Twitter is a social media platform that allows you to interact with a diverse audience — not only your friends but also your favorite celebrities. If you use the platform regularly or multiple times a day, you should know how to log out of Twitter. This is even important if you don’t use your personal phone or computer.
Of course, there’s no harm in keeping your Twitter account logged in on your personal devices. However, you may want to log out when selling your device or giving it to someone else. Whatever the reason, you must know how to log out of Twitter from your computer and mobile.
Don’t know how to do it? This post will take you through the four easy steps to log out of Twitter on multiple devices.
How to Log Out of Twitter on a PC
If you use Twitter on different browsers on your PC, you will have to log out on each separately. Here is how to do it.
Step 1: Open Twitter on Your Browser
Step 2: Click on the Three Dots
Wait for the Twitter home page to load. Once it is loaded, click on the three horizontal dots present in the bottom left corner of the screen next to your profile.
Step 3: Select Log Out
A pop-up menu will appear. Find Log out [your username] in the menu and click on it.
Step 4: Confirm the Log Out
As you click on the Log out [your username] option, you will have another pop-up confirming your action. Click Log out again, and the browser will automatically log you out of your Twitter account. You can enter your username and password anytime to log in.
How to Log Out of Twitter on a Phone
Step 1: Open the Twitter App
First, launch the Twitter app on your mobile phone.
Step 2: Select the Three Horizontal Lines
Now, tap on the three horizontal lines present in the top-left corner of your screen, just above your profile image.
Step 3: Tap Settings and Privacy
A menu will open once you click on the horizontal lines. Find the Settings and Privacy option and tap on it. Then, select Account on the next screen.
Step 4: Select Log Out
The Account page will have the Log out option. Tap the red Log out button and select Log out from the pop-up to confirm the action. That’s it! You are now logged out of the Twitter app on your mobile phone.
For a quick refresher on how this method works just check out the video below which will walk you through the process of logging out of your Twitter account on a mobile device.
How to Log Out of Multiple Twitter Sessions
If you have opened multiple sessions on your computer, you can easily log out of them at once. This feature especially comes in handy if you use shared on a public PC.
Note that this feature is only available on the desktop Twitter version.
Here’s how you can log out of multiple sessions on Twitter.
Step 1: Open Twitter
Launch the web browser on your computer and open the official Twitter website here.
Step 2: Select More
Open the menu present on the left side of the screen and click More.
Step 3: Select Settings and Privacy
On the next screen, select Settings and privacy and see if Security and account access is enabled. If it’s not, click on it to enable it.
Step 4: Click Apps and Sessions
Now, click Apps and sessions and select Sessions. You will have a Log out all other sessions option towards the bottom of your screen. A list of all of your sessions will be available underneath this option. Click on it.
Step 5: Choose Log Out
A pop-up will appear asking you to log out of your Twitter account. Click Log out and you will be logged out of all Twitter sessions opened on your devices. The next time you want to use Twitter, you will have to log back in.
How to Switch Between Multiple Twitter Accounts on the Browser
If you use one Twitter account for your business and another for your personal use, you can switch between both accounts on the browser. The easiest way is to add the business account to your personal profile to access both accounts easily. This way, you won’t have to log in or log out of Twitter accounts again and again.
Here is how you can switch between multiple accounts on the web browser:
- Open Twitter on your computer or mobile web browser on which you are logged in.
- Your Twitter feed will load within a few seconds. Click the three dots next to your profile picture and name in the bottom left corner of the screen. It is the menu option. On the mobile browser, tap your profile icon and the (+) sign.
- From the available options, click Add an existing account on both your computer and mobile browser.
- Provide the new account’s username and password on the next screen and click Log in.
- The new account will be added to your current account. You can access it from the three-dot menu present next to your username. Click on it and then select Manage accounts.
- A list of connected accounts will appear on the next screen. Simply select the one you want to use and switch the accounts from here.
- On the mobile browser, you’ll have to tap on your profile to open the menu. Then, tap on your recently added profile icon to use it. You can switch between your accounts from here easily.
This is how easy it is to switch between your business and personal Twitter accounts on your computer or mobile web browser. If you have been using Twitter on different browsers on your devices, make sure to follow this process on each browser.
How to Switch Between Multiple Twitter Accounts in the App
Don’t worry if you want to switch between multiple accounts in the Twitter app — you can do it easily! Whether you have an iPhone or Android, you can not only add an existing account but also create a new one from the same process.
Here’s how you can switch between multiple accounts in the Twitter app on your iPhone and Android:
- Launch the Twitter app on your mobile.
- Tap on your profile. On some smartphones, the menu is represented by a hamburger or three horizontal lines icon.
- Your username will have a down arrow located next to it at the top. Tap on it.
- Select Add an existing account.
- On the next screen, enter the username and password for the Twitter account you want to add.
- The new account will automatically be added to your current account. Tap on your profile again to switch between both accounts.
Twitter is an easy-to-use social media network that gathers people from different backgrounds under the same platform. While it is widely used to share opinions, many people use it to engage with friends and celebrities or promote their businesses.
If you use Twitter on your personal device, you don’t have to worry about logging out of your account. However, if you use a public computer or want to log out of Twitter on your personal computer, you can do it in the four easy steps above.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©khak/Shutterstock.com.