In the ever-changing landscape of smartwatches, Apple continues to set the pace. The Apple Watch Series 8 is the company’s latest offering, aiming to reinforce Apple’s reputation for crafting top-tier smartwatches.
Although from the outside it may not look too different from previous models, the Series 8 is loaded with under-the-hood enhancements that make it a standout choice.
First released in September 2022, the Apple Watch Series 8 is more than just a gadget for telling time. Starting at a price of $399, it comes packed with upgrades in health monitoring, safety provisions, and long battery life, offering a well-rounded experience designed to improve your life.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at 10 reasons to buy an Apple Watch Series 8.
- Starlight aluminum case and sport band
- Blood oximeter and ECG apps
- Crash detection and fall detection can connect you with emergency services
- Heart monitor and sleep tracker
- Fitness and activity trackers
- Stream music and podcasts
- Always On retina display
A Brief History of the Apple Watch
Initially launched in 2015, the Apple Watch has come a long way from its early days as a fashionable tech piece primarily serving as a wrist-worn notification center. Apple has consistently fine-tuned the device over the years, shifting its focus towards health and wellness applications like sleep analysis, cardiac monitoring, and quick emergency responses.
The Apple Watch Series 7 marked a pivotal moment in the product line, featuring a more fluid design and slimmer bezels, making it both more aesthetically pleasing and functional. The Series 8 builds on this momentum with key internal advancements, such as a skin temperature gauge, an energy-efficient mode, and an innovative crash detection system.
These additions elevate the Series 8 from being merely smart to exceptionally intelligent, appealing to both new and seasoned users.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy an Apple Watch Series 8 Today
The Apple Watch Series 8 is no mere iteration; it’s a device that has undergone thoughtful improvements.
Whether it’s enhanced health metrics, prolonged battery life, or the bells and whistles introduced with watchOS 9, there are ample reasons to think about making the switch to this latest model.
Let’s talk about them!
Advanced Health Tracking
The Apple Watch Series 8 sets itself apart with a state-of-the-art health monitoring system. New features like a skin temperature gauge join existing capabilities such as heart rate tracking, ECG, and blood oxygen measurements.
This allows the Series 8 to offer a comprehensive health snapshot, helping you keep tabs on everything from sleep patterns to the impact of stress on your body.
Improved Safety Features
When it comes to your safety, the Apple Watch Series 8 offers some groundbreaking advancements. Building on prior models that included fall detection and SOS emergency calls, the Series 8 debuts a real-time crash detection function. Enhanced motion sensors allow the device to recognize car accidents as they happen.
In such critical moments, it can automatically dial emergency responders and alert designated contacts, offering a new layer of lifesaving support.
Extended Battery Life
Battery life has always been a point of contention with smartwatches, but the Series 8 makes strides here. A much-awaited low-power mode can extend the battery life to a remarkable 36 hours.
Whether you’re out camping or simply forget to charge it overnight, the low-power mode ensures that you still have access to essential features without running out of juice.
Starting at $399, the Apple Watch Series 8 offers a balance between premium features and affordability. For those on a budget, the Apple Watch SE (2022) offers an even cheaper alternative, making Apple’s smartwatch lineup more accessible than ever.
Given the new health and safety features, the Series 8 offers substantial value for its price tag.
- Now up to 20 percent faster
- Comes with enhanced workout metrics
- Available in a range of sizes and colors, with dozens of bands to choose from, and watch faces with complications tailored to whatever you’re into
- Get help when you need it with Crash Detection, Fall Detection, and Emergency SOS.
- Get deep insights into your health, including notifications if you have an irregular rhythm or an unusually high or low heart rate.
- Works seamlessly with your Apple devices and services. Unlock your Mac automatically. Find your devices with a tap. Pay and send money with Apple Pay.
- Requires an iPhone 8 or later with the latest iOS version
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
- Three finishes are available and a redesigned, color-matched back case made with a new production process that reduces its carbon emissions by over 80 percent
- With Midnight Aluminum Case & Midnight Sport Band
watchOS 9 Features
With watchOS 9, the Apple Watch Series 8 brings a raft of new and improved features. The fitness tracking interface has been redesigned to let you create custom workouts, switch between multisport events, and monitor your heart rate zones in real-time.
Moreover, a new Medications app alerts you to take your medicine, adapting to time zone changes and offering potential interaction warnings.
