Buying AirPods is exciting, but you must know how to pair them with your device to enjoy long hours of movies and songs. Your AirPods need to be discoverable to connect with different devices in their range. Doing so can help you share audio with your friends and find your AirPods if you have lost them.
Luckily, you can make your AirPods discoverable in many ways. However, remember that not only your Apple devices but your non-Apple devices can also pair with AirPods. So, you need to know the right way to put your AirPods in discoverable mode for each device.
Wondering how to make AirPods discoverable on your Mac, iPhone, and Android devices? Keep reading this guide to do it flawlessly!
Step 1: Place the AirPods in the Charging Case
If your AirPods are out of their charging case, you must put them back. Make sure both pieces are placed properly in their positions.
Step 2: Open the Lid
After putting the AirPods in the charging case, keep the lid open. Do not close the lid during this entire process or you will interrupt it.
Step 3: Find the Setup Button on the Charging Case
You may need to turn the charging case so you can see its back. You will see a small “setup” button in the middle of the case. Find and press the setup button.
Step 4: The Light Will Start Flashing
Once you press the setup button, you will see the white status light on the charging case. This indicates that your AirPods are now in discoverable mode and you can connect them to any device you want.
You can follow these steps to make your AirPods discoverable for Windows PC, iPhone, and Android devices.
How to Know if AirPods Are Discoverable
While a flashing light on the charging case means your AirPods are now discoverable, you can confirm that in another way. Just find your iPhone and open the Settings app. Then, find the Bluetooth option and tap on it. Next, look for your AirPods name under My Devices.
If you find it listed in the available devices, your AirPods are in the discoverable mode. However, if you can’t find your AirPods name, this means they are not discoverable, and something went wrong in the “how to make AirPods discoverable” process.
You can try finding your AirPods with your iPhone by bringing the case within its range. Turn on your Bluetooth option and see if the case starts flashing white. If it does, your AirPods are now discoverable for all your devices.
Check out this informative video that walks you through the simple steps to make your AirPods discoverable. Whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or another device, you’ll learn the quick and easy way to ensure seamless pairing for your listening pleasure.
How to Make Your AirPods Discoverable for PlayStation 4
Following the above steps, you can pair any iPhone, Apple, or non-Apple device with your AirPods. AirPods work flawlessly with any Bluetooth-enabled device, meaning you can even connect them to your HDTV, Windows PC, and your gaming consoles.
However, things are a bit different with gaming consoles like PS4 and Xbox. Xbox, especially, isn’t compatible with the Bluetooth software required to pair the AirPods. Not only that, but its controller will not allow the user to work around it as the PS4 controller does.
Unfortunately, the PS4 also misses some important AirPods connectivity components. You might need to get a PS4 Bluetooth Dongle Adapter to make your AirPods discoverable and connectable to the console. Once you find it, follow the steps below.
- 🎮【Bluetooth 4.0】This USB Bluetooth Adapter for PS4/PS5 utilizes the cutting-edge Bluetooth 4.0 technology, providing seamless connectivity and superior performance. The Dongle Receiver and...
- 🎮【Mini Size】This Bluetooth Adapter extremely small and space-saving USB Bluetooth adapter allows you to leave it on devices without blocking the surrounding USB ports. Just plug it into your...
- 🎮【Reliability】Our USB Adapter for PS4 Controller enable wireless communication with Bluetooth headsets. Utilize Bluetooth low energy) technology for energy-saving wireless connectivity,You can...
- 🎮【Broad Operation Range】 This USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter with a transmission distance of up to 10M, you can enjoy lossless music via your Bluetooth headset without hovering around your...
- 🎮【Best Service】 If there have some reason you're not happy with this USB Bluetooth Adapter, we'll make it right and process a refund for you soon. Your satisfaction is not an option, it's a...
Step 1: Plug in the Bluetooth Adapter
Begin with finding the USB port on your PS4. Then, insert the Bluetooth adapter dongle into the port.
Step 2: A Blue Light Will Flash
When you plug in the adapter, a blue light will start flashing on the console just underneath the USB port. This means it is ready to pair.
