Are you struggling to send funds from your Apple Pay to your Cash App account? Well, you can’t directly transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. Instead, you’ll have to use your bank account as an intermediary for making transactions from one platform to another.
Apple Pay is a reliable payment app for iOS devices with many features. You can quickly set it up, add your debit or credit card, and send and receive money. However, despite people’s complaints, Cash App and Apple Pay platforms still don’t allow users to transfer money from either app.
Simply put, you must first link your Apple Pay and Cash App accounts to one bank account. Then, you’ll initiate a payment from your Apple Pay to the bank. Once it’s reached, send the money to your Cash App account. Voila, you have indirectly transferred money from Apple Pay to Cash App. Sounds easy? Let’s start with the practical work with the help of this guide!
Can You Transfer Money From Apple Pay to Cash App?
It’s good to have money saved in two digital wallets, especially when you face rainy days or a financial emergency. You can still use funds from the other account if one runs low on balance. That’s why many people use Apple Pay and Cash side-by-side. Both platforms are excellent for making daily payments and purchases.
If you’re on a similar bandwagon, you may be bummed by the fact that you can’t transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. However, that’s not a dead end. You can still send payments to Cash App from your Apple Pay through a two-way method.
First, you will have to connect both accounts to a single bank account. Then, transfer funds from your Apple Pay Wallet to the bank. Lastly, open Cash App and tap the “Add Cash” button in the Banking tab. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the money to your Cash App account. That’s it!
9 Steps to Send Money From Apple Pay to Cash App
Follow the below steps to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App while avoiding all the hassle.
Step 1: Launch Apple Pay Wallet
Start by opening the Apple Pay Wallet app installed on your iPhone by default. If you’re following this process on your iPad, head to the Settings app and tap “Wallet & Apple Pay” to access your Wallet account. Once opened, select your Apple Cash card.
Step 2: Open More Options
On your iPhone, look for three horizontal dots on the next screen present in a circle. Tap the icon to access more options. This step won’t apply to iPads.
Step 3: Select “Transfer to Bank”
Now, choose the “Transfer to Bank” option with a pointed arrow present in the “Transactions” tab.
Step 4: Type the Amount You Want To Transfer
The next step is to enter the amount you wish to send to Cash App. Once done, press “Next” to proceed.
Step 5: Choose the Payment Option
The following screen will display two payment options: Instant Transfer (with a fee) and 1-3 Business Days (standard transfer; no charges). Choose your preferred method and Tap “Transfer” to move forward. If you haven’t added a bank account to your Apple Pay yet, do it at this step.
Step 6: Confirm the Transfer
As you hit the Transfer button, Apple Pay will ask you to confirm the payment by verifying yourself through Face ID, passcode, or Touch ID. The amount will take 1 to 3 days to become visible in your bank account. Once you receive the balance, you can transfer it to Cash App.
Step 7: Open Cash App
Launch Cash App on your iPad or iPhone and add the bank account if you haven’t already. Open the “Money” tab by clicking on the “Bank” icon in the bottom menu.
Step 8: Enter the Amount
The next screen will ask you to type in the money you wish to transfer to your Cash App Balance. Keep it the same as the amount you sent to your bank account from Apple Pay. Press “Add.”
Step 9: Confirm the Transfer
You will now have to verify yourself with a PIN or Touch ID to confirm the transaction from your bank account to Cash App Balance. The amount will instantly appear in your account. That’s all you need to do to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
Check out this informative video tutorial that walks you through the step-by-step process of transferring money seamlessly between these two popular platforms. Say goodbye to confusion and hello to hassle-free transactions. Dive into the video now to simplify your money management!
How to Add a Debit or Credit Card to a Cash App Account?
You need to link a bank account, debit, or credit card to your Cash App account to send money. If you skipped this option when signing up, you must do it now. Otherwise, you can’t transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. So, here is how you can add your debit card to your Cash App account:
- Launch Cash App on your phone and tap the “Profile” icon.
- Next, choose “Linked Banks.”
- Then, select “Link Debit Card.”
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and provide all the information Cash App asks for verification. Wait a while; the card will be connected to your Cash App account.
To add a credit card to your Cash App account, you should link it to a bank or debit card. So, follow the above steps to add your debit card, and then follow the below steps:
- Launch Cash App on your phone and press the “Profile” sign.
- On the next screen, select “Linked Banks.”
- Then, tap “Link Credit Card.”
- Lastly, follow the prompts on your screen till you complete the process.
Note: You can only connect Cash App-supported cards to your account, including American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. You will be charged $3 for every credit card transaction.
How To Link a Bank Account To Cash App?
Suppose you don’t have a debit card. How can you transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App now? Of course, With your bank account! Here is how you can add or link a bank account to your Cash App:
- First, open Cash App on your iPhone or iPad and navigate to the “Profile” screen.
- Look for the “Linked Banks” option on the next screen. Select it.
- Then, choose “Link Debit Card.”
- Next, press the “No Card?” button.
- Hit “Continue” to proceed.
- Cash App will now display a list of supported banks you can link to your account. If you can’t find yours, find it in the search bar. Select your bank once you see its name.
- Finally, follow the prompts till you see “Bank account was successfully linked” on your screen.
Note: Remember, the bank you link to your Cash App account should be the same as you connected with Apple Pay. That’s the only way to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
Can You Add a Cash Card to Your Apple Pay Account?
While you can’t transact directly from your Apple Pay, you can add your Cash Card to your Apple Wallet and use it to make purchases from Apple Pay. There are two ways to connect the card to Wallet — via the Apple Pay app and Cash App.
When doing it from Apple Pay, you must manually add your card information to the app. It includes the card’s number, security code, and expiration date. This means you need a physical Cash Card to add it to your Apple Pay account.
However, if you want to do it from your Cash App, you won’t need the card in hand because the app will already have the information. However, it might not have your card’s expiration date or security code. So, it’s better to apply for the card before adding it to Apple Pay to avoid the inconvenience.
Adding Cash App Card via Apple Pay
Adding a Cash App Card to Apple Pay enables users to use their Cash App Balance from Apple Pay. Follow the below steps to do that:
- First, apply for the Cash App Card if you don’t have it already. For that, open Cash App, select “Debit Card” on the homepage, provide the on-screen information, and submit it. You will receive the Cash Card via mail.
- After receiving the Cash Card, open Apple Wallet on your phone and tap the “+” sign to add a new card.
- On the next screen, select “Debit or Credit Card.” Apple will display a message about adding a card to your Wallet. Read it and tap “Continue.”
- Add your Cash Card to Apple Pay by scanning both sides. Alternatively, you can enter your card’s details manually, but it does have a risk of error.
- Verify this action from your Cash App account, and your Cash Card must now be added to your Apple Pay account.
Adding Cash App Card via Cash App
Can you transfer money from Apple Pay to a Cash App Card? Unfortunately, the answer is still no. However, you can use your Cash App Card to make purchases from Apple Pay. Here is how you can add Cash App Card to your Apple Pay via Cash App:
- Open the “Cash Card” tab in the app, the card-like sign in the bottom menu.
- Tap on your Cash Card on the next screen and then select “Add to Apple Pay.”
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions till the confirmation screen. Hit the “Done” button, and you’re done!
Transferring money from Apple Pay to Cash App may seem impossible since both platforms don’t integrate. However, you can indirectly make payments from your Apple Pay to Cash App by linking both accounts with one bank account. This way, you will transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank account and then to your Cash App.
You can also add your Cash App Card to Apple Pay to make purchases from it when your Apple Wallet Balance gets low. We discussed two ways you can do it in this guide. We hope they helped you!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Primakov/Shutterstock.com.