- WiFi calling is ideal for circumstances under whch the connection is poor or inexistent.
- Although the United States does permit callers to make emergency calls using WiFi certain countries do not.
- In spite of how convenient this feature can be, crowded areas, or locations with connectivity issues can lead to low call quality.
Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to make a call but didn’t have service? Or maybe you were in an area with poor service? Well, there’s a solution for that: Wi-Fi calling. With Wi-Fi calling, you can make calls using your iPhone and the internet. This blog post will show you how to make Wi-Fi calls on an iPhone, along with other details. Let’s get started.
How to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on iPhone
Activating Wi-Fi calling on an iPhone is simple; follow these steps to use Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings.
- Then navigate to Phone and look for the Wi-Fi Calling feature.
- Now you need to toggle the slider located near to Wi-Fi calling option.
- Lastly, hit Enable.
Things to Remember
As per law, almost all mobile carriers will ask for your emergency address (or E911) when activating the Wi-Fi calling on an iPhone. This means that even if you’re in a remote area, emergency services will be able to find you quickly and provide the help you need. So if you’re ever in an emergency, use Wi-Fi to ensure your call gets through.
How to Change Your Emergency Address in an iPhone
Follow this process to change or update your emergency address:
- Go to Settings.
- Then go to Phone and find the Wi-Fi Calls feature.
- Now you can update your emergency address.
- In the appropriate field, enter your complete address with street number, apartment number, city, state, and zip code.
- Lastly, save these settings by hitting the “Save” button.
Overall making Wi-Fi calls from your iPhone is easy. However, if you cannot make Wi-Fi Calls even after following the above-mentioned steps, you need to ensure that your iPhone is updated and your mobile carrier supports this feature. On the other hand, you can also reset your iPhone and try the process again to make Wi-Fi calls.
Wi-Fi calling is an excellent solution to this problem, and the best part is that it’s available on iPhone at no extra cost. Just make sure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you’re good to go. So next time you’re in a dead zone, don’t sweat it – just connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy the wide world of communication.
Can I enable my other devices for Wi-Fi calling?
If you’ve ever felt tethered to your iPhone, there’s good news- you can now make calls using your iPad or Mac. That’s right; you can now make calls from your other devices using just your Wi-Fi connection.
Follow these steps to do so:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Look for the Mobile Data function and go to the Wi-Fi Calling feature.
- Under this tab, you need to find select Calls on your other devices.
- From here, you need to pick the device you want to use for Wi-Fi calling.
However, if you intend to receive calls on any of your devices, you will have to tweak the settings in FaceTime on the device.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings
- Now look for FaceTime.
- Look for Calls from iPhone and enable the switch.
While traveling, it’s always handy to have Wi-Fi calling on your devices – not just iPhones. This feature is useful when you find yourself in a place where your mobile has lost signal. Whether you’re stuck on a train or in the middle of nowhere, as long as you have Wi-Fi, you can still make calls and stay connected.
So next time your journey takes you off the beaten track, ensure you have Wi-Fi calling turned on and avoid any potential headaches.
Wi-Fi Calling is one of those features you hope you never have to use, but it’s nice to know it’s there just in case. And with the iPhone, making a Wi-Fi call is easier than ever. So if you find yourself in an area with spotty cellular service, don’t worry – your calls can still go through.
Make sure you have Wi-Fi Calling enabled on your phone, and you’ll be good to go. Have you tried making Wi-Fi Calls from an iPhone yet? Let us know how it works for you in the comments below.
Interested in companies which have changed the way we communicate with each other, forever? Click on the links below:
- Facebook: Complete Guide — History, Products, Founding, and More: The mere process of creating it very nearly landed Mark Zuckerberg in hot water. Find out the story of one of the most successful forms of social media of all time.
- Skype Guide: History, Origin, and More: Before there was WhatsApp or Telegram, there was Skype. Find out how it all began.
- Google: Complete Guide – History, Products, Founding, and More: Like Amazon, this corporation also started life in a garage before taking over the world. Here’s the story of how it all happened.