- The Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV is cheap but lacks key features and delivers a subpar entertainment experience.
- Ads are built into the Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV’s home page and app store, and cannot be opted out of.
- The TV has a major lag problem when it comes to gaming, making it unsuitable for serious gamers.
- The Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV is outdated and falls short in terms of modern features.
- The TV’s speakers are low-quality, often requiring the purchase of additional speakers.
Are you searching for a quality, affordable TV and want to narrow down your options?
Here’s a list of reasons why the Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV doesn’t belong in your shopping cart (or anyone’s cart, for that matter)!
The Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV is cheap. Notice how we didn’t say inexpensive? That’s because this model may have a lower price tag, but it’s missing key features and delivers a subpar entertainment experience.
It’s 2023 and TVs come at affordable prices, so there’s no excuse for why this budget option doesn’t perform better.
Tons of Ads
Do you love looking at ads? If you want to be constantly bombarded by ads while using your TV, then this could be the perfect option for you!
The unfortunate reality about the Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV is that ads are built into its home page and app store. It’s not possible to opt out of these ads.
Disappointing Gaming Performance
Are you a serious gamer? Maybe you’ve never gamed before but you’re looking to start? Either way, this TV isn’t right for you.
This TV has a major lag problem when it comes to gaming. In a world where both computers and TVs are excellent gaming options, this product falls short. If you’re going to be playing intensive games on your TV, consider opting for one of the choices at the bottom of this article.
The unfortunate reality is that this TV is outdated. You’re better off spending your hard-earned money on a more modern option with upgraded features.
This model by Hisense is stuck in the past and it shows. From inconvenient lags to subpar contrast, there are so many reasons why this TV belongs in the past.
This TV’s speakers aren’t great. In fact, many reviews mentioned that they needed to buy an additional speaker to compensate for this product’s built-in speakers. If you are shopping for a budget-friendly TV, then needing to buy a soundbar or pair of speakers will counteract this product’s low cost.
The Best Alternatives to the Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV
At this point, you probably want to avoid the Hisense ULED U6 TV. But which options are better?
Let’s go over some much better choices!
INSIGNIA 50″ Smart Fire TV
- DTS Studio Sound
- No need for a separate soundbar
- Supports Bluetooth for easy listening on headphones
- Comes with Alexa pre-installed
- Fire TV gives access to thousands of shows
The INSIGNIA 50″ Smart Fire TV is not only affordable, but it also provides two-speaker playback.
This TV is a great budget-friendly option that offers 2160p resolution. Another great feature of this TV is that it has Alexa voice control, so you can easily navigate around your new TV and sync it with your other devices.
The INSIGNIA 50″ Smart Fire TV has stellar reviews. The fact that this product is enabled with Fire TV means that you’ll have access to a wide variety of entertainment options.
Check out the INSIGNIA 50″ Smart Fire TV on Amazon.
Amazon Fire TV 50″ 4-Series 4K UHD Smart TV
- 4K UHD display
- Stream live TV without cable
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with brighter colors compared to 1080p Full HD
- Adds new Alexa skills, features, smart home capabilities, and voice functionality all the time
- 4 HDMI inputs
We love the Amazon Fire TV 50″ Smart TV because it supports 4K Ultra HD and comes in three different sizes.
This TV is equipped with Alexa and allows you to watch live TV even if you don’t have cable. One of the great things about this product is that you can rely on it to deliver an exceptional picture.
Another important thing about this product is that it performs well during gaming, so you won’t have to worry about any lags or incompatibilities. When you purchase this TV, you’ll get a free 6-month subscription to MGM+.
Take a look at the Amazon Fire TV 50″ 4-Series 4K UHD Smart TV on Amazon.
TCL 55″ Class S4 4K LED Smart TV
- Dolby Vision HDR, HDR10, and HLG
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Motion Rate 120 for improved motion clarity and ALLM for lowest latency and lag
- Alexa built-in
- Apple AirPlay compatibility
- With Fire TV
The TCL 55″ Class S4 4K LED Smart TV delivers enhanced contrast and an Auto Game Mode.
This TV has an edge-to-edge glass design that’s modern and elegant. The TCL 55″ Class S4 4K LED Smart TV was designed to provide an exceptional streaming experience, so it’s a great option for comprehensive entertainment needs.
Not only is this an affordable pick, but it also has motion enhancement technology that provides improved motion clarity.
Take a peek at the TCL 55″ Class S4 4K LED Smart TV on Amazon.
Hisense 50″ Class A6 Series Smart Google TV
- 4K ultra-high definition
- Hisense's AI UHD Upscaler
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10
- Game Mode Plus (60Hz panel, variable refresh rate, and auto low latency mode)
- Sports Mode to optimize sports content
With a streamlined design and HDR10, the Hisense 50″ Class A6 Series Smart Google TV is an unforgettable pick that provides great colors.
This product was designed for gaming, as it has a 60Hz panel, variable refresh rate, and an auto-low latency mode. Another unique feature of this TV is that it has a mode specifically for watching sports. This mode makes motion appear smoother and it also adjusts colors, so it’s a great option if you’re a sports fan.
One more thing that’s worth noting about this model is that it has built-in Chromecast. This makes it easy to stream your favorite shows and movies.
Check out the Hisense 50″ Class A6 Series Smart Google TV on Amazon.
Amazon Fire TV 75″ Omni QLED Series 4K UHD Smart TV
- Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes across Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ and more favorite streaming services.
- Hands-free TV support with Alexa built-in so you can turn on the TV and find something to watch all through voice control.
- Adaptive brightness helps the Fire TV automatically adjust to different ambient lighting.
- All-in-one smart home hub for apps, TV and more.
The Amazon Fire TV 75″ Omni QLED Smart TV has built-in microphones, upgraded contrast, and a 4K display.
Although this TV costs more than its competitors, its features and upgrades make it worth the price. For example, this TV supports Dolby Vision IQ, HDR10+ Adaptive, HDR10, and HLG. Another great feature of this model is its adaptive brightness, which ensures that you get a quality viewing experience no matter the environment you’re in.
Did you know that the Amazon Fire TV 75″ Omni QLED Series 4K UHD Smart TV is compatible with Alexa? This means that you can connect your TV with your other devices and make sure that you’re getting the most out of your new purchase.
You can find the Amazon Fire TV 75″ Omni QLED Series 4K UHD Smart TV on Amazon.
|Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 TV Altnernatives
|1. INSIGNIA 50″ Smart Fire TV
|2. Amazon Fire TV 50″ 4-Series 4K UHD Smart TV
|3. TCL 55″ Class S4 4K LED Smart TV
|4. Hisense 50″ Class A6 Series Smart Google TV
|5. Amazon Fire TV 75″ Omni QLED Series 4K UHD Smart TV
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Ismail Sadiron Pictures/Shutterstock.com.