- File conversion is a straightforward process, and you can do it on your computer’s photo-viewing app.
- Once you’ve located the photo you wish to convert, right-click on it, choose Open with, and select Photos.
- From the Print menu, choose Microsoft to PDF from the printer option from the drop-down menu then click on the Print button in the bottom left corner of the window. Then Save and Rename.
PNG is a popular digital format for displaying images. As well as being compatible with most devices, it’s a safer file type. However, sometimes you may find yourself in a situation where you need to convert PNG to PDF. Whether you’re here because you typed “How To Convert a PNG to PDF on Windows and Mac” on Google or not, you’ll find the answer shortly.
File conversion is a straightforward process, and you can do it on your computer’s photo-viewing app. If you know how to convert Word to PDF, this one should be easier for you. You don’t need a third-party app or website.
Convert PNG to a PDF Using Windows 11
Follow these steps on your Windows 10 and most previous versions of Windows.
1. Open The Image You Want To Convert
Navigate through file explorer and locate the image you are looking to convert. Once you find it, double-click on the image, and it should open in Photos by default. If it doesn’t, you might have changed the default app, which is not an issue. Right-click on the photo, choose Open with, and select Photos.
2. Select The Printer Icon
Once the photo is open, you will see a menu on the top bar of the image. From there, select the three horizontal dots to bring up more options. In that drop-down menu, choose Print.
3. Print To PDF
Choose Microsoft Print to PDF from the printer option from the drop-down menu then click on the Print button in the bottom left corner of the window.
4. Save and Rename
After selecting Print, a file explorer window will pop up. Here you can rename the file to whatever you like. Note that underneath the File name, there is a box that says Save as type. This box should say PDF Document (*.pdf)
Once you have the file name and location to your liking, select Save in the bottom right. Congratulations, you have converted a PNG to a PDF!
Check out the video below from Everyday Things for a visual walk-through of how to easily convert a PNG to PDF in Windows.
Convert PNG to PDF Using MacOS
1. Open The Image To Convert
Start by finding the image you want to convert by using Finder. Double-click on the image to open it in Preview. If it does not open in Preview, right-click on the file, select Open with and then select Preview from the drop-down menu.
2. Export as PDF
After you have your photo open in Preview, on the top toolbar, select File, then Export as PDF.
3. Save The File
After selecting Export as PDF, a small Finder window will pop up. You can rename and choose the location to save the PDF. Once you name and choose the storage location, select Save in the bottom right corner. Voila, you have converted that PNG to a PDF!
Converting a PNG, and any other image, to PDF on a Mac is very simple. Jessica from Bein’ Classy shows you how to easily convert photos to PDF using a Mac.
Now you know How To Convert a PNG to PDF on Windows and Mac, go ahead and create your new files.
- How Much of Tesla Does Elon Musk Actually Own? As Elon Musk sells off more and more of his shares in Tesla, the question bears revisiting.
- How to Edit Videos on Windows 11 (with Photos) Got a video you need to edit? Here’s a guide to do your editing on Windows 11.
- Who Is Responsible When Self-Driving EVs Get Into Accidents? As self-driving cars become more common, accidents will become a liability issue. Who would be at fault?