Sonos is a company that has gained a lot of popularity in the past few years, and for good reason. The company makes some of the best wireless soundbars available on the market. The Sonos Beam and Arc are both great entry-level smart soundbars offering impressive sound performance for the price.
Both of these sound bars offer exceptional audio output, but which is better?
In this article, we’ll compare these two smart soundbars to help you decide which suits your needs better.
Sonos Arc vs. Beam: A Side-by-Side Comparison
|Sonos Arc||Sonos Beam|
|Year Released||2020||2018 (Gen 1)|
2021 (Gen 2)
|Speaker||Eleven Class-D digital amplifiers, eight custom woofers, and three tweeters||Five Class-D digital amplifiers, four elliptical midwoofers, and one center tweeter|
|Weight||6.25 kg||2.8 kg|
|Size||87 x 1142 x 116 mm||69 x 651 x 100 mm|
|Price||Around $899||Around $399 for Gen 1, around $449 for Gen 2|
|Dolby Atmos?||Yes||No (Gen 1)|
Yes (Gen 2)
Sonos Arc vs. Beam: What’s the Difference?
The Sonos Beam and Arc are both great soundbars for your home theater. But what’s the difference between them?
Here’s a quick rundown of the main differences between the Sonos Beam and Arc.
When it comes to soundbars, size definitely matters. The Sonos Arc and Beam are two of the most popular models on the market, but they vary greatly in terms of size.
The Sonos Arc is much larger than the Beam, measuring 87 x 1142 x 116 mm. The Sonos Beam, on the other hand, is much smaller, measuring just 69 x 651 x 100 mm.
The difference in size between these two soundbars is immediately apparent when you see them side-by-side. The Sonos Arc is nearly twice as long as the Sonos Beam, and it’s also a bit wider and taller. This makes the Sonos Arc a better option for large rooms or for people who want a soundbar that makes a big impact.
However, if you have a smaller space or you’re looking for a soundbar that doesn’t take up too much space, the Sonos Beam is a better choice.
The Sonos Arc is the company’s flagship soundbar. It features Dolby Atmos technology and can be used with an optional subwoofer for even better sound. The Sonos Arc also has an HDMI port, making it easy to connect to your TV.
The Sonos Beam is a more affordable option that doesn’t have Dolby Atmos support. However, the newly released Sonos Beam (gen 2), which costs about an extra $50, supports Dolby Atmos. Even though the first-generation Sonos Beam does not support Dolby Atmos, it still offers great sound quality and comes with an optical input.
Both the Sonos Beam and Arc have built-in Alexa support which allows you to control them with your voice.
When it comes to audio quality, there is a clear difference between the Sonos Arc and Beam.
The Sonos Arc is designed to deliver a truly immersive sound experience, while the Sonos Beam is more focused on delivering clear and accurate audio. The Sonos Arc has eleven Class-D digital amplifiers which help it produce high-quality sound output, compared to Sonos Beam, which has just five Class-D amplifiers.
If you’re looking for a soundbar that will completely transform your home theater setup, then the Sonos Arc is the way to go. Its three-dimensional soundscape creates a truly immersive experience that will make you feel like you’re right in the middle of the action. Whether you’re watching a movie or listening to music, the Sonos Arc will envelop you in rich, detailed sound.
On the other hand, the Sonos Beam is designed to deliver clear and accurate audio, so you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite shows and movies with crystal-clear clarity. And, because it’s smaller than the Sonos Arc, it won’t take up as much space in your living room.
The Sonos Arc has more power and bass, while the Beam has a bit more clarity and detail. If you’re looking for the best possible sound quality, the Sonos Arc is the way to go.
When it comes to soundbars, you generally get what you pay for. The Sonos Beam and the Sonos Arc are no different. The Sonos Beam is Sonos’ more affordable option, while the Sonos Arc is their high-end offering.
Sonos Beam (first generation) can be found for around $399, while the second-generation Sonos Beam is listed around $449. The Sonos Arc on the other hand costs $899.
The Sonos Beam can be found on Amazon here and the Sonos Arc can be found on Amazon here.
- All-new Sonos Arc - Bring all your entertainment to life with the brilliantly realistic sound of Arc, featuring Dolby Atmos. Enjoy control with your TV remote, voice, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2,...
- 3D sound with Dolby Atmos - Experience shows, movies, and games with the precise and immersive sound of Dolby Atmos.
- Tuned to perfection - Enhanced Trueplay tuning technology optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of the room.
- Immerse yourself in the music - Stream music, radio, podcasts, and more from your favorite services with the Sonos app or Apple AirPlay 2 when the TV is off.
- A truly powerful soundbar - Eleven high-performance drivers produce vivid detail and impressive bass.
- Enrich your entertainment experience with vibrant bass, crystal clear dialogue, and a panoramic soundstage.
- Experience a 3D surround sound effect with Dolby Atmos.
- Stream music, radio, podcasts, and audiobooks over WiFi when the TV is off.
- Control with the Sonos app, your TV remote, Apple AirPlay 2, and your voice.
- Effortless setup with only two cables and smart Trueplay tuning.
The Sonos Arc has a sleek, minimalist design that will look great in any home theater setup. It’s available in black or white and has a matte finish.
The Sonos Beam, on the other hand, has a more traditional soundbar design. It’s available in black or grey and has a matte finish. Both soundbars are made with high-quality materials and are built to last.
However, the Sonos Arc is almost 4kg heavier than the Beam and takes up more space. So, if you’re tight on space or looking for a more compact soundbar, the Sonos Beam is the better option.
Both the Sonos Arc and Beam come with Amazon Alexa built-in, so you can use your voice to adjust the volume, change the track, or even turn off the soundbar. They are also compatible with Google Assistant.
Sonos Arc vs. Beam: 7 Must-Know Facts
- Both the Sonos Arc and Beam are great choices for a home theater setup.
- The second-generation Sonos Beam was released in 2021 and it supports Dolby Atmos, unlike the first-generation Sonos Beam.
- Both the Sonos Arc and Sonos Beam are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Hence, they can be controlled with voice commands.
- The Sonos Arc is currently the most expensive soundbar in the Sonos lineup.
- The Sonos Arc has a wider range of sound while the Sonos Beam’s sound is more focused.
- The Sonos Arc has a few more input/output options than the first-generation Sonos Beam.
- The Sonos Arc is larger and more powerful, while the Sonos Beam is more compact and easier to set up.
Sonos Arc vs. Beam: Which is Better for You?
There’s a lot to like about Sonos’ new Arc and Beam soundbars. Both offer great sound quality, easy setup, and plenty of features. But which one is right for you?
If you’re looking for the best possible sound quality, the Sonos Arc is the way to go. It supports Dolby Atmos and offers a wider, more immersive soundstage. Plus, its built-in subwoofer delivers deep, thunderous bass that really brings movies and TV shows to life.
On the other hand, the Sonos Beam is a great choice if you’re looking for an affordable option that doesn’t sacrifice too much in terms of sound quality. It’s smaller and less powerful than the Sonos Arc, but it still sounds great and offers support for Alexa voice control.
So, which one should you choose? If you’re looking for the best possible sound quality, go with the Sonos Arc. But if you’re on a budget, the Beam is a great option. However, we highly recommend the Sonos Arc. It offers an immersive sound experience and is worth the extra cash if you want to enjoy high-quality audio.