- Hosted by Jennifer Strong, In Machines We Trust was first launched in 2020 and involves interviews with AI experts on just how this new technology can change our lives.
- Hosted by Sam Charrington, an expert in the field, This Week in Machine Learning & AI focuses on the latest developments in AI.
- If you are interested in getting into AI or data science, Data Skeptic hosted by Kyle Polich which examines the varied uses of data, can be an excellent place to begin.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a growing field of study and application that is changing our world, from how we go about our daily lives to how we interact with technology.
It is everywhere, from our smartphones to self-driving cars. But, what exactly does it mean, and how does it work?
If you’re fascinated by AI and want to learn more about it, consider listening to podcasts. They will help you understand everything about artificial intelligence, from its basics to its application. Our experts have rounded up the five best podcasts about artificial intelligence worth listening to.
- The Best Overall: In Machines We Trust Podcast: MIT Technology Review
- The Best for AI Dummies: This Week in Machine Learning & AI
- The Best for Data Professionals: Data Skeptic
- The Best for Extreme Nerds: Talking Machines – Tote Bag Productions
- The Best for AI Newbies and Professional Researchers Alike: Linear Digressions
1. The Best Overall: In Machines We Trust Podcast: MIT Technology Review
Jennifer Strong takes charge of this enigmatic podcast that explores the future of technology and its impact on humanity. She interviews experts from different backgrounds, including academics and industry leaders, to discuss AI ethics, big data, human-machine collaboration, and more.
Since its launch in 2020, the podcast has gained a loyal following of listeners who value its thoughtful discussions and depth of knowledge. It has also maintained a top ranking, charting in more than 70 different countries on the iTunes podcast charts.
It is perfect for anyone interested in learning more about how AI technology can improve lives and change our society.
2. The Best for AI Dummies: This Week in Machine Learning & AI Podcast
This podcast is a fantastic resource for those who want to stay informed about the newest developments in the AI world. It features interviews with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Jeff Gehlhaar, Vice President of Technology at Qualcomm Technologies, and Bill Vass, a VP of Engineering at Amazon Web Services.
Each episode provides an overview of recent innovations in AI technology and their impact on society. This Week in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence is hosted by Sam Charrington; he’s a sought-after industry analyst, speaker, and commentator with deep expertise in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
In each episode, he interviews various experts to discuss the most critical topics in the world of AI and ML. The show is perfect for anyone, from beginners to seasoned professionals.
3. The Best for Data Professionals: Data Skeptic
The Data Skeptic podcast is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn more about data science, AI, and other related fields.
The show features interviews with some of the most prominent names in the data science world, hosted by Kyle Polich. The podcast covers everything from choosing a machine learning model to building a successful career in this field.
Kyle takes the world of data science with skepticism and humor as he looks to provide his listeners with a different take on the world of data. He talks about all things data science, including the perceptions of bad ads, how to use data to detect fraud, and how you can use data science to predict the future. The podcast is a must-listen for anyone interested in learning more about data science and its applications.
4. The Best for Extreme Nerds: Talking Machines – Tote Bag Productions
Talking Machines is a podcast focusing on the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning trends.
It features Katherine Gorman and Neil Lawrence, two industry experts, who provide insightful discussions about the latest developments in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning. It also features interviews with experts from around the world who talk about their research and how you can apply it to real-world problems.
The hosts also answer questions from readers and listeners, making it easy to follow the discussion. These experts are knowledgeable about the subject and provide a good overview of all topics discussed.
The content is always up-to-date and relevant, making this podcast an excellent resource for those who want to keep up with the latest developments in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
5. The Best for AI Newbies and Professional Researchers Alike: Linear Digressions
Although his podcast ended in 2020, Ben Jaffe and Katie Malone’s Linear Digressions is still an excellent resource for anyone interested in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and all related fields.
The podcast covers everything from the basics of AI to the most advanced topics in computer science, making it a great resource for beginners and seasoned professionals. It’s also an excellent source for anyone interested in the history of AI and how it developed over time.
Though the topics in the discussion vary widely, they are generally well-researched, thought out, and easy to follow.
How to Choose the Best Podcast About Artificial Intelligence
When it comes to podcasts about AI, there are a lot of options. However, figuring out what to choose can be daunting.
Here are the top three things to consider when choosing an AI podcast:
Is the host an expert in the field? If not, how do they go about getting information? What sources do they use, and are the sources reliable? The podcast host should be well versed in your topic of interest.
How much time can you allocate per episode? Remember, the length of podcast episodes depends on the topic. Some episodes are only a few minutes long, while others can take an hour.
How often do you want to listen to a podcast? Some podcasts are released once per week, others fortnightly, and others monthly, depending on what the podcast intends to cover. For instance, an AI-related podcast that covers the latest news will likely release weekly episodes.
What to Know Before Choosing a Podcast on Artificial Intelligence
Here are some tips for selecting a podcast that’s right for you:
Know What You Want to Learn About
Do you want to learn about the history of AI? What are the specific aspects that interest you? If you’re new to the field, start with an introductory podcast covering all aspects of AI. If you want to dive into specific topics in detail, choose a more advanced podcast.
Is It Free or Paid Access?
Some podcasts are free, while others have premium versions with additional features, such as exclusive content or additional episodes per week or month. Others come with a few sponsored episodes, which means a company pays them to promote their products.
Our list does not exhaust all the podcasters in the AI field. However, it summarizes the best podcasts from the top minds in the industry. They have great content on topics revolving around the current state of AI, its history, and how it will impact the future.
Interested in delving further into AI, gaming, or investing? These books and podcasts might be just what you need:
- The 10 Best Books About Artificial Intelligence: It’s easily one of the most intriguing topics which has long fascinated mankind. Our top 10 picks on the subject include both fiction and nonfiction titles to delight every bibliophile.
- The 10 Best Books About Gaming: Who are the legends in the sector? How do games come to life? What do consoles look like – from the inside? These titles will provide you with the answers to these and several other questions you and other gaming fans may have.
- The 10 Best Books About Investing: Want to invest but don’t know where to start? These books will unravel the hidden mysteries of finance in a way few others can.