- There are a couple of super-easy methods to convert a PPT to Google Slides.
- One method to convert is to open your PPT presentation in Google Drive.
- An equally easy way to convert the PPT file to Google Slides is to open it in Google Slides.
Whether you are looking for an alternative to Microsoft Office or want to collaborate on a presentation with a team, Google Slides is an excellent option. It features PowerPoint slideshow or a .PPTX. You do not have to remake it in Google Slides. Our handy guide shows you how to convert PowerPoints to Google Slides in 5 easy steps.
1. Upload The File
Select the New icon in the top left corner of Google Drive. This will bring up a drop-down menu, and from there, select File upload.
2. Locate The PowerPoint File
After selecting File upload, a File Explorer window or Finder window will pop up, depending on your operating system. Find the PowerPoint file you want to convert. Once you have found the file, select Open in the bottom right corner of the window.
3. Open in Google Slides
Now that you have the PowerPoint file uploaded, you will see the file pop up in your Google Drive. To make sure you open the file in Google Slides, right-click on the file and select Open With>Google Slides.
4. Save as Google Slides
With the file open in Google Slides, if you have never used Google Drive, you will see a somewhat similar layout to PowerPoint. In the top left corner, you will see the file name, and then off to the right, a yellow box with .PPTX in it.
In the top left corner, under the file name, you will see a top menu bar, select File. Then from the drop-down menu, click on Save as Google Slides. This will open the converted file in a new tab. This process will not replace the original file, so you still have access to both versions.
5. Delete the Original File (Optional)
If you do not want to keep the original file in your Google Drive, after converting it to a Google Slides file. Go to the drive home page and right-click on the .PPTX file and select Remove.
To easily identify which one is the .PPTX or not, you will see the icons are different. If it is a Google Slides file, the icon will be a yellow square, and a .PPTX file will have an orange square with a P in it.
Check out this informative video tutorial that walks you through the step-by-step process of converting PowerPoints to Google Slides. Say goodbye to compatibility issues and hello to smooth transitions! Dive into the video now to simplify your presentation workflow.
Another Option: Upload the PPT to Google Slides
While the above method is certainly the simplest option, you can also convert PPT to Google Slides by opening your PowerPoint presentation in Google Slides. Here’s the simple steps to follow:
- Go to the Google Slides website and create a blank presentation.
- Click File on the top toolbar and select Open.
- In the pop-up menu, click Select a File from your device and upload the PowerPoint you want to convert.
- The slideshow will appear in the blank presentation as a Google Slides file.
The presentation will be available from your Google Drive with this method, so you can easily revisit it for edits and future use.
- Fitbit Versa vs. Apple Watch: Which is Better? Does the Apple Watch compare to the FitBit Versa in terms of tracking health and fitness? Find out in our product comparison.
- How to Create a Poll in Slack, With Photos Slack is a terrific communication platform for companies and businesses. Find out how to conduct polls within Slack in this helpful guide.
- The Absolute Best Atari Action Games of All Time Take a stroll with us into the past of gaming as we look at the best Atari action games ever to hit the market.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©monticello/Shutterstock.com.