- The UGreen 65 W is our best overall choice for USB-C chargers with a good amount of wattage, multiple ports, a slender frame, and a decent price.
- The Anker 736 100 W features one of the strongest USB-A ports on the market. You can expect to charge your phone faster than most multi-port chargers, with a max wattage of 22.5 W.
- The Anker Nano II 65 W weighs just four ounces and is smaller than a two-inch square. It credits its incredibly slender frame to its GaN semiconductor, the most advanced in the industry.
Since their release in 2016, USB-C chargers have changed how we power our devices. They have a wide range of wattage and incredible power diversification, all at a reasonable price. However, with over a dozen models on the market, it might be tricky to pick the right one. We’ve reviewed the best USB-C chargers for Windows laptops and here are the top five, in our opinion.
- Best Overall: UGreen 65 W
- Best for Performance: Anker 736 100 W
- Best for Budget: Amazon Basics 65 W
- Best for Multiple Ports: UGreen 200 W
- Best for Travel:
Best USB-C Chargers for Windows Laptops: Side by Side Comparison
|UGreen 65 W
|Anker 736 100 W
|Amazon Basics 65 W
|UGreen 200 W
|Anker Nano II 65 W
|65 W max
|100 W max
|65 W max
|200 W max
|65 W max
|2 USB-C,1 USB-A
|2 USB-C, 1 USB-A
|4 USB-C2 USB-A
|2.6 x 1.6 x 1.2 in
|2.6 x 2.2 x 1.2 in
|3.2 x 2.6 x 1.2 in
|4.0 x 4.0 x 1.3 in
|1.7 x 1.7 x 1.4 in
Best Overall: UGreen 65 W
- HEAR SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY AND POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched discrete recessed speakers that elevate the sound quality, DELIVERING DEPTH OF MUSIC AND CLEAR, CRISP...
- Pair with our RTI Series speakers for seamless imaging or ADD TO YOUR EXISTING HOME THEATER SYSTEM or build your own Polk collection, and enjoy the SAME GREAT POLK SURROUND SOUND EVERYWHERE
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features 6.5" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 0.75" swivel-mount tweeter for added depth & detail. Mineral-filled polymer cone & strong composite driver...
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM, KITCHEN, SAUNA AND COVERED PORCH
- OUT OF THE BOX AND RECESSED INTO THE WALL – Quickly and easily install these speakers in three simple steps. Features a paintable aluminum grille that comes in a powder-coated white shade; leave it...
It’s unquestionable that the UGreen 65 W is one of the best USB-C chargers for Windows laptops. This device has it all: a good amount of wattage, multiple ports, a slender frame, and a decent price. A C cable would be a nice addition.
This UGreen model gets away with so much because of its GaN semiconductor. This piece absorbs heat better than traditional silicon, allowing it to produce more power without malfunction. The model has two USB-C ports and a USB-A port, so you can charge your laptop and phone at up to 65 watts without burning the device. You can find the UGreen 65 W for about $60.
Check out the UGreen 65 W on Amazon.
Best for Performance: Anker 736 100 W
If you thought our best overall model was good, wait until you see the Anker 736. This device amps up its power, allowing you to take advantage of its multiple ports. The Anker 736 costs $85, which may feel slightly more, but it does the job.
With Anker’s exclusive charging technology, this model features one of the strongest USB-A ports on the market. You can expect to charge your phone faster than most multi-port chargers, with a max wattage of 22.5 W. All this is crammed in one of the smallest frames for a charger of this category, coming in at about 2 and a half inches square.
Check out the Anker 736 100 W on Amazon.
Best for Budget: Amazon Basics 65 W
Surprised to see an Amazon product here? You shouldn’t. A 65-watt USB-C charger, the Amazon Basics 65 W is USB-IF certified. That’s another way to say the charger is unaffiliated and was tested by a non-profit. You get yours for under $20. So, how does it do it?
First, the Amazon Basics USB-C charger doesn’t use the new GaN semiconductor material. This makes it somewhat larger than other models in this category. It’s actually bigger than the Anker 736. Our only concern is that the charger has a single USB-C port, so there are no multi-charging capabilities. If you’re simply looking for an affordable charger for your computer, this one works great.
Best for Multiple Ports: UGreen 200 W
- High speed charging: Fully charge a 16in MacBook Pro in 1,5 hours, with the latest GaN chip, get a charge 3 times faster than your original iPhone charger
- 6 Ports, all Your devices: Bring efficiency and organization to any desktop, supplies up to 200W of power, charging 3 MacBooks, 2 mobile phones, and AirPods simultaneously
- Improved safety: Advanced GaN and SiC chips provide improved heat dissipation, the ThermalGuard system takes temperature readings every 0,5 seconds protecting devices from overheating
- Wide compatibility: for MacBook series, Dell XPS series, iPhone 14 13 12 series, Galaxy S23 S21 series, iPad, Steam Deck, not support Samsung 45w super fast charging
- Efficient energy use: Innovative hybrid power solutions increase power conversion rates to 95%, providing industry leading efficiency and reducing wasted energy
If having multiple ports is essential for you, there’s no better USB-C charger than the UGreen 200 W. Yeah, this is a beast of a charger and pretty expensive to match. But that’s why it’s our pick for this category, its total wattage notwithstanding.
