When it comes to upgrading your home entertainment experience, soundbars play an integral role. With so many options available on the market, it can take time to decide. Let’s narrow it down to two popular brands known for high-quality soundbars with impressive features, Klipsch and Sonos.
Klipsch soundbars have earned a reputation for producing superior audio quality, and their products live up to this expectation. Klipsch products boast a powerful, dynamic sound that can fill any room with rich, immersive audio. On the other hand, Sonos soundbars offer versatility by connecting and controlling your music through mobile phones or tablets. Plus, they have an elegant design and compatibility with other Sonos products.
Ultimately, the choice between Klipsch and Sonos comes down to personal preferences and needs. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at both brands and compare their soundbars so you can make an informed decision.
Let’s jump in!
Klipsch vs. Sonos Soundbars: Side-by-Side Comparison
|Klipsch Soundbars||Sonos Soundbars|
|Audio Quality||Exceptional audio quality with deep bass and crisp, clear highs||Offers high-quality sound with deep bass and clear treble|
|Connectivity||Comes with multiple connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and HDMI||Offers Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth connectivity|
|Smart Features||Includes voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||Offers voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant|
|Design||Features a sleek and modern design with metal accents||Has a minimalist design with a seamless exterior|
|Additional Features||Offers a wider range of soundbars with different configurations and sizes||Provides a broader range of smart home compatibility and streaming services|
- Built-in Dolby Audio
- 10-inch wireless subwoofer and surround 3 speakers
- Add an additional subwoofer with sub out
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Includes support for Alexa voice commands, AirPlay 2, and more
- 3D sound with Dolby Atmos
- Trueplay tuning technology produces sound optimized for your room's acoustics
- Eleven high performance drivers
Klipsch vs. Sonos Soundbars: What’s the Difference?
Klipsch and Sonos soundbars are two widely-admired brands that often get compared. Their main distinction is their sound quality; Klipsch prioritizes powerful, dynamic audio, while Sonos prioritizes creating a balanced and clear audio experience.
Here are the key differences between Klipsch and Sonos soundbars.
Design and Build Quality
Klipsch soundbars are renowned for their sleek, modern designs that will complement any home entertainment setup. They offer various models in terms of size and shape, so you can pick one that best meets your needs. Klipsch soundbars boast outstanding build quality; most models use premium materials to guarantee longevity. Plus, setting up these soundbars is a breeze since they come complete with all necessary cables and accessories.
Sonos soundbars offer a sleek, minimalist design, making them popular with homeowners who appreciate clean and simple aesthetics. Sonos offers various sizes and shapes of soundbars, so you can pick one that best fits your entertainment space. Made from high-quality materials with outstanding build quality, Sonos soundbars will last for years to come. Setting up your Sonos soundbar is also straightforward, with most models offering an uncomplicated installation process.
Klipsch soundbars are renowned for their superior audio quality, offering crisp and clear sound to enhance your movie or TV viewing experience. Klipsch soundbars are engineered to deliver high-fidelity audio with most models, including built-in subwoofers and advanced processing technologies to get the best sound possible. Also, Klipsch offers various modes that you can adjust according to your preferences, whether watching an action-packed movie or listening to your favorite music.
Sonos soundbars are renowned for their superior audio quality, with most models offering a deep and immersive sound that will transport you into your favorite movies and TV shows. Each model is engineered with advanced processing technologies to guarantee you get the best sound possible; many come equipped with built-in subwoofers to deliver powerful bass. In addition, Sonos offers various customizable modes to get the ideal home entertainment setup experience.
Compatibility and Connectivity
Klipsch soundbars boast a comprehensive selection of connectivity options, making them easy to integrate into your home entertainment system. Most models feature HDMI and Bluetooth connections for connecting to devices like televisions, gaming consoles, or mobile phones. Plus, some Klipsch models are compatible with virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant so that voice commands can be used to control the soundbar’s volume level.
