Jabra is a famous Danish audio equipment manufacturer that gained instant popularity with its Bluetooth headsets. People love this brand for its versatile product line, including the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75. You can easily find inexpensive entry-level equipment for yourself or a high-end one. Not only that, but you can also have earbuds and headphones at different prices and with different features.
The Jabra Evolve2 Buds are the perfect wireless solution for a seamless music experience. These portable and compact earbuds can go with you anywhere you want. With a wireless coverage of 20 meters, they are designed for professional and casual use.
The Jabra Evolve2 75, on the other hand, is a wireless headset with a coverage distance of 30 meters. Both types of audio equipment offer modern features, including noise cancelation, compatibility with Teams, and exceptional sound quality.
So, the question is which Jabra product is best for you. Let’s find out the answer in this detailed Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs Jabra Evolve2 75 comparison.
Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs. Jabra Evolve2 75: Side-by-Side Comparison
|Jabra Evolve2 Buds||Jabra Evolve2 75|
|Product Type||Earbuds||Wireless headset|
|Initial Release||November 2022||October 2021|
|Weight||52 g||197 g|
|Wireless Range||20 meters||30 meters|
|Certifications||Avaya, Cisco, Unify, Microsoft Teams (SKU specific), MFi, Qi, Zoom, Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Amazon Alexa||Cisco, Microsoft Teams, Unify|
|Active Noise Cancellation||Yes||Yes|
|Microphone||3 MEMS mics per bud (Voice, FF, FB)||4 Analog MEMS / 4 Digital MEMS|
|Connectivity||USB-C||USB-A, Bluetooth, USB-C|
|Charge Time||120 min||Up to 160 min|
|Price||From $269||From $360|
Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs. Jabra Evolve2 75: What’s the Difference?
The price is the major difference between Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75. The latter is approximately double the cost of the former. But does it offer more benefits than its counterpart? To understand them better, let’s look at some prominent differences between Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75.
The charging case for the Jabra Evolve2 Buds is black matte. It is compact enough to be put inside narrow spaces like pockets. The case has an indicator light at the front. Looking at the lower left corner, you will see a printed Microsoft Teams certification logo. It shows that the earbuds are ideal for professional office use.
The case has a charging port on the back with a Qi wireless charging certification logo at the bottom. The Jabra Evolve2 Buds are entirely black with a sleek, calm design. The sound cavity of the earbuds is round, allowing them to fit in the ear canal as tightly as possible.
Each bud has a button, represented by a Jabra logo with a hidden status indicator. It shows the connection status of the earbuds. The earbuds also have metal charging contacts on the inner side and “L/R” printed at the top to allow the users to wear them in the correct ear.
- Activate HearThrough
- The plug-and-play USB adapter provides a stable connection and up to 65 ft of wireless range
- Up to 8 hrs of battery life, 33 hrs with the case, and up to 1 hr with a 5-minute fast charge
- IP57 dust and water-resistant
- Seamless collaboration for virtual meetings
The Jabra Evolve2 75 differs from the original Evolve 75 in function and design. The new Evolve2 75 is more elegant, featuring a discrete charging base and a smaller retractable microphone boom.
This wireless headset is lightweight and comfortable to wear for extended periods. It comes with a small pocket for the Bluetooth adapter—the Jabra Link 380—and a USB-C to USB-A cable for direct charging and connection with a computer.
So, when it comes to design, we can call it a tie between the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and the Jabra Evolve2 75 headset. The winner depends on your preference.
Jabra Evolve2 Buds come with Bluetooth 5.2, which offers a fast connection, better compatibility, and an uninterrupted audio experience. Their anti-interference ability provides the users with stable performance even in tricky environments. The same applies to Jabra Evolve2 75.
To use the earbuds, open the charging case and pair them with your device. You can also use the earbuds by plugging a Bluetooth adapter into the USB-A port of your device. This way, you don’t have to install special software or drivers in your device to enjoy seamless audio with the Jabra Evolve2 Buds.
You can also use the adapter to connect the Jabra Evolve2 75 with your device, or pair both via Bluetooth. Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 offer multi-device connectivity, allowing pairing with up to eight devices.
Both products are compatible with PC and Android. So, you can easily switch your devices to enjoy outstanding sound quality on them.
The Jabra Evolve2 earbuds have six microphones, with three on each bud. Meanwhile, the Jabra Evolve2 75 has eight microphones—four digital MEMS and four analogs.
With two extra microphones, the Evolve2 75 offers a more advanced experience than the Evolve2 earbuds. But experts believe that the number of microphones doesn’t define the sound quality an audio device can produce.
The Evolve2 Buds come with Multisensor voice technology that works with Feedback, Feedforward microphones. Not only that, but they also utilize the bone-conducting sensor to generate clear audio from the microphone. So, it’s hard to judge which product wins in this department.
Jabra focuses the most on the battery life of its audio equipment. After all, what is the purpose of investing thousands of dollars in an earphone that doesn’t even last all day? Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 offer exceptional battery life even when the audio noise cancellation (ANC) mode is on.
The earbuds have a battery life of up to 8 hours. Their charging case provides an additional 25 hours, pushing up to 33 hours. They also come with a quick charging feature. With just 5 minutes of charging, you can listen to music for an hour. Impressive! You can charge the Jabra Evolve2 Buds charging case from a QI or wireless charger.
