Downloadable PC Video Converters
- MediaHuman: MediaHuman is a great audio and video converter that works with Windows, macOS, and Linux. Use it to convert your WebM files to MP4, and you can even watch and convert ad-free YouTube content!
- ByClick Downloader: ByClick Downloader is a free media converter that can convert a wide range of video and audio file formats, including WebM and MP4. Download this software for unlimited conversions using intuitive controls and output quality settings.
- Uniconverter: Uniconverter is another software that can convert hundreds of file types, including your WebM and MP4 files.
If you love streaming movies or sharing video content, you’re likely know about WebM and MP4 formats. Both are popular media file formats but have marked differences in how they handle offline. Because of compatibility issues, you may need to convert your WebM content to MP4 for easier viewing. You can play the more established MP4 file format on almost any device. Below we show you how to convert WebM to MP4 in easy steps on your PC and online.
Method One: Convert WebM to MP4 Using an Online Video Converter
If you don’t want to download software, you can quickly and easily convert your WebM file using an online converter. Online converters repackage the video data of your WebM file in MP4 containers. You can use online converters with most browsers, operating systems, and devices (including smartphones). Here are the typical steps for using an online WebM to MP4 converter:
Step 1: Go to www.cloudconvert.com on Your Web Browser
You can also do a simple Google search to see your other options for online file converters. Or try the converters we share below.
Step 2: Select Webm as the Input File Type
The best online file converters can convert hundreds of file types.
Step 3: Select MP4 as the Output File Type
Step 4: Click the Select File Button
Most online converter sites either have a drag-and-drop window or a Select File button for you to add the video file to be converted.
Step 5: Choose the Settings for the File Output
If the option is available, choose the settings for the output file.
Step 6: Once You Have Uploaded Your File, Click the Convert Button
The “Convert” button starts converting your WebM video file into an MP4 file. Some free online converters do timeout if converting a video more than a few minutes long. If this happens, you’ll have to try the conversion process again or use a different site.
Step 7: Download Your Converted MP4 File
Check out this video for a guided walkthrough tutorial:
Free Online WebM to MP4 Converters
Be careful when using online file converters, as some unscrupulous websites can cause you to download malware or viruses. Here are some reliable WebM to MP4 websites for you to try:
- Free Convert: Use this simple converter website to convert your WebM file for free with no registration necessary. Just drag and drop your WebM file, select from options like video screen size, aspect ratio, and frame rate, then hit the convert button. Your MP4 file will immediately download once the conversion completes.
- Cloud Convert: If you’re a bit of a techie, Cloud convert offers precision conversion between these two media file types with loads of settings for you to get your MP4 download just right. This website converts over 200 file types, so select the correct file formats in the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- VEED.IO: This is another quick and simple website for WebM to MP4 conversion. Just upload WebM, hit convert, and download MP4.
Method 2: Use a Downloadable WebM to MP4 Converter
If you need to work with WebM files regularly, downloading conversion software to your computer may be worthwhile. Downloaded software often has more options for customizing the MP4 output and can usually handle multiple files. Here is how to download and use a WebM to MP4 converter on your PC:
Step 1: Download and Install the Webm to MP4 Converter
You can try any of the video converter software recommended below or search online for your own choice. Choose a video file converter compatible with your PC’s operating system. Download and use the setup wizard to install the converter.
Step 2: Click Run to Open the Converter
Most file converters automatically install a shortcut button on your desktop so you can access it quickly ongoing.
Step 3: Set the Converter to MP4 Output
Other converters may also ask you select a destination for saving the converted file at this point.
Step 4: Select the Local File Conversion Option
Step 5. Open the Webm File You Want to Convert in the Converter Software
Once you select and open your file in the converter, the conversion process usually starts automatically. Save the converted MP4 file to a location of your choice. You can then open and use your new MP4 file when ready.
Enjoyed this article? Check out some other ones:
- iPhone Overtakes Android to Claim Majority of US Smartphone Market
- The 5 Best Screens for Ultra Short Throw Projectors
- What Does FPS Stand For?
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Mingirov Yuriy/Shutterstock.com.