Sonos soundbars are designed to be compatible with a variety of devices, making them an ideal option for homeowners seeking an adaptable audio solution. Offering HDMI, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity that lets you stream music and other audio content from mobile devices or computers, Sonos soundbars also support various virtual assistants. Hence, it’s simple to control your soundbar using voice commands.
- Offers crystal-clear dialogue, vibrant bass, and a full panoramic soundstage.
- Dolby Atmos for 3D sound
- Stream audiobooks, podcasts, radio, and music over WiFi
- Compact smart soundbar for TV and more
- Control the soundbar using Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, your TV remote, and your voice.
Smart Home Integration
Klipsch soundbars are typically designed with something other than smart home integration in mind. Although some models do support virtual assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant, they lack the same level of integration with other smart home devices that other soundbars provide. This may be an issue for homeowners who desire a fully incorporated entertainment system from their soundbar.
Sonos soundbars are engineered with smart home integration in mind, supporting a range of devices such as smart lights, thermostats, and security systems. This means you can manage your entire entertainment setup with just one app or voice command. Plus, Sonos offers home theater bundles, including their soundbar and other compatible smart home components, making creating an integrated entertainment system simple.
User Interface and App
Klipsch soundbars typically provide an uncomplicated user interface that’s easy to navigate. They often come with a remote control for volume adjustment, sound modes, and other settings. However, Klipsch needs to provide a dedicated app for controlling their soundbars from mobile devices, which may be an issue for homeowners who wish to do so from their phones.
Sonos soundbars offer a user-friendly interface that’s straightforward to use. They come with an app that lets you manage all of the settings for both your soundbar and other Sonos devices in your home, and it works on both iOS and Android devices so it’s convenient to manage from a mobile device. Additionally, the Sonos app boasts several advanced features like individual room audio settings adjustment.
Klipsch soundbars offer powerful, immersive audio but do not typically offer true surround sound capabilities. Some models may feature virtual surround sound processing to give the illusion that sounds are coming from all around you. Nonetheless, for homeowners seeking a true surround sound experience, Klipsch soundbars may not be the best fit.
Sonos soundbars offer an immersive audio experience. Many can be paired with additional speakers to create 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound setups. Sonos also has subwoofers and satellite speakers available that can be integrated into your home entertainment system for a comprehensive surround sound setup.
Voice Assistant Support
Klipsch soundbars do provide support for some popular voice assistants, such as Alexa and Google Assistant. However, the level of integration may differ depending on which model you select. Some Klipsch soundbars may offer limited voice control capabilities like volume adjustment or switching between sound modes. However, these may not offer the same level of integration or voice control that other soundbars do.
Sonos soundbars are engineered with voice assistant integration in mind. They’re compatible with a range of voice assistants, including Alexa and Google Assistant, providing advanced control capabilities. You can use your voice to adjust playback volume, search for specific songs or albums, or even combine it with other voice assistant devices like smart speakers to create an entirely integrated system.
Music Streaming Services
Klipsch soundbars offer various music streaming options, such as Bluetooth connectivity for playing music from your mobile device or computer. Some models may even support popular streaming services like Spotify or Pandora. However, the degree of support may differ depending on which model you choose.
Sonos soundbars are designed to work seamlessly with a variety of music streaming services, such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music. You can access and control your streaming service right from the Sonos app, making it simple to search for and play your favorite songs and albums. Furthermore, Sonos offers music bundles that include their soundbar and other smart speakers for an all-inclusive music streaming setup.
- The mountable soundbar for TV, movies, music, and more
- Enjoy crisp dialogue and impressive bass from wall to wall with Playbar. Control it with the Sonos app, your remote, and more
- Whether you mount it on the wall or place it below your TV on a stand or console, Playbar automatically tunes itself for the best possible sound
- Playbar was specially tuned by Oscar winning sound engineers to emphasize the sound of the human voice so you can always follow the story
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over Wi-Fi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together
Klipsch vs. Sonos Soundbars: 11 Must-Know Facts
- Klipsch and Sonos both offer soundbars of exceptional quality.
