Fitbit Versa 2 vs Versa 3: 8 Must-Know Facts
- Both Versa 2 and 3 are compatible with Android and iOS devices and support the Amazon Alexa app.
- Fitbit Versa 3 has a battery life of 6 days, whereas the Versa 2 has a battery life of three to four days.
- Fitbit assures you that Versa 2 can survive in a water depth of 50 meters since it has a silicon band. That also makes it sweat- and water-resistant.
- Both watches support Fitbit Pay, which allows you to use your watch while shopping. The payment is secure and reliable.
- Both watches support Spotify, but this new feature requires you to have a premium Spotify account.
- Both smartwatches have an AMOLED display screen containing thin strips of thin film transistors on each pixel. AMOLED displays are known to consume less power, and it helps you see the screen contents more vividly.
- Both smartwatches have an “always-on” display feature that keeps their screens awake. However, if you don’t need more light, like at night while sleeping, you can always turn the feature off.
- The SpO2 sensor on both smartwatches measures your oxygen levels, especially when exercising. This special feature ensures you don’t overwork while your oxygen levels are low.
The Versa 2 and Versa 3 are both excellent fitness trackers from Fitbit, but each one excels at different things, making our Fitbit Versa 2 vs Versa 3 comparison easier. Released in August 2020, the Versa 3 is a successor to the previous model, with updated features and software.
The Fitbit Versa 2 has been on the market for quite some time but lacks special features such as GPS, a larger screen, and the ability to receive calls, which are included in the Fitbit Versa 3. However, both devices are capable of similar things – tracking your steps, calories burned, heart rate, and sleep quality – so which one should you buy?
Fitbit Versa 2 vs Versa 3: Side-by-Side Comparison
|Fitbit Versa 2||Fitbit Versa 3|
|What it is||Smartwatch||Smartwatch|
|Primary use||Tracking time, heart rate, and workout||Health tracking, workout training, GPS locator|
|Release date||August 28, 2019||August 25, 2020|
|Design||Square case with rounded edges||Square case with rounded edges|
|Display||AMOLED, 1.39 inches||AMOLED, 1.58 inches|
|Dimensions||39.95mm x 39.84mm x 12.15mm||40.48mm x 40.48mm x 12.35mm|
|Has SpO2 Sensor||Yes||Yes|
|Can resist water and dust||Yes, with the help of the silicon band insulator||Yes, with the help of the silicon band insulator|
|Music Streaming||It can stream music on Spotify. It can also store 300 songs.||It can stream music on Spotify, But it can’t store any songs.|
|Heath Tracking||No||Yes, tracks heart rate|
|Workout Tracking||Yes, but doesn’t track as many workout activities||Yes, supports a variety of workout activities|
|Phone OS compatibility||Android, iOS||Android, iOS|
|Battery Life||Four days||Six days|
Fitbit Versa 2 vs Versa 3: What’s the Difference?
The Versa 2 and Versa 3 are both great smartwatch options from Fitbit. They are similar in many ways, but it’s important to understand the key differences between them. Let’s go over the major ones.
- Receive a Daily Readiness Score that reveals if you’re ready to exercise or should focus on recovery (requires Fitbit Premium membership. Premium content recommendations are not available in all...
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free—and see your real-time pace & distance—with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts. Fitbit Versa 3 is water...
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
- Use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa Built-in to get quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more just by speaking to your watch
The Fitbit Versa 3 has a built-in GPS, which allows you to know your current location without checking your phone. In addition, you won’t have to carry your phone around when doing outdoor workouts like running or biking. This GPS feature will also help you explore the world without worrying about where you are at the moment. You can also use the GPS feature to find directions. On the other hand, Versa 2 has no inbuilt GPS. Instead, you should use the phone’s GPS locator whenever you are stranded.
Fitbit Versa 3 allows you to receive calls once you link it with your Android or iOS device. That is a good idea since you can receive calls while you are doing other activities, such as exercising. However, your phone cannot be out of the range of Bluetooth. Otherwise, you can’t receive calls. Versa 2 lacks this feature, making it a big reason to upgrade to Versa 3.
Nothing will annoy you more than your watch battery going down while you’re enjoying the outdoors. It’s better to have a smartwatch to track all your workout experiences for close to a week. That way, you’ll only need a power bank for your phone, not the watch itself. So, which smartwatch can help?
