Welcome to our guide on how to change the face of your Apple Watch! One of the most appealing features of the Apple Watch is the ability to customize the look and feel of your device to fit your style and preferences.
You can create a personalized experience to match your mood, activity, or outfit with dozens of different watch faces. Whether you want a classic analog design, a futuristic digital display, or even a fun animated character, the Apple Watch has something for everyone. In today’s post, we’ll show you step-by-step how to change your watch face and explore some of the best options available. Let’s get started!
Change Apple Watch Face: Making a Fashion Statement
The degree of personalization available on an Apple Watch is among its most appealing qualities. You can change the band for traditional watches, but with an Apple Watch, you can change the band and the watch’s face. Customize it to match your mood, clothing, or both.
You can even personalize Apple Watch with your photographs and give the wristwatch a more individual feel. This is similar to how you can place pictures of loved ones, family, friends, and even pets as your phone’s screensaver.
What normal watch has ever been able to do this? The Apple Watch is innovative in more ways than one, but the customization options really push it over the top.
How to Change Apple Watch Face Automatically?
If you are familiar with how to use the Apple Watch, you may already be aware that there are two distinct Apple Watch faces available, either of which may show your images on your wrist. The first is a default Photos face, while the second is a Portrait face that was created to display portrait photography that was shot with your iPhone. The fantastic thing is that you can change the image automatically, so you’ll have different images at different hours. Here’s how.
Step 1: Open the Shortcuts App
Begin by opening the Shortcuts app on your iOS device.
Step 2: Create Your Own Personal Automation
Scroll to the bottom and choose the option labeled “Automation.” Select the option to Create Your Own Personal Automation.
Step 3: Choose the Time of Day That Suits You Best
You can choose the option of Sunrise/Sunset (Apple will allow you to choose a precise time around these solar occurrences). You can also specify any duration you would like using the Time-of-Day option. Note that the Repeat choices include Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
Step 4: Touch the Next Button
Next, choose the following option by touching the Next button.
Step 5: Locate “Watch”
After selecting Add Action, use the search bar to locate “Watch,” then tap the checkbox next to it.
Step 6: Choose Active Watch Face
Choose the option to set the watch face from the list of watch activities returned.
Step 7: On the Actions Page, Touch the Blue Word “Face”
On the Actions page, directly underneath the text that reads “Set active watch face to,” touch the blue word “Face.”
Here, you can decide the watch face you want to show when the timer goes off. This is because the list corresponds to the current arrangement of the watch faces on your Watch. The watch face at the top of the list is the one shown when swiping to the first (leftmost) face on your Watch.
When the Actions page returns, select Next, turn off the option to Ask Before Running and confirm by hitting Don’t Ask when prompted. To end, click the Done button. On the “Automation” page, you will see the automation you just established. The face of your watch will now mechanically change at the time you have chosen. There is nothing more that you need to do.
The first portion of this YouTube video made by Insider Tech details how to change the watch face, and the remainder of the video also shows you how to more thoroughly personalize the display.
How to Personalize Your Apple Watch Appearance Using Faces?
Follow the below steps to personalize new faces on Apple Watch.
Step 1: Tap the Apple Watch and Swipe Right
Tap the watch and swipe right to access the new window. Then, tap on the +.
Step 2: Cycle Between the Available Faces
Use the up and down arrows or the digital crown to cycle between the available faces. Tap the button for Edit to make changes.
Step 3: Select Personalization Choices
Select from the available personalization choices, which may include marks, colors, and complexity. Once satisfied with your choice, press the Digital Crown button to save the configuration changes.
How to Delete Faces on an Apple Watch?
Please follow these steps if you want to delete faces using Apple Watch.
Step 1: Swipe the Area of the Face You Want to Remove
Start by swiping the area of the Face you want to remove. Then swipe up while pressing on the display. The delete option will appear.
How to Change the Face of Your Apple Watch Based on Your Current Time
Follow these instructions to change the faces on your Apple Watch depending on the time:
- On the iPhone that has been linked, open the Shortcuts app.
- At the very bottom of the app, choose the Automatic option.
- Select the option for “+” and then “Create Personal Automation” before selecting the option of “Time of Day.”
- Choose Sunrise or Sunset, then adjust the Time according to your choice.
- Go to the next step and choose the option of Add Action.
- Look for the option to Set the Watch Face.
- Navigate to the Actions menu and look for the option to Set the current watch face.
- Choose the watch face you want to use for certain times.
- In the app’s upper right-hand corner, choose Next from the Actions menu.
- Deactivate the Ask Before Running feature and confirm your choices by selecting the Don’t Ask button. Then click on Done.
How to Change the Face of Your Apple Watch Based on Your Current Location
Follow these instructions to change the faces on your Apple Watch depending on the location:
- On the iPhone that has been paired, open the Shortcuts app.
- At the very bottom, choose the Automatic option.
- Select the “+” option and then “Create Personal Automation” before selecting “Arrive or Leave.”
- Click the Choose button next to the Location option.
- Using the search function, locate the required place and choose it.
- In the app’s upper right corner, click the button saying Next.
- Select the Add Action button and find Watch in the available options.
- Select the option saying Set Watch Face.
- In the Actions section, under Set active watch face to, enter Face.
- When departing from or arriving at the designated place, choose the Apple Watch Face.
- To finish the automation process, choose Next and Done from the menu options.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©charnsitr/Shutterstock.com.