- Feature optimal voice transmission thanks to advanced 8-microphone technology
- Feature extra soft cushions
- Up to 36 hrs of battery life
- Engineered for easier connections, smoother navigation, and seamless interaction with colleagues
On the other hand, the Evolve2 75 offers a battery life of 36 hours and takes only 2 hours and 40 minutes to charge fully. In fact, you can listen to 6 hours of non-stop music by charging your headset for just 15 minutes. This is even better, right?
If you continuously use your Evolve2 75 headset for calls, you may have 24 hours of battery life. You can use any compatible USB charger to recharge the headset again. Its total charging time is up to 16 minutes.
Audio Noise Cancellation (ANC)
The Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 are noise-canceling pieces of audio equipment that offer an immersive experience. The Jabra Evolve2 Buds feature 5-level ANC adjustment, allowing you to modify them according to your desire.
They also have a SafeTone feature supported by PeakStop Technology that prevents sudden loud sounds for your hearing protection. The Jabra Evolve2 Buds also come with the MyFit function that customizes the ANC experience for every user. It assesses every person’s preferences for the fit between their ears and earbuds, as well as the tightness.
The earbuds’ six microphones and bone conduction sensors prevent background noise whenever you enjoy your music or call someone. The Evolve2 75 also has a noise cancellation feature with adjustments and on or off modes.
The Evolve2 75 eliminates background noise to give you a fantastic experience. However, multiple tests showed that you can still hear a few noises with this headset on.
Therefore, it’s again a tie between the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and the Jabra Evolve2 75 when it comes to audio noise cancellation. But remember, having ANC turned on for a prolonged time can consume a lot of the battery.
Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs. Jabra Evolve2 75: The Complete History
The Evolve2 Buds came onto the market in November 2022 as one of the best noise-canceling wireless earphones. Considering the hybrid workplace model, Jabra marketed the earbuds as the best office audio equipment.
The company also has another earbuds line, called Elite, released before Evolve2 Buds. In fact, more products are being continuously added to this product line. Currently, you can get your hands on Elite 4 Active, Elite 7 Active, Elite 3, Elite 5, Elite 7 Pro, and Elite 85T.
The Jabra Evolve2 75 belongs to the latest Evolve2 headset family, standing alongside Evolve2 85, Evolve2 65, and Evolve2 40. The Evolve2 75 was released in October 2021. The company promised a distraction-free experience to anyone working from home or in the office.
Whether attending calls or listening to music, you can rely on the Evolve2 earbuds or headsets to do it correctly. There is a range of options to choose from!
Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs. Jabra Evolve2 75: 5 Must-Know Facts
Let’s make things exciting in this Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs Jabra Evolve2 75 comparison. Below are some interesting facts about the amazing products.
- Jabra claims it used 62,000 ear scans and unique statistical methods to make the Evolve2 Buds fit every ear. It also allows the users to find their best fit from the MyFit feature in the Sound+ App. The Earbuds Evolve2 also have three ear gel sizes.
- Both Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 are designed to be used the entire day! The former gives you 33 hours (with the charging case), and the latter offers you 36 hours of battery life.
- The Evolve2 Buds are waterproof with an IP57 IP rating. This means they’ll resist sweat and rain.
- The Evolve2 Buds and Evolve2 75 have a HearThrough feature that allows you to hear the noise from the surroundings without removing the bud. This way, you can switch between Active Noise Cancellation and HearThrough features.
- You can connect the Jabra Evolve2 Bud and Evolve2 75 to any device you want through the USB Bluetooth Dongle.
Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs. Jabra Evolve2 75: Which One Is Better?
The Jabra Evolve2 Buds and the Jabra Evolve2 75 are some of the best products from the company. They offer similar features, such as ANC adjustment, the HearThrough feature, and MyFit to find your perfect fit.
The Jabra Evolve2 Buds and the Evolve2 75 headset offer exceptional sound quality. The earbuds have six microphones and the headset has eight, but you won’t feel a noticeable difference in the sound quality.
The earbuds have a 6mm micro dynamic driver that is robust enough to offer the tiniest sound details. Meanwhile, the Evolve2 75 has eight independent sensors that detect sounds from the speaker housings and the retractable boom. The result? You enjoy seamless music, unstoppable calls, and uninterrupted business meetings.
The major difference between Jabra Evolve2 Buds vs Jabra Evolve2 75 is the price. So, if budget is your main concern, the Jabra Evolve2 Buds are your winner. Otherwise, you can opt for the Evolve2 75.
Recent Technology Updates for the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75
Since February 2023, there have been technological advances for wireless earbuds and headsets, such as Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75, including:
- Active noise cancellation (ANC): Wireless headphones and earbuds have improved active noise cancelling which makes it easier to hear what audio is playing.
- Longer battery life: Battery life is an important factor when considering any wireless device. Some wireless earbuds and headphones now have a battery life of up to 8 hours.
Possible Technology Advances for the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75
While planned technology advancements have not been announced for the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75, it is likely that you may see some or all of the following in the next six to 18 months:
- Improved active noise cancellation (ANC): The ANC on Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 is already good, but with more advanced algorithms and microphones, we can expect to see further improvements to ANC.
- Longer battery life: The Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 have good battery life, but with more efficient components, we can expect to see improved battery life.
- Water resistance: While Jabra Evolve2 Buds has some water resistance, the Jabra Evolve2 75 do not. We can expect to see improvements to overall water resistance.
- Wireless charging: Currently, the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75 do not have wireless charging. We can expect to see wireless charging capabilities added.
- Touch controls: By adding more sensitive controls and more gestures, we can see further improvement to the touch controls on the Jabra Evolve2 Buds and Jabra Evolve2 75.