The Fitbit Versa 3 will give you six days to track your exercises and sleep without the battery running out. However, you may not get that experience with Versa 2, which can only last four days. But its lifespan depends on whether you keep the display on all the time.
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may...
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal...
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists�plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information�s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
- Track heart rate 24/ 7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed
The Versa 3 has a screen resolution of 336×336px. This bigger screen allows more items to appear on it at a time, reducing scrolling. The bigger screen can also help those with eyesight problems since there is more room to zoom in. In contrast, Fitbit Versa 2 has a resolution of 300×300, allowing fewer items on the screen. As a result, you might have to prepare your fingers for lots of scrolling.
The new Versa 3 can track your body temperature and oxygen levels using the SpO2 feature. In addition, it can estimate the maximum amount of oxygen you’ll need when doing an intense workout. This smartwatch also tracks your sleeping pattern. In the morning, you can check all the stats to know how long you were awake and the hours you slept.
It also keeps stats of oxygen circulation during sleep. Using the exercise app, you can track bike exercises, kickboxing, golf, hiking, circuit training, boot camp, staircase climbing, running, walking, spinning, swimming, yoga, and lifting weights. Versa 3 will help you understand when to see a doctor by monitoring your body temperature.
In addition, it will help in tracking your daily food and water intake. Moreover, ladies have access to a unique feature for tracking their menstrual calendar, allowing them to notice their fertility window faster than other tracking apps.
With the SmartTrack feature, you can automatically detect and track workouts like swimming, walking, running, and biking. In contrast, Versa 2 can only track heart rate, exercises like walking and biking, and your sleep pattern. It’s not that bad, but Versa 3 leads with the benefits.
Ability to Measure Air Pressure
With Versa 2, you can measure air pressure using its unique barometer. That can help you in predicting the weather, which can significantly impact how you spend your day. For instance, you can cancel a mountain hiking trip if you find that air pressure has dropped, since that could mean that there’s a storm on the way. You can still use this smartwatch to measure altitude if the barometer is accurately calibrated. The Fitbit Versa 3 has no barometer. Thus, you cannot predict the weather and have to resort to relying on your phone’s weather app.
Fitbit Versa 2 vs Versa 3: Pros and Cons
|Fitbit Versa 2: Pros||Fitbit Versa 2: Cons|
|Light and comfortable to wear||Shorter battery life of three to four days|
|Durable||Has no barometer|
|It has a SpO2 sensor for measuring oxygen levels||Less screen resolution|
|AMOLED screen with always-on display||Lacks GPS|
|Many color options are available||Cannot receive calls|
|24/7 heart rate tracking|
|Fitbit Versa 3: Pros||Fitbit Versa 3: Cons|
|Solid battery life of up to six days||You need to upgrade to a monthly premium to access more features|
|Built-in GPS, Alexa, and Google Assistant||Cannot store music|
|Comfortable design||Doesn’t offer temperature monitoring, an electrocardiogram (ECG) app, or stress tracking|
|Charges pretty quickly|
|Has a higher screen resolution|
|Has a barometer that can read the weather and predict possible outcomes|
|Can track your sleeping pattern|
|You can customize the watch straps anytime you wish|
Fitbit Versa 2 vs Versa 3: Which One is Better?
When we take everything into account, there is no doubt that the clear winner of this comparison is the Fitbit Versa 3. The biggest difference here is that the Versa 3 has its own onboard GPS, built-in speaker, Google Assistant, and a pretty impressive fast charging mode. With Versa 2, you have to depend on your phone’s GPS receiver.
This means that Versa 3 owners can go for a walk, a bike ride, or a run without their phone, and still have their speed, distance, and route tracked during their workout. But if you’re happy carrying your phone on runs and rides, then absolutely jump on any Versa 2 discounts you can find.
Interested in similar articles? Click on the links below:
- Fitbit Versa vs. Apple Watch: Which is Better? They both come with excellent customizable options. However, one is far more versatile in terms of functionality while the other has an impressively long-lasting battery. Discover which device is which and the better choice between the two.
- Fitbit Sense vs. Apple Watch 7: How Do They Compare? Which comes with more connectivity options? More sensors? A longer battery life? The answers to these questions and more can be seen right here.
- Fitbit Luxe vs Charge 5: How Do They Compare? They are both stylish and fitness-focused. Which one comes with more features? Has a longer battery life? Will let you make contactless payments? The answers can be found here.