- Kindle Unlimited is a subscription service from Amazon that offer eBooks for $9.99 per month.
- You may need to learn how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription if you are no longer using it or plan to switch platforms.
- Follow the instructions below to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription from a web browser or app.
Kindle Unlimited subscription service from Amazon gives you access to over 1 million eBooks and audiobooks. With just $9.99/month, you can borrow up to 20 titles at once. There are no due dates, so you can keep your books as long as you want.
But what happens when you want to cancel your subscription? Maybe you don’t have enough time to read books or are tired of paying the monthly $9.99 for your Kindle Unlimited subscription. No matter the reason for leaving, it’s possible to end your subscription. Our simple guide will show you how to cancel Kindle Unlimited in
Cancel Kindle Unlimited on Your Web Browser
If you’re ready to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription, follow the steps below. Keep in mind that you’ll still have access to your Kindle Unlimited books until the end of your current billing cycle.
Go to www.amazon.com and sign in to your account
Hover over “Accounts & Lists” and click “Your Memberships and Subscriptions.”
Select “Kindle Unlimited” from the list of your subscriptions
Click “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership”
Confirm the cancelation of your Kindle Unlimited subscription by clicking “Cancel Membership”.
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve canceled your subscription, Amazon won’t charge you any longer for Kindle Unlimited. In addition to these steps, if you’d prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription, we found this helpful step-by-step guide on YouTube.
How to Cancel Kindle Unlimited on the Amazon Shopping App
You can easily cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription on the Amazon Shopping app. Here’s how:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your phone.
- Select the profile icon at the bottom of the screen. It is between the home icon and “Cart”.
- Select “Your Account”.
- Scroll down and tap “Memberships & Subscriptions”.
- Scroll to “Kindle Unlimited” and select “Kindle Unlimited Settings”.
- Tap “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership”.
- Confirm your action by selecting “Cancel Membership”.
You’ll get a message confirming that your membership has been canceled. You’ll still have access to the books in your library until the current billing cycle expires. You can restart your subscription anytime.
Kindle Unlimited Alternatives
If you’re looking for alternatives to Kindle Unlimited, there are a few different options available. One option is to purchase eBooks from Amazon’s Kindle store on a pay-per-download basis. This means that you’ll only pay for the books that you actually download, which can save you money if you only read a few books per month.
Another alternative is to sign up for a different eBook subscription service such as Oyster or Scribd. These services work similarly to Kindle Unlimited in that you can have unlimited access to their digital libraries for a monthly fee.
Finally, another option is simply to borrow eBooks from your local library. Most libraries now offer digital lending services which allow you to check out eBooks and audiobooks electronically. This can be a great way to save money on your reading material, and you’ll always have access to the latest bestsellers.
What Happens When You Cancel Your Kindle Unlimited Subscription?
When you cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription, you will still have access to Kindle Unlimited till your current billing cycle ends.
After your billing cycle ends, you will no longer have access to the Kindle Unlimited content that you had previously downloaded. This includes any books, magazines, or other content that was part of your Kindle Unlimited library. You won’t be able to borrow eligible Kindle Unlimited books anymore.
However, you will still have access to any content that you purchased separately from Kindle Unlimited, such as books that you bought from the Amazon store.
Kindle Unlimited: 7 Must-Know Facts
- Kindle Unlimited allows you to read as many eBooks as you want for a flat monthly fee.
- If you cancel during your free trial, you will not be charged.
- There is no minimum commitment period – you can cancel after one day or a year. It’s up to you.
- If you cancel your subscription, you will continue to access your downloads until the end of the current billing cycle.
- After you cancel, you will no longer have access to any Kindle Unlimited books.
- You can restart your Kindle Unlimited subscription at any time.
- Cancelling Kindle Unlimited does not automatically cancel your other existing Amazon subscriptions such as Prime membership or Audible membership.
History of Kindle Unlimited
When Amazon first launched Kindle Unlimited in July 2014, it was met with mixed reviews. Some people loved unlimited access to eBooks and audiobooks for a monthly fee, while others felt it wasn’t worth the price. Since then, Kindle Unlimited has undergone some changes.
In September 2015, Amazon announced that they were making some changes to the way Kindle Unlimited works. One of the biggest changes was that authors would now be paid based on how many pages of their book were read, rather than how many times the book was downloaded.
This change meant that authors who wrote longer books would potentially earn more money from Kindle Unlimited than those who wrote shorter books. It also meant that readers would have the incentive to finish the books they started, rather than just starting them and abandoning them.
Since these changes were implemented, Kindle Unlimited has become more popular with both readers and authors.
As of January 2020, there are over 1 million eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines. Kindle Unlimited offers a 30-day free trial for new subscribers. After the free trial, the subscription costs $9.99 per month. Subscribers can cancel their subscriptions at any time.
- How to Cancel Showtime on Amazon in Easy Steps (with Photos)
- How To Cancel Peacock in 4 Easy Steps (With Photos)
- How to Delete Your TikTok Account Permanently (with Photos)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Anna Svetlova/Shutterstock.com.