If you’re looking for a flash drive, look no further. We found this SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive for 31% off. You’ll save $21 off the $67.99 list price and pay just $46.99.
We don’t know when this deal will end, so check it out on Amazon before it’s gone.
Why Should You Buy a SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB Flash Drive?
Many people have one or more flash drives even if they rely on other data storage methods such as external hard drives or cloud backup services. This is because flash drives are a convenient, portable, lightweight way to store files and transfer them between devices. Other benefits include durability, affordability, and ease of use.
The downsides of flash drives are that they have limited storage capacity compared to some other storage options, are susceptible to wear, and are easily lost or stolen.
SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive
The SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive can, as its name implies, store 256GB of data. (The same model is available in different storage capacities up to 1TB, some of which are also currently on sale.) This storage device is one of the fastest on the market with read speeds up to 420 MB/s and write speeds up to 380MB/s.
While most flash drives are durable, the SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO takes durability to a whole other level with an aluminum casing to protect it from wear and tear. It’s waterproof and dustproof, too.
As we mentioned above, flash drives are susceptible to loss and theft. The SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO includes SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software, which allows you to password protect your files.
Is the SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive Worth It?
We compared the SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive (list price: $67.99) to two similar 256GB flash drives: the Samsung DUO Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Flash Drive ($39.99) and the Kingston DT50 USB 3.2 Flash Drive ($29.99).
- The SanDisk has a backwards compatible USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface, while the Samsung and the Kingston feature a USB 3.2 Gen 1 interface.
- The SanDisk has the fastest read speed at up to 420 MB/s. The Samsung’s read speed is up to 400 MB/s and the Kingston’s is up to 200 MB/s.
- The SanDisk’s write speed is also far faster than the other flash drives in our comparison at 380 MB/s vs. up to 300 MB/s for the Samsung and only up to 100 MB/s for the Kingston.
- From a durability standpoint, there’s no contest. The SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive features an aluminum casing, while the other two devices have plastic casings.
- The SanDisk flash drive is the only flash drive in our lineup that features security (SanDisk SecureAccess software).
- All three flash drives include a five-year warranty.
The SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive is the clear winner across the board: interface, read/write speed, durability, and security. The only drawback is its list price, which is significantly higher than the Samsung DUO Plus and the Kingston DT50. However, at its current sale price or $46.99, the SanDisk flash drive is only $7.00 more than the Samsung Duo Plus. Since the SanDisk flash drive is a superior product, we think that it’s worth the difference in price.
You can check out the SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive on Amazon.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©MrIncredible/Shutterstock.com.