- Assuming you have an iPhone, you can add apps to your Apple Watch by going into the Watch app. The process is quite simple and only takes a few taps.
- If you want to add apps to your Apple Watch, you can also use the App Store on your smartwatch.
- Once you install apps, you can rearrange them using your iPhone or your Apple Watch directly.
The Apple Watch is one of the most popular smartwatches on the market. It offers a wide range of apps and functionality, but sometimes it takes a little know-how to get the apps you want on your Apple Watch. Our simple guide shows you how to easily add apps to your Apple Watch.
Method One: Add Apps Using an iPhone
Assuming you have an iPhone, you can add apps to your Apple Watch by going into the Watch app. The process is quite simple and only takes a few taps.
Step 1: Open the Watch App
Open the Watch app on your iPhone. The Watch app allows you to customize your Watch using your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap Discover
Next, tap Discover at the bottom of the screen. Afterward, select Explore Watch Apps.
Step 3: Select Your Desired App
To install an app, tap on its icon and then the Install button. The app will then be installed onto your watch.
Method Two: Add Apps Using the App Store
If you want to add apps to your Apple Watch, you can use the App Store on your smartwatch. Here’s how:
Step 1: Open the App Store on your Apple Watch
Press the Digital Crown to go to the home screen, then tap the App Store icon.
Step 2: Select Your Desired App
Once in the App Store, you can browse the featured apps and top charts. If you want to scroll through the list of available apps on the App Store, you’ll need to rotate the digital crown.
Step 3: Tap “Get” to Install Your Desired App
When you find an app to install, tap Get and confirm when prompted. The app will then begin downloading onto your watch.
Rearrange Apps on Your Apple Watch
Once you install apps, you can rearrange them using your iPhone or your Apple Watch directly. Open up the app and go to the My Watch tab. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Edit. From there, you can add, remove, or rearrange apps however you see fit. When you’re done, tap Done in the top right corner.
Alternatively, press and hold down on any app icon on your Apple Watch until all the icons start wiggling. Then, you can drag and drop the apps into the order you want them. Once you’re done, press the Digital Crown to exit this mode.
- Apple Watch Series 8 vs. Apple Watch SE: Key Differences and Full Comparison: Read this before you get your first or next Apple Watch!
- How To Factory Reset Apple Watch In 5 Steps (With Photos): Did a friend gift you their old watch? Read this to find out how to reset it and make it your own!
- How To Pair Apple Watch In 4 Steps (With Photos): If a picture is worth a thousand words – this post is worth a lot!