Are you looking for the best music-listening experience without all the wires? Two of the most prominent tech companies, Apple and Samsung, continue to match up with their latest wireless earbuds. Both come with excellent battery life, water resistance, and some of the most accurate audio on the market. At first glance, the right option for you is not so obvious.
We’re here to compare the Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro to help you decide. While one comes with better overall durability at an affordable price, the other has all the bells and whistles backed by the latest audio chip in the industry. Continue reading for everything you should know about these two wireless earbud sets.
Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro: Side-by-Side Comparison
These truly wireless earbuds are some of the best designed on the market but have vastly different specs. Read the charts below to discover the differences between the two.
|Galaxy Buds Pro||AirPods Pro (2nd generation)|
|Case Size||50.2 x 50.2 x 27.8mm||60.6 x 45.2 x 21.7mm|
|Battery Life (Rated)||Up to 8 hours||Up to 6 hours|
|Features||Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), voice detection, ambient sound mode, auto switch, Bixby voice wake-up, touch music control, dual compatibility||Active Noise Cancellation, transparency mode, adaptive EQ, spatial audio, conversation boost, “Hey Siri” commands|
|Price||$199.99 ($99.99 with a deal)||$249.99 (229.00 with a deal)|
Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro: What’s the Difference?
- INTELLIGENT ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: Escape and tune in to your own moment of Zen — all with a single tap; Answer calls and instantly switch to talking with voice detection, and let in the sounds...
- HIGH QUALITY SOUND: Relive the memories of every beat of your favorite song with an 11-mm woofer and 6.5-mm tweeter built into every ear bud
- WATER RESISTANT WORKOUTS: Water won’t ruin your workout; Your IPX7 water-resistant Galaxy Buds Pro can keep the beat going even with a little rain; They’re even protected for immersion up to 3...
- CRYSTAL CLEAR CALLS: No matter where you are, stay connected whether you’re owning that virtual meeting or catching up with a friend; Our new design reduces background noise, so your voice comes...
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: Get the juice you need to jam for hours; Wireless charging case is included, and you can also share your phone’s battery by placing your earbuds on the back of your...
Comparing the designs of the Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro, we see that both feature slim, compact designs. Unlike the true wireless earbuds from Beats (also owned by Apple), which have massive wing tips, these earbuds include subtle curves that fit the contour of your ears to provide a snug fit.
While you shouldn’t expect to play sports in these, both designs guarantee comfortable listening without the threat of them falling out. More critically, both Samsung and Apple offer waterproof earbuds, with the Galaxy Buds Pro able to withstand quite a bit more.
The AirPods Pro feature an IPX4 rating, which makes them resistant to sweat. On the other hand, the Galaxy Buds Pro come with an IPX7 rating, allowing them to be submerged at a depth of 3 feet for up to 30 minutes. While you shouldn’t swim in them, it does help protect them if you drop them in the pool.
Samsung seems to have the upper hand when it comes to battery life as well. While the AirPods Pro can perform for up to six hours rated, the Galaxy Buds Pro can last nearly eight.
A two-hour difference can make or break a listening experience, especially if you’re expecting them to last throughout the workday. When considering the charging case, however, the AirPods Pro takes the cake.
With nearly 18 hours of additional listening time, they outperform the Galaxy Buds Pro’s charging case, which only offers an additional 13 hours. Both cases support wireless charging, but we like Samsung’s slightly more for its USB-C port.
- Apple-designed H2 chip
- Low-distortion, custom-built driver
- Up to 2x more Active Noise Cancellation than the previous AirPods Pro
- Personalized spatial audio
- Up to 6 hours of battery life or 30 hours with the charging case
If you’re looking for the best sound quality, you can’t go wrong with either Samsung or Apple. While users mention more subtle bass notes with the AirPods Pro, they suggest that they require fewer adjustments for accurate sounds. And with spatial audio and adaptive equalization, the quality isn’t far off regardless of what you listen to.