An important aspect of multi-port chargers is their wattage distribution. When you plug in multiple devices, the charger has to split up its max wattage. That’s fine when you’re charging two devices, but what if you’re charging more? Suddenly, the diversified wattage gets small, and your big devices don’t charge as fast.
The remedy? Pack in nearly 200 maximum watts. UGreen comes with four USB-C and two USB-A ports, so you can use this device to charge your and your entire team’s devices simultaneously. As a desktop piece, however, it’s not as portable as other models on this list.
Check out the UGreen 200 W on Amazon.
Best for Travel: [Amazon link=”B08T5QN2TR” title=”Anker Nano II 65 W”]
If you spend a lot of your days in different places, it’s likely the previous model won’t cut it. You’ll want to check out the [Amazon link=”B08T5QN2TR” title=”Anker Nano II 65 W”], one of the best USB-C chargers for windows laptops when traveling. It comes with a good amount of wattage for one of the smallest models on the market, backed by Anker’s incredible reputation.
The Nano’s most prominent feature is also its least prominent feature. The device comes in at just four ounces and is smaller than a two-inch square. It credits its incredibly slender frame to its GaN semiconductor, the most advanced in the industry. While it only comes with a single USB-C port, that’s plenty for a quick charge at the airport or bus station. The Anker Nano II has a price of $48.
Check out the [Amazon link=”B08T5QN2TR” title=”Anker Nano II 65 W”] on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best USB-C Charger for Windows Laptops: Step by Step
When choosing the right USB-C charger for your Windows laptop, there are three main considerations.
- Available ports
Let’s review each one in more detail.
You might look at different chargers and think that more wattage is better. While it is true that some computers charge quicker with more wattage, that isn’t the case for all computers. You’ll want to check the laptop model to ensure you get the right wattage for your Windows device.
Once your know the device’s power rating, you can try to match it accordingly. If you’d like to charge multiple devices, you’ll want to consider their wattage. More power is fine, but the more excess you have, the less value.
Next, think about how many ports you need. Knowing how many devices you plan on charging and how the charger distributes power is crucial. The more devices connected to the charger, the less power each device receives. In some cases, a 100 W charger split up four-way will only send 30 or so watts to your computer.
The price of USB-C chargers doesn’t vary much, and you’ll pay for what you get. The main price difference comes with the number of watts and ports but will rarely go over $100 (unless you get a hub like the UGreen 200 W). If budget is a concern, prioritize wattage before considering ports to keep the price under control.
What to Know Before Buying a USB-C Charger for Windows Laptops
Before you buy a USB-C charger from a third party, it’s important to know how they affect the warranty on your device. If your device malfunctions due to a faulty charger, it can void coverage. Check for USB-IF certification when shopping for one of these chargers. An unaffiliated and non-profit organization tests every model, ensuring customers get a quality product that won’t mess up their devices.
While searching for the USB-IF certification, you might notice a GaN abbreviation. This refers to the gallium nitride material that makes up the semiconductor inside the charger. It’s a new material that resists heat much better than silicon, allowing it to transfer more electricity without failure. Products with GaN semiconductors are typically much smaller than older models but more trustworthy.
Using a USB-C Charger for Windows Laptops: What It’s Like
When testing these chargers with Windows laptops, many users considered wattage, ports, and ease of use. They tested multiple Windows brands, including HP, Lenovo, and Dell models. Each of the charging blocks on our list performed great when charging most laptops. However, they felt the Anker Nano II was lacking when charging a laptop and a smartphone as it has only one port. The Anker performed phenomenally, but its size and cost didn’t justify a better position than the UGreen 65 W. The 200 W felt a little overkill until two laptops, and two phones were plugged in, allowing all of them to receive full power.
For more technology recommendations, check out the articles below.
- The Best USB-C Hubs for Your MacBook Pro
- USB-A vs USB-C: Full Comparison
- Thunderbolt vs USB-C: Full Comparison
- The 7 Absolute Best Fighting Games for the PlayStation One — Ready to get down and dirty? Check out these top 7 all-time best fighting games for PlayStation One.
- Discover 5 Everyday Inventions We Have NASA to Thank For — NASA has influenced our every day lives in more ways that one. Join us as we look at some everyday inventions that came from NASA.
- How Long Does It Take to Mine One Bitcoin? — Bitcoin is all the rage in the investing world. So how long does it take to actually purchase and own a Bitcoin?
The image featured at the top of this post is ©FellowNeko/Shutterstock.com.
Last update on 2024-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API