime Towers.
If performance is your thing, you can expect this system to deliver pristine clarity and dynamic impact. Easy to install or mount on a wall, it’s perhaps the biggest-sounding small speaker available. On top of that, it features a 12-inch high-excursion driver, 850+ watts peak amplifier, 325 watts RMS, and the SVS subwoofer control smartphone app, to give you thrilling and immersive home audio experiences. From features to performance, this speaker offers clear surround sound that gives you the best entertainment experience.
|Great sound quality||A bit expensive|
|Small and compact in size||Might not work well for larger rooms|
|Punches way above its size and weight|
Check out SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package on Amazon.
Best Compact Wireless Home Theater System: Sonos 5.1 Surround Set
- Get full surround sound and deep bass, plus Alexa voice control, for your TV, music, and more
- Beam is the smart, compact soundbar for your TV with Amazon Alexa voice control
- Sub adds intense bass with two force cancelling speakers for deep sound and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- Two Play:1 surround speakers deliver theater quality sound
- Ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn and SiriusXM. Listen to hundreds of other streaming services with the Sonos app
If you are looking for a small and compact wireless home theater to enhance your listening experience, the Sonos 5.1 Home Theater Set is a brilliant choice. With Sonos 5.1 Home Theater System, you can play music from 30 different streaming services at different volumes and settings. You can also connect it to an Amazon Echo to use Alexa. This way, you can set alarms, make calls, set timers and play music instantly with voice control. Another wonderful addition to the Sonos 5.1 Home Theater is the night mode. With this feature, you can enjoy movies throughout the night without waking up others.
You just need to turn the night mode on to quiet the audio. As for the design, Sonos 5.1 Home Theater has a sleek and minimalistic design that allows it to fit in almost any room. Plus, it comes with minimal cables so you won’t end up being entangled with many wires.
The Sonos 5.1 wireless home theater solution is, therefore, the best home compact system. The best part is that you can quickly set it up and use it within no time.
|Clean design and set up||A little expensive compared to the competitors|
|Various customization options|
|Great customer support|
Check out Sonos 5.1 Surround Set on Amazon.
Best Design Wireless Home Theater System: Sonos Arch
- All-new Sonos Arc - Bring all your entertainment to life with the brilliantly realistic sound of Arc, featuring Dolby Atmos. Enjoy control with your TV remote, voice, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, and more
- 3D sound with Dolby Atmos - Experience shows, movies, and games with the precise and immersive sound of Dolby Atmos
- Tuned to perfection - Enhanced Trueplay tuning technology optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of the room
- Immerse yourself in the music - Stream music, radio, podcasts, and more from your favorite services with the Sonos app or Apple AirPlay 2 when the TV is off
- Class 10 for Full HD video recording and playback (Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, and other factors.)
Sonos Arch wireless home theater is a well-designed and sleek-looking system with several unique features to enhance your experience. Designed to partner with TV, if your sideboard is not big enough to accommodate its width, you can mount it on the wall. The Sonos Arch also comes with LEDs lights that can be seen shining through holes above the subtle Sonos logo. Since it supports eARC, it’s capable of handling higher-quality Dolby Atmos signals from TVs.
Beyond that, this system has a discrete center channel, to allow you to localize dialogue to a pinpoint location in the sound image. Additionally, Sonos Arch has a well-balanced frequency response where most voices are reproduced. To set it up, you need to position it in front of your TV and plug in the standard figure-eight power cord. Next, you need to open the app on your Android or iOS device and follow the instructions. If you’re looking for a sleek and well-designed premium soundbar, the Sonos Arch has you covered.
|Super clear sound||A little bit expensive|
|Great Dolby Atmos reproduction|
|Extensive music service support|
Check out Sonos Arch on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Wireless Home Theater Systems: Step By Step
While wireless home theater systems allow you to enjoy great audio and entertainment, making the right choice is critical. Here are the key steps in picking the best wireless home theater system.
Number of Speakers
The first step towards picking the best wireless home theater system is to determine the number of speakers you need. Since a good wireless system is all about sound, you require at least 2 speakers. There are two main speaker setups; the 5.1 and the 7.1 speaker setup. While the 5.1 setup consists of three front speakers and two surround speakers, the 7.1 system which costs more uses up to seven speakers.
It’s also important to decide whether you’ll include ceiling speakers in the mix. To use height speakers effectively, you need a relatively low ceiling that can make the sound bounce off. The best thing is that there are many options to choose from.
Movies vs. Music
While home theater systems are primarily for watching movies and playing video games, you can still use them to enjoy music. With that in mind, you need to determine whether you’ll use it for both music and movies. Although it won’t sound as good as a hi-fi system, you’ll still enjoy great audio.
Sound quality is definitely an important factor to consider when looking for the best wireless home theater systems. Therefore, it’s important to consider the rated output power, frequency response, and signal-to-noise ratio among others. Besides choosing a flat frequency response, you’ll want to ensure your output power and RMS are as high as possible.
If you are looking for great bass, then you need a solid subwoofer. It’s pointless to watch a movie without feeling the real action. Unlike receivers, which you’ll purchase differently, subwoofers usually come with the systems. But if you intend to boost your sound quality, you’ll want to invest in a separate subwoofer.
Type of Wireless Connection
When it comes to the type of wireless connection, you can choose between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi offers a greater range and better sound quality, but it’s a bit hard to install. Bluetooth is easier to install and more compatible. Its only downside is that the audio is compressed.
Surround Sound Software
Before you buy a home theater package, it’s important to consider the surround sound you plan on listening to. Since this doesn’t just happen, you need to invest in software called codec to decode the incoming audio signal and channel it to the right speakers.
To set up your home theater system, you need certain accessories. Unfortunately, some of them are very expensive. But since they will make your life a lot easier, it’s essential to factor them in during your search. From speaker stands to speaker cabling, there are various accessories you need to get the best experience.
What To Know Before Buying the Best Wireless Home Theater System
Compared to the traditional wired setup where you need an AV receiver to supply power, if you decide to go wireless, you are not going to need it. There are also two types of wireless home theater systems namely the All-in-one home theater systems and the Soundbar system.
While the all-in-one home theater system features an amplifier, a complete set of speakers, and a subwoofer, the Soundbar systems have all the speakers built in a single, stylish and compact unit. It’s also important to know that the lifespan of a wireless home theater can vary greatly based on use conditions, initial quality, and storage. Most of these speakers are fairly durable, but the wired versions can last for decades.
Finally, it’s worth noting that you will pay much more for a wireless home theater compared to the wired version. That said, the best wireless home theater system offers easier installation, and great sound and allows you to install extra speakers in locations that you would otherwise not.
Using The Best Wireless Home Theater: What It’s Like
If you are used to wired home theater systems, you’ll realize that the best wireless systems are quite convenient. The biggest benefit of using a wireless home theater system is eliminating the need for wires. This way you can maximize your entertainment without having to sacrifice your style or go through a thorough installation. The only wire you need is the one connecting your speaker to its power supply.
Last update on 2023-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API