If you’re upgrading from an older model like the Series 5 or 4, the Series 8 will feel like a major design overhaul despite bearing a strong resemblance to the Series 7. The sleek chassis, slim bezels, and larger screen provide a much more engaging user experience.
Those already accustomed to the Series 7 design will appreciate the continuity, while newcomers will enjoy a noticeably more refined aesthetic.
- Midnight aluminum case with sport band
- Track your sleep and your fitness
- Blood oximeter and ECG apps
- Water and dust resistant
- Fall detection
- Listen to music and podcasts
Compatibility and Connectivity
The Apple Watch Series 8 is not just an isolated gadget; it’s part of the broader Apple ecosystem. Compatible with iOS, the smartwatch offers extensive connectivity options.
From Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to U1, and optional cellular support, connecting to other devices or the internet is incredibly seamless.
Lots of Personalization
When it comes to making the device truly your own, the Series 8 doesn’t disappoint. It comes in various colors like Midnight, Starlight, Silver, and (PRODUCT)RED.
Plus, Apple’s wide range of watch bands allows you to swap out styles effortlessly, whether you’re going for a run or heading to a formal event.
Useful for Special Health Conditions
Another plus of the Series 8 is its usefulness for those with special health conditions like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) or for individuals trying to conceive. The skin temperature sensor can offer valuable insights into ovulation cycles and symptom management, helping users make more informed decisions about their health.
Multiple Configuration Options
The Series 8 comes in multiple configurations based on size and cellular capabilities. Whether you opt for a 41mm or 45mm case or decide between GPS and GPS + Cellular versions, you can find a model that best fits your needs and lifestyle.
When choosing a smartwatch, the hardware and software specifications can be just as crucial as the feature set.
Below are the key specifications of the Apple Watch Series 8 that give it the power and versatility to perform its myriad of functions.
- Case Sizes: Available in 41mm and 45mm dimensions
- Material Options: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Titanium
- Display: Always-On Retina LTPO OLED display, with a resolution of up to 484 x 396 pixels for the 45mm model and 352 x 430 pixels for the 41mm model
- Processor: 64-bit dual-core chip for fast and smooth performance
- Battery Life: Up to 36 hours with low power mode enabled
- Water Resistance: Up to 50 meters under ISO standards
- Sensors: Heart rate monitor, Blood Oxygen (SpO2) sensor, Skin Temperature sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and GPS
- Operating System: watchOS 9
- Compatibility: Pairs with iPhone 6s or later and iOS 15 or later
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, and optional Cellular (4G LTE and UMTS)
- Safety Features: Fall Detection, Emergency SOS, and new Crash Detection
- Health Features: ECG, Cycle Tracking, Noise Monitoring, and Sleep Tracking among others
- Storage: 32GB
- Audio: Built-in speaker and microphone for calls and voice commands
- Charging: Comes with a Magnetic Fast Charger and supports wireless charging
In the Box
- Apple Watch Series 8
- Magnetic Fast Charger
- Quick Start Guide
- Optional: Additional watch bands based on the package
Summary: Reasons to Buy the Apple Watch Series 8
|1.||Apple has upgraded to advanced health tracking for a holistic approach to your well-being.|
|2.||There are new and improved safety features, including crash detection.|
|3.||The extended battery life allows for up to 36 hours of usage.|
|4.||Its fairly affordable pricing starts at $399.|
|5.||There are new functionalities through watchOS 9.|
|6.||Design continuity creates an upgraded aesthetic experience.|
|7.||It’s easy to connect your Watch to your devices or the internet.|
|8.||There is a range of personalization options.|
|9.||You’ll receive specialized health tracking for conditions like PCOS.|
|10.||Multiple configuration options let you suit the watch to your needs.|
The Apple Watch Series 8 is more than just a thoughtful evolution of an already robust product line; it’s a comprehensive health and safety companion that enhances your daily life in tangible ways. From specialized health tracking for unique conditions to innovative safety features like crash detection, the Series 8 offers more than mere convenience, providing potentially life-saving benefits at a compelling starting price of $399.
Its extensive feature set doesn’t end with health and safety; the Series 8 seamlessly integrates into the Apple ecosystem, making full use of the new functionalities in watchOS 9.
With its extended battery life and multiple configuration options, this smartwatch is designed to enrich various aspects of your life — from health and fitness to connectivity and safety — making it an essential tool whether you’re a first-time buyer or considering an upgrade.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Twin Design/Shutterstock.com.