- The Reddit community has curated a list of the 10 best 3D printers that have captured the imagination and approval of its vast user base.
- The Creality Ender 3 Pro is Reddit’s top pick for its combination of affordability, reliability, and high print quality.
- The Anycubic Kobra Neo is a cost-effective option that offers affordability without compromising performance.
- The Creality Ender 5 Plus is recommended for its large print volume and enhanced stability with a dual Y-axis.
- The Prusa Mini is a compact option that offers efficiency and adaptability, backed by a dynamic community.
3D printing, once a concept confined to the realms of science fiction, has firmly entrenched itself in today’s technological landscape. As a beacon of innovation, the dynamic and knowledgeable Reddit community frequently dives deep into the intricacies of this technology. Known for their meticulous analysis, enthusiastic debates, and collective wisdom, Redditors have made it their mission to spotlight the leaders in this field. Drawing from myriad discussions, testimonials, and a barrage of upvotes, we present to you a curated list of the 10 best 3D printers that have captured the imagination and approval of Reddit’s vast user base.
Reddit’s Recommended 3D Printers
The collective voice of Reddit, renowned for its discerning taste and technical acumen, rarely goes unnoticed in the tech sphere. In the dynamic realm of 3D printing, Reddit’s hive mind has been instrumental in identifying top-performing machines that consistently deliver, both in terms of quality and user-friendliness. From budget-friendly workhorses to sophisticated marvels of engineering, the printers on this list have stood the test of user scrutiny, rigorous experimentation, and endless print cycles.
Best Overall: Creality Ender 3 Pro
- Easy to remove the printing models after cooling
- Comes with a branded power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges that can heat the hotbed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes
- Can perform resume printing starting from the previously recorded extruder's position should it suffer from an unexpected power outage
- Comes partially assembled
The Creality Ender 3 Pro stands out in this 3Dprinting thread in the 3D printing world. Both novices and seasoned enthusiasts value its combination of affordability, reliability, and high print quality. It doesn’t merely coast on its reputation either; the printer is laden with features. The magnetic build surface ensures easy removal of prints, while its power recovery function ensures uninterrupted printing even after power failures. This model embodies a balance of performance and value, solidifying its place as a preferred choice for many in the 3D printing community.
Best Cost-Effective Option: Anycubic Kobra Neo
- Max print size: 8.7*8.7*9.84 inches
- Easy setup, with 90% of the work already completed, taking as little as 10 minutes
- Features a PEI printing platform (spring steel) for easy print removal
- Supports auto leveling
The Anycubic Kobra Neo strikes an impressive balance between cost and capability. Boasting a robust design complemented by an intuitive user interface, it stands out as a preferred choice for novices embarking on 3D printing endeavors. Additionally, seasoned users looking for an economical yet reliable printer often gravitate toward the Kobra Neo. Its reputation is built on the foundation of affordability without compromising performance.
Best for Large Print Volumes: Creality Ender 5 Plus
- Prints up to 250mm per second
- Features a nozzle that heats up to 300 degrees Celsius
- Available printing materials: ABS, PETG, TPU, PLA...
- Features smart sensors and auto-leveling
- 4.3-inch touchscreen
Creality’s Ender 5 Plus is a notable advancement from the Ender 3 lineup. It boasts a significantly larger print volume, enabling creators to produce more extensive and more ambitious projects. One of its standout features is the dual Y-axis, which ensures enhanced stability, drastically reducing print errors. Additionally, navigating through print settings is now more intuitive than ever with its responsive touchscreen interface. These upgrades not only make 3D printing more accessible to novices but also enhance the output quality, making the Ender 5 Plus a preferred choice for those desiring detailed, intricate prints.
Best Compact Option: Prusa Mini
The Prusa Mini, as discussed by Redditor madredditscientist, is a compact counterpart to its larger siblings, but its size doesn’t mean it sacrifices quality. As an open-source 3D printer, it is backed by a dynamic community. This collaboration ensures users constantly receive the latest updates and modifications. This petite powerhouse stands out not just for its efficiency but also its adaptability, thanks to the ever-evolving improvements from its dedicated user base. Its design philosophy merges convenience with performance, making it an excellent choice for both beginners and seasoned 3D printing enthusiasts.
Best for Resin 3D Printing: Anycubic Photon M3
- Max print size: 13*11.7*6.5 inches
- Supports 7K resolution on its 13.6-inch LCD screen
- Can print as fast as 60mm per hour
- Features automatic resin feeding
The Anycubic Photon M3 is a top choice for enthusiasts exploring resin 3D printing. Renowned for its ability to produce high-resolution prints, the Photon M3 ensures that every detail is crisply captured. Its user-friendly setup process means that even beginners can get started without a steep learning curve. Specifically, those passionate about creating intricate models and miniature pieces will find this printer a game-changer. The quality and precision it offers are unmatched, making it an essential tool for professionals and hobbyists alike. In the resin printing realm, the Photon M3 truly makes its mark.
