Are you planning to get a WiFi router and wondering which is best, eero Beacon vs Extender? The eero Beacon is a small, portable device that has multiple access points, all on a single network, and works with great speed. The Extender is a wireless device used to extend your signal with the help of a repeater.
They’ve both been around for a while, but they’re pretty different in terms of their features, design, and price. The eero Beacon is an elegant and powerful router that can help you get more range in your home. On the other hand, the eero Extender allows you to expand your WiFi coverage by adding a wireless signal to any existing wireless devices, like smart TVs, printers, and more. So, If you want to know which one is best for you, keep reading!
eero Beacon vs Extender: Side By Side Comparison
|Specs||Eero Beacon||eero Extender|
|Wifi metric||Wi-fi 5 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/)||Wi-fi 6 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/)|
|Power||100-240v AC, 50-60Hz. (Built-in plug)||100-240v AC, 50-60Hz. (Power adapter)|
|Connectivity||Dual-band 2×2 SU-MIMO, 2×2 MU-MIMO 2.4/5.2Ghz. No Ethernet ports.||Dual-band 2×2/2×2 MV/SU-MIMO 2.4/5.2 GHz. No Ethernet ports.|
|Possible cover range||1500 sq. ft||1500 sq. ft|
|Random access memory||512MB||512MB|
|Storage||4GB flash||4GB flash|
|Class of Wifi||AC1300||AX1800|
|Name of code||Piccino||Andytown (leaf)|
|Generation of eero||Gen 2||Gen 3|
|Computer processing unit||700 MHz quad-core||1.2 GHz quad-core|
|Speed||400 mpbs||574 mpbs|
|Description||A small portable WiFi device that plugs directly into an electrical outlet.||Extended range of signals to reach more areas.|
eero Beacon vs Extender: What’s the Difference?
The two eero products have a few key differences. The first is that the Beacon is meant to be mounted on the wall or ceiling, whereas the Extender is placed on the floor. The second difference is that the Beacon has one 4G LTE antenna for data and voice connectivity, whereas the Extender has two 3G/4G LTE antennas for data connectivity.
Eero’s range extenders can reach up to 3 miles away from your router, which means you won’t need as many of them as you would if you were trying to cover more ground in your home or office. So, with eero Beacon, you can have a WiFi system that employs numerous access points to give your home fast, dependable coverage on a single network. However, the range extender lengthens the range of your wireless network. It also makes it possible to access the Internet when you’re not close enough to your router to get a strong signal.
eero Beacon vs Extender: Pros and Cons
- WiFi extender expands WiFi coverage
- Advanced WiFi with automatic updates
- Perfect for bedrooms, hallways, and kitchens
- Creates multiple access points to ensure stable internet
This is a WiFi system that supplies your home with fast coverage through multiple access points on a single network. The primary purpose of an eero Beacon is to provide your home with incredible network speed and cover up to 1500 sq ft per device. The eero Beacon is wireless and therefore requires no purchase of cables to function.
|eero Beacon: Pros||eero Beacon: Cons|
|Small and portable||Frequent reboots for the flow of connection|
|Inbuilt nightlight||Limited spatial coverage (1500 sq. ft)|
- Extend Wi-Fi 6 coverage by 1,500 sq. ft
- Add multiple eero 6 extenders to widen coverage
- Easy to set up and use
- Backward compatible with previous Wi-Fi generations
- Eliminates dead spots and buffering
- Automatic updates
The extender is simply a device that duplicates and rebroadcasts your already existing Wi-Fi network. Its primary purpose is to extend the signal range. As a result, adding a Wi-Fi extender is a great, easy way of improving your Wi-Fi signal.
|eero Extender: Pros||eero Extender: Cons|
|Easy installation||Reduced speed because of multiple connections|
|Wide network range||Frequent signal interference|
|Reduced cost (allows you to use your old router, saving you from the stress of getting a new one)|
eero Beacon vs Extender: 5 Must-Know Facts
- The eero Beacon is a WiFi device used mainly at home or other small spaces, while the Extender is primarily used in commercial places, and for commercial purposes.
- The eero Beacon is a small, portable router with an extensive wireless port and an inbuilt nightlight. Extenders are used to lengthen signals to cover vast areas with the help of a repeater.
- The cover range of the eero Beacon and Extender is 1500 sq. ft, and they have a speed of 400 mpbs and 574 mpbs, respectively. They do not come with Ethernet ports.
- Extenders can have reduced network quality and operate with low speed if many users are connected to them. Their rating speed and signals can weaken due to multiple connections.
- Extenders can be easily installed without any technical know-how.
eero Beacon vs Extender: Which One Is Best For You?
While the choice between the eero Beacon and the eero Extender boils down to your needs, we recommend you go for the Extender instead of another eero Beacon. It allows the range of the network to reach more people, although with a slight reduction in network quality. Extenders can also be easily installed without any technical knowledge.
Because the eero Extender duplicates, then replicates an already existing Wi-Fi network, it’s the best option for extending your network; not to mention cheaper. It’s a particularly good choice if you possess higher Internet speeds.