- Because EPUB files and PDFs have a lot in common, the file conversion processes for them are easier.
- The quickest and simplest way to convert your EPUB file is to upload it to an online converter.
- Some of the best online converters for EPUB to PDF include: ebook2 PDF, Convertio, Online Convert, PDF Converter, Zamar.
EPUB is the file format of choice for avid bibliophiles and works with most eReaders. However, without apps and converters, you may struggle to read your favorite EPUB eBooks on a smartphone or PC.
One of the most common methods for opening an EPUB file is to convert it into a PDF which you can easily open and share. Alternatively, you may have purchased an eBook and found that the EPUB you downloaded just isn’t compatible with your device.
So, if you’re looking for a workaround for converting EPUB files, we’ll show you how to convert EPUB to PDF. Read on for the best methods for converting EPUB to PDF on Windows, Mac, or online.
How to Convert EPUB to PDF in Easy Steps
EPUB files and PDFs have a lot in common, meaning that this is one of the easier file conversion processes.
Though EPUB files are specifically formatted for reading, you can open PDFs on more devices and they are easily shared. Thankfully, you have a lot of software options for converting these two file types within minutes.
Below are the main methods for getting your EPUB file converted into a PDF.
How to Convert EPUB to PDF with an Online Converter
The quickest and simplest way to convert your EPUB file is to upload it to an online converter. There are many reliable websites that can complete the conversion and present you with a PDF download. Here are the steps for using an online ePub-to-PDF converter:
- Open your browser and navigate to the online converter of your choice.
- Upload your EPUB file to the converter website.
- Select PDF as the conversion output you want.
- Press the Convert button and wait for your file to be converted. Larger files will take much longer to convert than short documents.
- Once the conversion is complete, download your PDF to a location of your choice.
There are a few different ways to convert an EPUB into a PDF. The steps above are one way to go about converting a file, however, if you’d like to try a different method we found this helpful tutorial on YouTube.
Best Online Converters for EPUB to PDF
Here are some reliable online converters to get your EPUB eBook turned into a PDF hassle-free:
- ebook 2 PDF: This simple website will instantly convert EPU and other ebook formats to PDFs for free. The converted PDFs are high resolution and you can convert up to 20 eBooks at a time. Just drag and drop files onto the site to get started. PDFs can be downloaded and saved individually or as a ZIP file.
- Convertio: This is a freemium file conversion software that will convert almost any file type. Upload your EPUB file (max size 100 MB) to obtain PDF output for download.
- Online Convert: This converts EPUB files into PDFs that are e-reader compatible. Unlike other converters, Online Convert provides a number of settings for the PDF output, including base font size, font serifs, and even the type of reader you want the PDF optimized for.
- PDF converter: This is a quick and simple converter that can handle EPUB files.
- Zamzar: This is a popular file conversion platform and will convert an EPUB file to any document file type of your choice.
How to Convert EPUB to PDF on macOS
Having an EPUB to PDF converter on your MacBook may be handy if you routinely work with these document file types.
The Calibre tool is one of the best converters for Mac and will save you time by completing the conversions on your desktop. It handles all the major eBook file types and can make Kindle-compatible files.
Here are the steps for using Calibre to convert EPUB to PDF on Mac:
- Download and install Calibre on your Mac. Caliber is also compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Open Calibre.
- Select the Add books option at the top of the open window and select the eBook(s) you want to convert. Once you have selected your eBook you will see the file in the middle box in the window.
- Click on the book and then click on the Convert books option that appears at the top of the window.
- A pop-up window should appear where you can select the conversion output file type. Select PDF and then OK. This starts the conversion process.
- While the file or files are being converted, the message bar of the software will display “Job 1.” Once the conversion finishes, this notification will change to “Job 0.”
- Completed files are stored on the software with a .pdf extension. You can rename and choose where to save the converted file on your Mac.
How to Convert EPUB to PDF on Windows
There are several EPUB converter software that you can use with Windows if you want to convert your EPUB files offline. A reliable free option is the AniceSoft EPUB Converter that you can use to convert your EPUB files into the file format of your choice.
Follow these steps for using Anice Soft EPUB Converter on Windows:
- Download the Anice Soft EPUB Converter to your PC.
- Launch the converter.
- Choose the output you require, PDF.
- Click on Add File to select the EPUB file you want to convert. Once you have found the file select it and click OK.
- Choose the location for the PDF output.
- Click the Start button and wait for the converter to operate. The converter will send the PDF to the location you selected.
Convert EPUB to PDF with Adobe Digital Edition
You can use Adobe Digital Edition to convert an EPUB to PDF in easy steps. The process is quick and simple:
- Launch Adobe Digital Edition.
- Select the EPUB file you want to convert and click Open.
- The selected file should be added to your library and can be opened and viewed.
- Adobe online services can convert your EPUB to PDF by simply dragging and dropping the file on the Convert to PDF page. Once the file is converted, you can immediately download it or share it via email.
You can quickly and easily work with EPUB files by converting them to PDFs. The best converters will even ensure that the PDF is compatible with popular brands of eReaders.
So, if you have an eBook you were looking forward to reading but don’t have a compatible device, simply convert it into a PDF to access the content you want using these simple methods!
- Fitbit Versa vs. Apple Watch: Which is Better? — Does the Apple Watch compare to the FitBit Versa in terms of tracking health and fitness? Find out in our product comparison.
- How to Create a Poll in Slack, With Photos — Slack is a terrific communication platform for companies and businesses. Find out how to conduct polls within Slack in this helpful guide.
- The Absolute Best Atari Action Games of All Time — Take a stroll with us into the past of gaming as we look at the best Atari action games ever to hit the market.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Gill_figueroa/Shutterstock.com.