While wireless headphones have their benefits, they don’t usually come cheap. This is especially true if you want a pair with solid sound quality that won’t run out of charge in the middle of a session. In most cases, a good pair of wired headphones do the trick, as they tend to have a more favorable ratio between price and performance. One of our favorite finds this holiday season is the AIRLITE gaming headset from PDP. With 50% off, this makes an affordable deal on Black Friday. [Related: 11 Best Tech Gadgets to Gift Kids in 2023]
- 50% off Black Friday deal (ends 27 Nov)
- Noise-canceling mic and on-ear control
- Compatible with Switch, Switch OLED, and Switch Lite, as well as PC, Mac, and smartphones
- Exclusive Mario Dash Blue color pairs with AIRLITE Switch controller
Why Should You Buy the PDP AIRLITE Headset?
While this headset may not be from one of the big brands, a lot is going on here that helps the AIRLITE hold its own:
- Crisp and clear audio: The 40mm drivers deliver surprisingly immersive sound for the price. Bright highs and booming lows enrich the gaming experience. Noise-canceling technology ensures a distraction-free gaming session where no teammate has to repeat what they’re saying.
- Easy control: When you want to take a break or talk in private, simply flip up the microphone to mute it temporarily. Need to adjust your audio on the fly? Utilize the on-ear cup controls while keeping your head in the game.
- Guaranteed compatibility: Thanks to being officially licensed for Nintendo, the AIRLITE works seamlessly with all Switch models. Not only this, but the headset’s compatible with your smartphone, PC, and Mac.
- Designed for comfort: Don’t let earache get in the way of your gaming. The adjustable headband, premium padding, and breathable cup cushions feel just as good hours later.
- Mario fans rejoice: Inspired by Mario Dash, the classic blue and red combo of the AIRLITE pairs beautifully with the PDP Switch controller, as well as lots of other Mario-themed accessories.
Is the PDP AIRLITE Headset Worth It?
For the huge discount alone, we feel that the Mario Dash model of the AIRLITE headset is easily worth the money. If you already own the Mario Dash Switch controller, completing the set is a no-brainer. The combo will take your Switch session to new heights. However, you might feel like you just can’t go back to a wired setup. Then, investing in a set of wireless headphones may be a better choice for you. But, all in all, the performance of the AIRLITE is superb given its attractive price. As such, it’s a great option for whatever budget. It also never hurts to have an affordable headset in your collection, particularly if you’re looking for a gift for your kids.
Secure the AIRLITE headset from Amazon before the Black Friday weekend is over.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Evgeny Karandaev/Shutterstock.com.