Step 3: Bring AirPods Within the Console’s Proximity
Now, bring your AirPods and their case within range of the console. Then, open the lid of the case.
Step 4: Press the Setup Button
Find the setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case and press it. After a few seconds, the AirPods will be discoverable on your PS4. Now you can pair it with the dongle.
Step 5: Insert the Adapter Into the Controller
Finally, insert the 3.5mm adapter into the PS4 controller. This will prompt a notification pop-up on the screen. Click “yes” so your AirPods will pair with the console.
How to Make Your AirPods Discoverable for Nintendo Switch
You can also make your AirPods discoverable for Nintendo Switch. However, like PS4, you must buy a Bluetooth accessory to make it possible. For the Nintendo Switch, you don’t need the same Bluetooth adapter dongle as PS4. Instead, you will need a HomeSpot USB-C Transmitter.
This Bluetooth adapter features the 5.0 version, along with Qualcomm’s aptX codecs, to ensure latency. Once you get the HomeSpot USB-C Transmitter, follow the steps below to make your AirPods discoverable for the console.
- [Perfect Match] A Bluetooth transmitter tailor-made exclusively for the Nintendo Switch Family of portable game consoles. Compatible with both regular Switch and Switch Lite, with two Buttons in color...
- [Easy to use] Plug and Play, Connect and Enjoy. Simple dual headphones connection setup. LED indicators showing the active audio codec and which headphone is in use.
- [Built-in Digital Mic] World's only Bluetooth adapter for the Nintendo Switch Family with built-in mic. Hassle free in-game voice chat for games like Fortnite, Smite, Paladins, Friday the 13th and...
- [Digital audio and ultra-low latency] Directly transmit digital audio from the USB-C port. The Qualcomm chipset provides ultra low latency transmission with aptX or aptX Low Latency codecs. When used...
- [Dual Streaming] The ONLY Bluetooth transmitter for the Nintendo Switch Family that can stream to 2 headphones simultaneously in aptX Low Latency.
Step 1: Insert the HomeSpot USB-C Transmitter
First, find the USB Type-C port on your Switch. Then, insert the HomeSpot USB-C transmitter to connect it to the console.
Step 2: Bring AirPods Close
Now, put your AirPods in their charging case and bring them close to the Switch. Again, leave the case lid open during the entire process.
Step 3: Press the Buttons
The next step is to find the setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case. Also, keep an eye on the left button on the HomeSpot USB-C transmitter. Then, simultaneously press and hold the setup button and the transmitter’s left button.
Step 4: A Green Light Will Flash
After a few seconds, a green light will flash in your AirPods’ charging case. This indicates that both of these devices are now discoverable and that they have been paired. Now you’re done!
This process might be a bit complicated, but the good thing is that you won’t have to follow it whenever making your AirPods discoverable on the Switch. Both devices will remember each other and connect automatically when you make your AirPods discoverable.
Why Are AirPods Not Becoming Discoverable?
Despite being the best earbuds on the market, AirPods have their issues. In some cases, they may not become discoverable on any of your devices. Other times, they will be discoverable on one device but not discoverable on others.
Multiple factors can result in this error. For instance, your device can have a faulty Bluetooth connection. It could also b external interference within the range of AirPods and the device. If you are in a place with numerous Bluetooth or wireless signals, move to a different area and turn off Bluetooth on other devices.
To prevent these factors from affecting AirPods performance, ensure that your earbuds are turned on and you are wearing them correctly. Then, check the Bluetooth settings on the device for which you are trying to make them discoverable. Also, ensure your AirPods are in the pairing mode, i.e., they are in the case and the case is flashing white light.
To enjoy your favorite movie on AirPods without external interference, you must know how to make AirPods discoverable on different devices. The AirPods need to be in pairing mode to connect.
Luckily, the process is the same for all Bluetooth-enabled devices. However, if you want to connect them to your gaming consoles, such as PS4 or Switch, you must buy a separate Bluetooth accessory for each console. We hope that this guide has made everything a breeze for you!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Ivan_Shenets/Shutterstock.com.