- Klipsch soundbars are renowned for their dynamic range and power, while Sonos soundbars excel in clarity and balance.
- Klipsch soundbars employ horn-loaded tweeters for detailed and accurate high-frequency sound, while Sonos soundbars utilize Trueplay tuning technology to optimize the sound in any room.
- Klipsch soundbars are compatible with a wide selection of audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Conversely, Sonos soundbars only support certain formats.
- Klipsch soundbars boast an older-style aesthetic, while Sonos offers sleek modern looks.
- Klipsch soundbars feature various connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, HDMI, and optical. On the other hand, Sonos soundbars primarily rely on Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Due to these extra features, Klipsch soundbars tend to be pricier than their Sonos counterparts.
- Klipsch provides a wider selection of soundbar options than Sonos, including those with built-in subwoofers and surround sound capabilities.
- Sonos soundbars can be seamlessly connected with other Sonos speakers for creating a multi-room audio system.
- Klipsch soundbars have a reputation for being more durable and long-lasting than Sonos soundbars.
- Sonos soundbars boast an intuitive app that allows easy control and customization of the sound, while Klipsch offers superior-quality materials.
- 45-inch 3.1 soundbar with 10-inch wireless subwoofer
- 600W peak power
- 5.1 decoding for virtualized surround sound
- Powerful audio performance with deep, theater-like sub-bass and crisp high-end definition
- Clear, powerful sound
- wide soundstage for enhanced drama
- Sonos' App helps with simple setup
- App, Spotify connect, Apple AirPlay 2, and Wi-Fi enabled
Klipsch vs. Sonos Soundbars: Which Brand is Better?
After analyzing both Klipsch and Sonos soundbars closely, it is evident that each brand has its strengths and weaknesses.
The Klipsch soundbar is ideal for those seeking powerful and dynamic audio. Its horn-loaded tweeters and large woofers produce a full and rich sound that other soundbars on the market cannot replicate. Furthermore, its sturdy build makes it an excellent investment for those seeking products that will last years to come.
Conversely, the Sonos soundbar is ideal for those who prioritize ease of use and convenience. The Sonos app enables straightforward setup and control of the soundbar. Its connectivity to other products in the ecosystem makes it ideal for those already owning a Sonos ecosystem in their home. Furthermore, its sleek, modern design will fit in effortlessly with any home decor.
Ultimately, choosing the soundbar to use will come down to personal preferences and needs. Those prioritizing sound quality over all else prefer the Klipsch soundbar, while those seeking an integrated home audio system may find Sonos soundbar the better option.
When choosing a soundbar, it is essential to consider its intended use. The Klipsch soundbar’s powerful sound is preferable if it is primarily utilized for watching movies or TV shows. On the other hand, the Sonos soundbar may be ideal if playing music or as part of the larger home audio system.
Alternatives to Klipsch and Sonos Soundbars
Klipsch and Sonos make high-quality soundbars, but we would be remiss if we didn’t mention some notable alternatives. Bose, which is known for its exceptional sound quality and advanced audio technologies, is perhaps the most recognizable name on the list. Another brand you may want to consider is Yamaha, which offers soundbars with excellent sound reproduction and versatile connectivity options. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, Vizio manufacturers soundbars that provide solid audio performance at a more affordable price point. And don’t forget to check out LG, Sony, and JBL, all of which are reliable contenders in the soundbar market, each with different features and audio profiles.
- 5 Reasons to Buy New Home Theater Speakers Today, and Which Are Best — If your shiny new television isn’t delivering high-quality audio, it may be time to consider buying home theater speakers.
- 6 Reasons to Buy New In-Wall Speakers Today (And Which Are Best) — Will a soundbar give you the surround-sound experience you want for your home theater? Maybe it’s time to consider custom in-wall speakers.
- 7 Reasons to Buy New In-Ceiling Speakers Today (And Which Are Best) — You can get the high-quality surround sound you want without sacrificing an inch of floor or shelf space. How? By installing in-ceiling speakers!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©BobrinSKY/Shutterstock.com.