- If you want to delete your Venmo account, you will need to make sure you have the app downloaded and that you’re logged in.
- In order to close your account via a Web browser, simply log into your account, go to account settings, and at the bottom of the page, click on the option to close your account permanently.
- Closing your business profile will involve calling Venmo customer service, as it cannot be done through the app.
Venmo, Cash App, and Zelle are all useful apps that allow us to instantly send money to people via the Internet. Whether you feel like it’s a security issue or you just don’t want to have an account anymore, each service has a way to delete your account permanently. This is different than just deleting the app, and is a permanent option that can’t be reversed. Here are the 4 easy steps to delete your Venmo account permanently. Let’s get started!
The 4 Easy Steps to Delete Your Account
Deleting your Venmo account is incredibly easy. If you want to do so, you will need to make sure you have the app downloaded and that you’re logged in. Once you’ve done that, you can follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Tap the “Me” Button
Once you have opened the app and logged in, you should be on the “Home” tab automatically. From here, you are going to want to go to the bottom right of the screen and tap the button labeled “Me.” This is essentially your Profile tab and opens up all your personal settings and information. The button will have one of two things on it: your initials or a photo. If you’ve added your photo, it will be present, otherwise, it will display your initials.
Step 2: Tap the Settings Icon
Once you’ve clicked on your profile, you should see a different screen. From here, you will want to go to the settings menu. This can be found at the top right of the screen and is a button in the shape of a small gear icon. Go ahead and tap the icon.
Step 3: Select the Account Option
Once you’ve tapped the settings icon, a new screen should appear with a lot of text. These are all the possible settings you can edit for your account. From here, you are going to tap the option labeled “Account.” This should be the first option listed, directly under the Preferences tab.
Step 4: Close Your Venmo Account
Once you’ve tapped the Account button, you should now have three options in front of you: Profile, Phone Number, and Close Venmo Account. The Close Venmo Account should be listed last, directly under the Account Control tab. Once you’ve tapped this, you may need to follow a few prompts in order to officially close the account.
Once you are done with the prompts, you will no longer have a Venmo account! To see these steps in action check out the video below.
Closing Your Account on a Web Browser
In order to close your account via a Web browser, simply log into your account and head on over to your account settings. At the bottom of the page, there will be an option to close your account permanently.
Closing Your Business Profile
If you have a business profile, things are a bit more complicated. Users can’t close their account from the app, and will instead have to call Venmo customer service in order to close it officially.
- How Do You Actually Find Saved Passwords on a Mac? Forgot your password? Here’s a quick guide to help you locate your saved passwords on your Mac computer.
- How Do You Actually Find Saved Passwords on an iPhone? Some things can seem impossible to locate, like saved passwords on your iPhone. Read on to find them quickly.
- 7 Best Password Managers Today: Free and Paid It can get cumbersome to keep track of your unique passwords for all the platforms you use. Here are some great password managers to help.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Piotr Swat/Shutterstock.com.