- You may need to know how to convert HTML into a PDF document because PDFs are easy to use, reliable, and can be opened on almost any device.
- Converting HTML into a PDF is easy and fast.
- You can use Adobe Acrobat, Google Chrome, macOS, or an online converter tool.
HTML is the language of web pages and provides the markups for accurately displaying web content in a browser. But, if you want to read a web page offline or have a hard copy of the web content, you’ll need an alternate file type to turn the web page into a document you can read and share easily.
PDFs are a practical choice for converting HTML because they are robust and reliable, and you can open them on most devices. And better still, making the conversion from HTML to PDF is quick and simple.
If you want to know how to convert HTML to PDF in easy steps, this article shares the best methods for doing this on Windows, Mac, or in the cloud.
Let’s get started!
How to Convert HTML to PDF with Adobe Acrobat
If you’re a web designer, researcher, or blogger and need to convert web content to PDFs frequently, the Adobe Document Converter is a great solution for publishing HTML files, parts of web pages, or whole web pages right off your browser!
Better still, the PDF that Adobe creates is a faithful copy with an identical layout, format, and even the same links you can click on. You can even combine multiple web pages in a single PDF, turning an entire website into a document.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Sign up for Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud (there is a free trial available).
- Enable the Adobe Acrobat extension in your browser toolbar.
- Open the HTML web page you want to convert in either Chrome, Brave, Edge, or Firefox for Windows PCs and Firefox only on Macs.
- Use the Adobe PDF toolbar in the browser to convert your selected web page instantly by clicking the “Convert to PDF” button.
- Name and download your PDF file to a location of your choice.
In the video below from 5 Minute Solution, you can see how easy it is to use Adobe Acrobat to convert an HTML document to a PDF.
For Added Functionality and Options, Use Acrobat to Convert Your HTML Content
You can also use your Adobe Acrobat account to convert an HTML page to a PDF inside the Acrobat Cloud-based software platform. This may be worthwhile because of the added features and customizations you can make to document, or if your browser is incompatible with the Adobe toolbar.
Follow these steps:
- Open Acrobat on your desktop.
- Select “Tools,” navigate to “Create PDF,” and choose “Web Page.”
- Enter the complete path to the web page you want to convert or click the “Browse” button to select an HTML file.
- You can choose to convert various layers or levels of the website or click “Get Entire Site” to convert the whole website.
- Open the “Web Page Conversion Settings” box to select from a range of additional options for converting the site, then click OK.
- Click the “Create” button to create your PDF.
In Acrobat you can also:
- Add unlinked or linked web pages to an existing HTML to PDF conversion
- Copy the URL of web links to a clipboard for later use
- Format page layout options
- Customize fonts and colors
- Convert images
- Underline textual web links
How to Convert HTML to PDF with Google Chrome
Did you know Google Chrome can convert web pages you visit to PDFs all on its own? This no-hassle solution is tool and extension-free!
Follow these steps:
- Open the web page you intend to convert in Chrome.
- In the open web page, open the print dialog box by pressing the shortcut “Ctrl + P” in Windows or “Cmd +C” with Mac.
- Select the number of pages you want to convert and choose your formatting options in the print dialog box.
- Select “Save as PDF” and click to convert the web page to a PDF.
- In the window that opens, select the destination for saving your PDF and click “Save.”
Check out the video below from Twinkle PPC for a visual walk-through of how to use a web browser like Chrome to convert a webpage to a PDF.
How to Convert HTML to PDF on macOS
You can convert any HTML web page to PDF on Mac using the Safari browser. Like Chrome, you can export HTML content in PDF format using the browser alone. It can transfer links and embed images from the original web page too!
Follow these steps:
- Open the web page you want to export as a PDF in Safari.
- Click on “File.”
- Scroll down to “Export as PDF” and click on it.
- In the window that opens, name your PDF and select a destination for the file.
How to Convert HTML to PDF with an Online Converter Tool
Online converter tools provide another popular method for converting HTML to PDF. You can either download the converter on your PC or use a cloud-based application in your browser.
Using an online converter is quick, easy, and usually free. Many programs can convert multiple file types and enable you to edit the newly created PDF.
Follow these steps:
- Download and open the converter on your desktop or open one in a browser.
- Select and open the HTML file you want to convert or open a website you want to convert in your browser. This opens the file in HTML form in the converter software.
- When the file is open in the converter, click on the “Convert PDF” button.
- Select a file name and destination to save the new PDF.
- Depending on the converter software you use, you can edit the PDF, add links, or convert images.
It’s great that you can convert HTML content into a stable, sharable format like PDF. It hasn’t always been this easy, but, as you can see, there are now loads of quick and easy options for converting web content. So, now you have a simple way to read web pages in hard copy or send them for review.
- How to Convert CSV to Excel in 3 Easy Steps
- How to Convert Google Doc to Word in 4 Easy Steps
- Kindle Fire vs. iPad: Which One is Better?
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Gill_figueroa/Shutterstock.com.