On the other hand, the Galaxy Buds Pro tend to have a wider range of frequencies. While they might require a little more tinkering, users find that they can get a more accurate sound than with the Apple earbuds across the board.
Both Apple and Samsung include decent microphones in their wireless earpieces. While they’re nothing to gawk at, both sets provide the full voice with bass boost and clear output with active noise cancellation.
Speaking of noise canceling, both earbud sets offer their version of ANC. Regarding this aspect, users suggest better attenuation with low-end noises while using the Galaxy Buds Pro. However, for higher tones, the AirPods Pro seems to excel.
Additionally, both sets provide a level of transparency and voice control. Samsung tends to falter here, only syncing with Bixby voice assistant. On the other hand, the AirPods Pro can connect to both Google Assistant and Siri. Both devices are compatible with Android and Apple devices but are only optimized for their respective OS.
With comparable specs and features, it’s hard to tell which truly wireless earbud set offers the better deal. With slightly better connectivity and an ample amount of battery life, you can find the AirPods Pro for a price of $249.00.
However, their sound and comfort don’t blow the competition out of the water. Offering a slightly better earbud battery and the highest water resistance on the market, the Galaxy Buds Pro at $50 less makes a good alternative.
If budget is the deciding factor, you might consider buying these during the holiday season. For the foreseeable future, you can get the latest Apple earbuds for $20 off. And Samsung sweetens the deal; at half off the original price, you can own a pair of Galaxy Buds Pros for less than $100.
Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro: 5 Must-Know Facts
- The Galaxy Buds Pro have the best waterproof rating of any wireless earbud set on the market.
- The AirPods Pro earbuds feature a state-of-the-art chip, providing some of the most accurate audio you can find anywhere.
- Both earbuds come with Active Noise Cancellation, but users state that the AirPods Pro do it more effectively.
- The Galaxy Buds Pro will last longer on a single charge than the AirPods Pro, but Apple’s charging case can hold more power.
- Both models feature a comparable price, but if you make a purchase during the holiday, you can get the Samsung set for less than $100.
Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro: Which One Is Better?
When you’re having to choose between the Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro, the choice isn’t obvious. Coming from two of the most prominent tech manufacturers, both of these truly wireless earbuds have quality sound and a comfortable fit. So, how do you know which one is right for you?
Samsung makes a great pair of earbuds that have longevity in mind. The Galaxy Buds Pro can last for up to 8 hours on a single charge, one of the highest battery lives in the industry.
Additionally, they come with an IPX7 waterproof rating, which goes above and beyond the standard sweat-wicking design we see in other sets. All of that alongside a more affordable price tag makes these earbuds worth your consideration.
However, if you’re more concerned about connectivity and interoperability, the AirPods Pro are the ideal choice. With top-of-the-line ANC, spatial audio, and dual compatibility, these earbuds make it easy to have the best music regardless of your device.
Just remember, when you pay for Apple products, you can expect to pay a premium. As one of the leading earbud companies, you know you’re getting quality.
Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro: Further Reading
After reading our review comparing the Galaxy Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro, it’s easier to understand the differences between the two. With incredible discounts, this holiday season is the best time to pick up a new pair of earbuds. For more of the latest tech to help inspire your next gift idea, check out the articles below.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max vs Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra: Full Comparison – If you’re watching the Apple vs Samsung tech battle closely, you’ll want to read this article about two of their most powerful smartphones of 2022.
- Beats Fit Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: Full Comparison – If you’re looking for more of a sport-minded wireless earbud, you’ve got to take a look at these two models from Beats.
- ULED vs OLED: Key Differences and Full Comparison – Considering a new television this holiday season? Here’s what you should know about the latest in display technology.
- Moto G Stylus 5G 22 vs Moto G Stylus 2021: Full Comparison – Do the price tags on the latest smartphones make you think of alternatives? Check out Motorola’s flagship devices.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Liza Pie/Shutterstock.com.