PlayStations generally come with an easy-to-use interface. But things might be a little challenging for you if it is your first time with Sony’s game console. Whether you have a PS4 or a PS5, in order to use your console, you’ll need to understand your PlayStation network sign in.
The PlayStation Network (PSN) is Sony’s advanced digital service that offers different features to gamers when using the PlayStation. It consists of PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Now. So, to enjoy movies and music, you should be signed into PSN.
Navigating the PlayStation menu is typically a bit complicated. But worry not: this article will help you sign in to PlayStation Network on your PS4 and PS5.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
PlayStation Network Sign In: PS4
The processes for signing into PlayStation Network on PS4 and PS5 are different. If you have a PS4, follow the below steps to sign in to PSN:
Step 1: Turn on the Console
First, switch on your PS4. The login screen will be loaded automatically. Once it is completely loaded, choose your account from the list and press X on your controller.
Step 2: Open the D-Pad
Now, take your cursor on the D-pad on the PS4’s home screen and press the down arrow. The next screen will take you to the PSN sign-in screen.
Step 3: Select Sign-In ID (Email Address)
Choose the Sign-In ID (Email Address) field and then press X on your controller. Now, type in the email address you used to sign up for your PSN account by the controller and the on-screen keyboard. Once done, select Done and press X or R2 to finish.
Now, move on to the next field, which will be Password, and press X. Then, enter your PSN account password. Once finished, choose Done and press X or R2 on the controller.
After entering the correct PSN account credentials, select the Sign In button and press X. That’s all you need to do to sign in to PlayStation Network on your PS4.
If you entered the right email ID and password, you must be signed in to PSN by now. However, if your sign-in attempt fails, you must have entered the wrong email ID or password. Re-enter your information and try again.
Check out this video for a guided walkthrough tutorial:
PlayStation Network Sign In: PS5
If you have a PS5, you will have the sign-in screen as you turn on the console. Enter your PlayStation Network account ID and password to start using your PlayStation Plus subscription and other features.
However, if you still can’t sign in or want to add another account, follow the below steps.
Step 1: Select Add User
First, find the User menu present on the top right corner of the home screen. Once you find it, open the drop-down menu by pressing X on your controller and select the Add User option.
Step 2: Choose Sign In and Play
Next, use your controller to choose the Sign in and Play option.
Step 3: Enter Your PlayStation Network Account Credentials
Enter the email ID and password you used to sign up on the PlayStation Network. Once provided, press X on your controller to sign in. And that’s it; you have signed into PlayStation Network on your PS5. Enjoy the amazing PSN features now!
How to Sign In to Playstation Network From the App
You can also sign in to PlayStation Network from the PlayStation app installed on your smartphone. This is the easiest way to sign in. So, download the app on your iPhone or Android phone and then follow the below steps.
- Turn on the gaming console and select Add User.
- Select Sign in and Play. The next screen will have a QR Code on the right side.
- Open the PlayStation app on your smartphone and sign in to the PlayStation Network account.
- On the app, open Settings and select Sign in.
- Finally, use your phone to scan the QR Code present on the screen. You will automatically be signed in to your PS5.
How to Establish Two-Step Verification for Your PSN Account
After you’ve signed in, you need to establish a two-step verification system for your PSN account. Doing so will add an additional layer of security to your PSN account. Whenever you sign in, a code will be sent to your smartphone.
You must enter this code and your password to sign in to PlayStation Network. This way, you will be the only one accessing your account. Here’s how you can set up the two-step verification on your PSN account:
- Select Up on the D-pad on the home screen and navigate to Settings. It will be represented by a toolbox icon. Press X on your controller to complete the process.
- Select Account Management and press the X button on your controller. Then, find Account Information on the next screen and press X to open it.
- Find Security and press X. After that, select 2-Step Verification.
- The next screen will guide you about the settings related to the two-step verification. If you want more information about this feature, select the Learn More option and press X. However, if you want just to complete the process, select the Set Up Now button and press X.
- Check the Country/Region settings and make sure it matches your smartphone’s location. Head to the mobile number field, press X, and enter your mobile phone number. Once finished, select Add and press X.
- A code will be sent to your provided number. Enter the code on your console’s TV screen, select Activate, and press X. If you didn’t receive the code, check that you provided the correct mobile phone number. After entering the number, select Resend Code and press X.
How to Sign Out of PlayStation Network
After following the above steps, signing out of PlayStation Network will be easier for you now. Here is how you can sign out of PlayStation Network easily.
- Navigate to the menu screen and press Up on the D-pad. Now, select Settings.
- Now, select Account Management.
- Finally, hover over Sign Out and press X.
Over the years, PlayStation has been one of the most popular gaming consoles for beginners and pro gamers alike. Not only does it provide an easy sign-in and sign-out option, but the PlayStation Network also offers advanced features to enjoy. These include movies and music. Whether you have a PS4 or PS5, you should know how to sign in to PlayStation Network. Hopefully, this guide helped you to do the job easily!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©DANIEL CONSTANTE/Shutterstock.com.