Are you in the market for a new gaming laptop? Consider the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 and the RTX 3090 Ti. These two cards are similar, so deciding which one to go with can be difficult. It’s critical to compare the RTX 3090 vs. 3090 Ti to help you make an informed decision. In addition, it’s even more important to understand their specs and performance before making your final purchasing decision.
The RTX 3090 and the 3090 Ti are two of the most powerful graphics cards today, offering unmatched performance levels for gamers and content creators alike. Both cards offer a wide range of features and capabilities, from 8K resolution support to Ray-Tracing and Variable Rate Shading.
The RTX 3090 has 24GB of GDDR6X memory, while the 3090 Ti also offers an impressive 24GB of GDDR6X. Both cards are built on Nvidia’s Ampere architecture and use Samsung’s 8N process for better power efficiency and performance.
In terms of ports, the 3090 Ti has a DisplayPort 1.4b, an HDMI 2.1, a VirtualLink port, and three USB-C ports, while the RTX3090 offers one DisplayPort 1.4b and one HDMI 2.1 port, as well as three USB-C ports. With this information, this comparison will help you choose the best card that fits your needs.
RTX 3090 vs. 3090 Ti: Side-by-Side Comparison
|RTX 3090||RTX3090 Ti|
|What it is||The NVIDIA RTX 3090 is the most powerful graphics card in the GeForce RTX series, offering unparalleled gaming and professional applications performance||The RTX 3090 Ti is an advanced gaming graphics card from NVIDIA that features the latest generation of RTX technology|
|Features||Advanced RT Core, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors to power ray tracing, AI workloads, and more||24GB of GDDR6X VRAM, real-time ray tracing, and AI-enhanced graphics|
|Ports||HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a (3x)||DisplayPort, HDMI|
RTX 3090 vs. 3090 Ti: What’s the Difference?
When it comes to video cards, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest models on the market. The RTX 3090 and 3090 Ti are two of the newest cards available, offering several advantages compared to older models. In this section, we’ll look at the key differences between these two cards to help you make an informed decision when shopping for a new graphics card.
Performance is the first difference between the RTX 3090 and the 3090 Ti. The 3090 is powered by Nvidia’s Ampere architecture and features 10,496 CUDA cores. It has 24GB of GDDR6X VRAM and can handle up to 78 teraflops of computing power.
The 3090 Ti has slightly more power with 10752 CUDA cores, 24GB of GDDR6X VRAM, and can handle up to 78 RT-TFLOPs of computing power. This makes the 3090 Ti slightly more powerful than the 3090 in raw performance.
Their memory is also significantly different. The 3090 has 24GB of GDDR6X VRAM, while the 3090 Ti has 24GB of GDDR6X VRAM with a bandwidth of 1,008 GB/s. The 3090 Ti can handle larger tasks better due to its higher memory capacity.
There’s a price difference between the RTX 3090 and the 3090 Ti. The 3090 has a starting MSRP of $1,379.99, while the 3090 Ti retails for around $1,839.00. This makes the 3090 Ti about 33% more expensive than the 3090.
RTX 3090 has a power consumption range of 355 to 365 350W, while the 3090 Ti has a power consumption of 450 to 480W. This makes the RTX 3090 Ti more power-hungry than the RTX3090 and requires a higher wattage power supply. The difference in power consumption is due to the difference in performance and memory.
- 24GB of G6X memory
- 2.4 GHz GPU clock speed
- Powered by Ampere—NVIDIA's 2nd gen RTX architecture
- Enhanced Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and new streaming multiprocessors
The boost clock speed is a card’s maximum frequency when under load. The RTX 3090 has a boost clock speed of 1.70 GHz, while the 3090 Ti has a boost clock of 1.86 GHz. This makes the 3090 Ti slightly faster than the 3090 when it comes to higher-performance tasks.
The RTX 3090 and the RTX 3090 Ti are two of the most powerful graphics cards on the market. Their biggest differences are performance, memory, power consumption, and price. Before making a purchase, make sure to consider these differences so that you can make an informed purchase decision.
RTX 3090 vs 3090 Ti: 5 Must-Know Facts
- The RTX 3090 costs almost double the price of the RTX 3090 Ti, making it one of the most expensive GPUs on the market. For gamers looking for the ultimate performance, this added cost may be worth it, but the 3090 Ti may be a better choice for those on a budget.
- The RTX 3090 offers an incredible performance increase compared to the 3090 Ti, with an up to 50% improvement in frame rate and up to 32GB of dedicated GDDR6X memory. This makes the RTX 3090 a great choice for maximum gaming performance.
- Both cards are compatible with many motherboards and CPUs, but the RTX 3090 is only compatible with the latest Intel Z490 motherboards. This may be a deciding factor for users looking to upgrade their systems for compatibility reasons.
- The RTX 3090 produces more heat than its predecessor, making it important for users to have a well-ventilated case or a good cooling system. The extra heat output may make overclocking more difficult, so users should consider this before buying.
- Both cards have similar design elements, such as the NVLink bridge and Tensor Cores, but the RTX 3090 is larger and heavier than its predecessor. This makes installing it more difficult and may require upgrading to a larger case to fit the card.
RTX 3090 vs. 3090 Ti: Which One Is Better? Which One Should You Use?
The Nvidia RTX 3090 and 3090 Ti are top-of-the-line options when deciding which GPU to purchase. But which one is better for you? Let’s compare their specs to determine the best choice for your specific needs.
The RTX 3090 offers 24GB of GDDR6X VRAM, with a maximum memory bandwidth of 936 GB/s. It also has 10496 CUDA cores and an impressive ray tracing performance. On the other hand, the 3090 Ti offers slightly more power with a whopping 24 GB of GDDR6X VRAM, 10752 CUDA cores, and supports ray tracing, bringing its performance to 56%.
When it comes to raw power, the 3090 Ti is definitely the better option. However, if you don’t need the extra processing power or don’t need the extra RAM, then the RTX 3090 might be a better choice for you. It’s also worth noting that the RTX 3090 Ti is significantly more expensive than the RTX 3090.
At the end of the day, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer when deciding between the RTX 3090 and 3090 Ti. You should consider your individual needs and budget to determine which GPU is best for you.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Aleksfoto/Shutterstock.com.