iPhone 12 has undoubtedly retained its class and elegance over the years. With a big 6.1-inch screen and sleek design, iPhone 12 is still popular among Apple users. However, fitting an iPhone 12 in your pocket can be challenging, especially when it’s wearing a thick case. Even if you stuff it in your pocket, you may have difficulty reaching it immediately.
That’s when cardholder cases or wallet cases can help you out. These cases offer a convenient and portable way of carrying your wallet and iPhone in one package.
However, you must choose a quality iPhone 12 cardholder case to benefit from the compactness and accessibility at once. Not only that, but the case’s weight, capacity, and durability also make a huge difference.
After investing a considerable time reviewing different iPhone 12 cardholder cases, here is our ranking for the best ones:
- Best Overall: Apple Leather Wallet with MagSafe
- Best on a Budget: Spigen Slim Armor CS Case
- Best Design: i-Blason Cosmo Wallet Case
- Best for Performance: OtterBox Strada Series Case
- Most Durable: Case-Mate Tough Leather Wallet Folio Case
Best Overall: Apple Leather Wallet with MagSafe
- DOES NOT SUPPORT the "Find My" app
- Stack it on top of a Clear or Silicone Case with MagSafe to create a look that’s unique to you
- The Leather Wallet is shielded so it’s safe for 2-3 credit cards
- Crafted from specially tanned and finished European leather, the wallet features strong built-in magnets that allow it to effortlessly snap into place on the back of your iPhone
- Compatibility: iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini
- California Poppy color
The Apple Leather Wallet with MagSafe is the perfect accessory to carry multiple cards with your iPhone 12. While not precisely a cardholder case or wallet, this pouch is made of European leather for a longer lifespan. You can carry up to 3 cards in this Apple Leather Wallet.
The wallet also has several built-in magnets, which firmly stick the cardholder case on your iPhone 12. If you already have a MagSafe iPhone 12 cardholder case, this pouch will easily stack on it to offer extra card space. Not only that but the wallet is protected, meaning that your cards will remain safe from scratches.
The case comes in various colors, from Baltic Blue to Saddle Brown. So choose one according to your taste and carry your cards with your iPhone in style!
|Built-in MagSafe for perfect adhesiveness
|May not work efficiently with non-MagSafe.
|Not too bulky
Check out the Apple Leather Wallet with MagSafe on Amazon.
Best on a Budget: Spigen Slim Armor CS Case
- Absolute Protection = Dual Layers + Air Cushion Technology
- Exterior card slot holds up to 2 cards
- Shock-absorbing TPU interior + polycarbonate exterior
- Not Compatible with Wireless Charging
- Compatible with iPhone 12 (2020) / Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro (2020)
Spigen is a famous iPhone case manufacturer loved for its affordable prices and super performance. While low price is often assumed as low quality, Spigen proves it wrong with the Spigen Slim Armor CS Case that offers double protection to your iPhone 12.
This iPhone 12 cardholder case has a dual-layer body consisting of a polycarbonate (PC) exterior and a shock-resistant TPU interior. It also has raised bezels and air-cushion technology for extra protection.
The Spigen Slim Armor CS has a separate slot on the back side that slides out for card storage. You can store up to 2 cards in this case. While that’s not much, the case’s strong body and industrial design make it worthwhile.
|Raised bezels for shock absorption
|Dual-layer body with solid exterior and interior
|A little bulky
|Value for money
Check out the Spigen Slim Armor CS Case on Amazon.
Best Design: i-Blason Cosmo Wallet Case
- Display size:6.1 inches. Material:Thermoplastic Polyurethane;Polycarbonate
- Compatible with Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro 6.1 inch Only (2020 Release), NOTE – Compatible with most wireless chargers(remove cards from case before using wireless charging), but NOT work with...
- Built-in card holder lets you conveniently store up to two bank cards, plus loose cash
- Slim, adorable design turns your Phone into a cute, new accessory that you can mix and match with your favorite outfits
- High-quality TPU and polycarbonate materials protect against scrapes, scratches, or bumps
Tired of boring black, white, or blue cases? Go quirky with the i-Blason Cosmo Wallet Case. This case has a gorgeous marble print in purple, pink, and white tones. Combining all these colors creates a mesmerizing design, making this case a good catch in the market.
The i-Blason Cosmo Wallet Case isn’t just about looks. Instead, this iPhone 12 cardholder case also offers all-day protection and a pocket that fits up to 3 cards. Additionally, the case adds just 0.12 inches to your iPhone 12 and is sturdy and flexible simultaneously.
|Easy access to cards
|A slippery feel
|Cards will be visible
|Sturdy and flexible
Check out the i-Blason Cosmo Wallet Case on Amazon.