Best for Speed: Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro
- Max print size: 8.85*8.85*11 inches
- Supports automatic printer bed leveling
- Near silent noise level (47 to 48dB)
- Features a Direct Dual-Gear extruder
The Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro is a standout in the world of 3D printing, as discussed in this thread by No-Algae-4612. Prioritizing both speed and detail, this model ensures quality outputs in less time. Notably, its silent motor drivers ensure operations without noise disturbances, a significant advantage in shared or quiet spaces. Coupled with a user-friendly touchscreen interface, users can navigate settings and commands with ease. All these attributes culminate in an efficient, quiet, and intuitive printing journey, making the Neptune 3 Pro an excellent choice for both novices and seasoned 3D printing enthusiasts.
Best for Stability: Creality Ender 3 V2
- Features a Carborundum Glass printer bed
- Max print size: 220*220*250mm
- A completely metal frame provides excellent durability
- Includes a Meanwell brand power supply
The Creality Ender 3 V2, an advanced successor to the Ender 3 Pro, introduces various commendable improvements. With an emphasis on enhanced stability, it promises fewer disruptions during print jobs. One of its standout features is its quieter operation, reducing noise disturbances, especially in home environments. Additionally, the user interface has undergone a transformation, making it more user-friendly and streamlined for beginners and experienced users alike. Despite these advancements, what remains consistent is its excellent value proposition, solidifying its reputation as a preferred choice for many in the 3D printing community.
Best for Precision: Elegoo Saturn 2
- 10-inch 8K mono LCD screen with an HD resolution of 7680 x 4320
- Cure time of 1-3s per layer
- Build volume of 219 x123 x 250 mm³/ 8.62 x 4.84 x 9.84 in³
- Fresnel collimating light source
- Filtration system with an activated carbon filter (absorbs most of the resin odor)
The Elegoo Saturn 2 stands out prominently among resin printers. It is celebrated not just for its expansive print volume but also for its impeccable precision in detailing. For enthusiasts and professionals venturing into the realm of intricate model printing, the Saturn 2 emerges as an unparalleled choice. Its reputation in the 3D printing community is a testament to its performance capabilities and reliability. If detail and scale are on your checklist, the Elegoo Saturn 2 should undoubtedly be a consideration.
Best Affordable Option: Kingroon KP3S
- Max print size: 7.08*7.08*7.08 inches
- Easy setup as the printer comes practically fully assembled
- Features a Titan Extruder
- Allows you to resume prints that had to pause due to power outages or other issues
The Kingroon KP3S, as presented in this thread by SOUND_WAVE_, offers a balance between affordability and efficiency, making it a standout choice for budget-conscious individuals seeking dependable quality. Often recommended in 3D printing communities, it stands out not just for its cost-effectiveness but also for its user-friendly features. With its rapid heating capability, users don’t have to wait long before initiating their printing tasks. Moreover, its straightforward assembly process ensures that even beginners can set it up with ease, making the KP3S a favorite among hobbyists and novice users alike. This combination of price and performance defines its popularity in the market.
Best for All Skill Levels: Anycubic Mega-S
The Anycubic Mega-S concludes our list. This 3D printer boasts a user-friendly touchscreen interface, a reliable filament sensor, and remarkable stability, ensuring precision in prints. Whether you’re a newcomer to the world of 3D printing or a seasoned expert, the Mega-S caters to varied expertise levels. Its features are thoughtfully designed to make 3D printing efficient and enjoyable for all.
In the vast realm of 3D printing, the best devices are often discovered through collective user experiences and insights. The passionate Reddit 3D printing community has consistently identified top printers, presenting a clear path for novices and experts alike. Whether you’re stepping into the world of 3D printing for the first time or seeking to upgrade your setup, these Reddit-approved 3D printers offer reliability, precision, and excellent value for money. Dive into the future of manufacturing and design with confidence, armed with recommendations from a trusted and well-informed community.
|Creality Ender 3 Pro
|Anycubic Kobra Neo
|Best Cost-Effective Option
|Creality Ender 5 Plus
|Best for Large Print Volumes
|Best Compact Option
|Anycubic Photon M3
|Best for Resin 3D Printing
|Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro
|Best for Speed
|Creality Ender 3 V2
|Best for Stability
|Elegoo Saturn 2
|Best for Precision
|Best Affordable Option
|Best for All Skill Levels
The image featured at the top of this post is ©asharkyu/Shutterstock.com.