Best for Performance: OtterBox Strada Series Case
- Compatible with iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro
- Genuine leather folio case (slim, sleek and pocket friendly), with a vertical card slot for cash or a card
- Trusted OtterBox protection: Dual-materials provide maximum protection against drops, bumps, scratches and scrapes
- Easy installation: One-piece case slips on and off in a flash
- Includes OtterBox limited lifetime warranty (see website for details)
Otterbox is a name known to every iPhone user. The brand is famous for its sleek, sophisticated, and durable cases that offer full-proof protection all day long. In fact, the OtterBox Strada Series Case has 3x more drop protection than military-standard cases.
The case flips from the front, allowing you to hold up to 3 cards maximum. The best part? It also features a thumb hole to access the cards whenever you want. The exterior leather gives a great touch feel. However, the volume button emboss might not work smoothly.
|Easy card access
|Volume buttons don’t work smoothly
|Lifetime warranty (limited)
Check out the OtterBox Strada Series Case on Amazon.
Most Durable: Case-Mate Tough Leather Wallet Folio Case
- Display size:6.1 inches. Material:Leather
- Handcrafted genuine leather
- Holds 4 Cards + Cash
- Separate pocket for cash and pocket for ID
- Landscape stand for hands-free viewing
When it comes to functionality, performance, and aesthetics, the Case-Mate Tough Leather Wallet Folio Case leaves every iPhone 12 cardholder case behind. It is made of high-quality leather, giving your phone a compact appearance and a firm grip.
The front leather flip has enough space to hold up to 4 cards. It also has a pocket to stack some cash. The best part is that this case is also compatible with wireless charging. With Case-Mate Tough Leather Wallet Folio, you can enjoy a hands-free viewing experience anytime, anywhere.
|The back of the case is TPU, not leather.
|Textured leather for a firm grip
|Separate space for cards and cash
Check out the Case-Mate Tough Leather Wallet Folio Case on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best iPhone 12 Cardholder Cases: Step by Step
Choosing an iPhone 12 cardholder case isn’t just about finding the one that looks good. Instead, you must consider a few other factors to ensure the best value for your money. When choosing an iPhone 12 cardholder case, there are four primary considerations for most buyers:
Let’s review each one in more detail.
The first thing to consider is the capacity a cardholder case offers. An ideal iPhone 12 cardholder case typically has enough space to carry receipts, cash, and cards in separate compartments. Therefore, we have picked only those wallets with enough capacity for your everyday essentials.
However, remember to opt for a cardholder case with only 4 card capacity. Anything more than that can make your iPhone too bulky.
iPhone 12 cardholder cases without folio covers are usually more durable and offer dual protection for your phone and accessories. They also have more card storage capacity than the other cases, like snap-on ones. But cardholder cases without folio displays can make your phone bulky and more challenging to use with one hand.
If you want a durable cardholder case, find one that fulfills or exceeds military-grade standards. When equipped with a folio display cover, these cases protect your phone from accidents, scratches, and drops.
iPhone 12 cases come in a range of different prices. If you have a limited budget but still want a functional cardholder case, you can opt for any Spigen case without thinking twice. They have the most affordable cases, with prices starting from $12. However, if money is not the problem, you can ignore the price and buy the best quality iPhone 12 cardholder case.
Apple’s MagSafe technology allows consumers to expand their card storage capacity with extra cardholders. So if you have an iPhone 12, you must keep an eye out for the ones that are compatible with this feature.
Remember that iPhone cardholder cases with folio covers come with built-in magnets. Meanwhile, cases without a folio cover are not compatible with MagSafe. However, they may work smoothly with wireless chargers. You’ll just have to empty the case to start charging.
What To Know Before Buying iPhone 12 Cardholder Case
Before buying an iPhone 12 cardholder case, you must ensure that it fits your phone perfectly and doesn’t make it look bulky. A good case shouldn’t add more than 0.2 inches to your phone. Anything above 0.5 inches will add extra weight to your iPhone 12.
The number of cards you fit into your case can also add significantly to your phone’s weight. Typically, 3 to 4 cards look good, but if you go for more than 4, you may compromise your iPhone 12’s fantastic design.
You should also consider the wireless-charging compatibility of the case if you charge your iPhone wirelessly. Look for the MagSafe feature in your iPhone 12 cardholder case.
Using iPhone 12 Cardholder Cases: What it’s Like
Cardholder cases provide not just accessibility and convenience to the user but also offer all-day protection to the phone. While you may come across several cases in the market, your best iPhone 12 cardholder case must be according to your preference, budget, and needs.
For example, if you like cases with separate card and cash sections, purchasing one with a folio might be better than buying one without it. Also, if you prefer charging your iPhone 12 wirelessly, you must ensure that your cardholder case is compatible with wireless charging.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Nadir Keklik/Shutterstock.com.