DJI Mini 3 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro: 8 Must-Know Facts
- The DJI Mini 3 Pro is smaller and lighter than the Mavic 2 Pro, making it more portable.
- The Mini 3 Pro has a longer flight time than the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
- The Mavic 2 Pro has a higher top speed than the DJI Mini 3 Pro.
- The DJI Mini 3 Pro has a higher camera resolution than the Mavic 2 Pro.
- The Mavic 2 Pro has an adjustable aperture, while the DJI Mini 3 Pro does not.
- The Mavic 2 Pro comes with 8GB of internal storage, while the DJI Mini 3 Pro only comes with 1.2 GB.
- Both drones have 4K cameras, but the Mavic 2 Pro’s camera is equipped with a 1-inch sensor that allows for better image quality and low-light performance.
- The Mavic 2 Pro is more expensive than the DJI Mini 3 Pro.
DJI has been a leader in drone technology for years, and it’s a name that is synonymous with high-quality drones. In today’s drone market, two of the most popular DJI models are the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro.
Both drones are packed with features and allow you to capture amazing footage and photos. But which one is right for you?
To help you make your decision, we’ve put together a detailed comparison of the DJI Mini 3 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro. We’ll take a look at their key features, performance, price, and more. Read on to find out which drone is the better choice for you.
DJI Mini 3 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro: Side-by-Side Comparison
|Mini 3 Pro||Mavic 2 Pro|
|Maximum Flight Time||34 mins||31 mins|
|Top Flight Speed||16 m/s (S -mode)||20 m/s (S -mode)|
|Folded Dimensions||5.7 x 3.5 x 2.4 inches||3.6 x 3.3 x 8.4 inches|
|Unfolded Dimensions||6.73 x 9.65 x 2.44 inches||9.5 x 3.3 x 12.7 inches|
|Maximum Flight Distance||12 km||8 km|
|Resolution||48 MP||20 MP|
|External Memory Slot||Yes||Yes|
|Internal Storage||1.2 GB||8 GB|
|Price||$669 (Without Remote Control)|
$759 (With DJI RC-N1)
DJI Mini 3 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro: What’s the Difference?
Both the DJI Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro have pro-level features and offer exceptional performance. However, they differ greatly in some aspects. Here are some of the key differences between the two drones.
- Care-free Creation - Weighing less than 249 g, Mini 3 Pro doesn't require registration in most countries and regions. The foldable and compact design also makes it easy to carry on any...
- Seriously Pro Shots - Capture your world in remarkable detail with 4K/60fps video and 48MP photos. The advanced camera system supports dual native ISO and f/1.7 aperture for high-quality imagery,...
- Perfect Portraits in a Tap - The redesigned DJI Mini 3 Pro offers True Vertical Shooting for portrait shots, ideal for social media. The gimbal rotates 90, so you don't have to compromise image...
- Sweet Air Time - Enjoy an extended flight time of up to 34 minutes and capture and explore more of your surroundings. Upgrade to the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus (sold separately) and enjoy...
- Fly with Confidence - DJI Mini 3 Pro features tri-directional obstacle sensing and APAS 4.0, bringing unrivaled safety to the Mini series.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro retails at $699 without remote control, while the DJI Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC-N1 retails at $759. Mavic 2 Pro has been officially discontinued. Thus, you can’t buy the Mavic 2 Pro on the official DJI website anymore.
However, you can purchase the Mavic 2 Pro on Amazon and other top e-commerce stores. Its starting price is $1,698.99. Mavic 2 Pro is more expensive than the DJI Mini 3 Pro, which makes the Mini 3 Pro a better option if you’re on a tight budget.
When it comes to drones, size does matter. And the DJI Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro vary greatly in terms of size. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is one of the smallest drones available, measuring just 251 x 362 x 70 mm. It weighs less than 249g, making it incredibly portable and easy to transport.
The Mavic 2 Pro, on the other hand, is much larger, measuring 322 x 242 x 84 mm. It weighs a whopping 907g, making it much more difficult to transport. It also requires a larger case or backpack for storage.
One area where the Mavic 2 Pro really shines is its camera. It features a 1-inch sensor that can capture stunning 4K video at up to 30 fps and 20-megapixel photos. The DJI Mini 3 Pro’s camera is no slouch either, but it does have a smaller 1/2.3-inch sensor that can shoot 4K video at up to 60fps and 48MP still photos.
The Mavic 2 Pro also features a Hasselblad camera with an adjustable aperture of f/2.8 to f/11. The DJI Mini 3 Pro, on the other hand, offers an f/1.7 aperture. Both drones have 3-axis gimbals for stabilization.
When it comes to color profiles, the DJI Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro are very different. The Mini 3 Pro uses a D-Cinelike color profile, while the Mavic 2 Pro uses a 10-bit D-LogM color profile.
Speed and Flight Time
When it comes to flight time, the DJI Mini 3 Pro has an advantage over the Mavic 2 Pro. The Mini 3 Pro can stay in the air for up to 34 minutes on a single charge, while the Mavic 2 Pro can only stay up for about 30 minutes. That extra four minutes of flight time can make a big difference when you’re trying to get that perfect shot.
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro has a top speed of 20 m/s in sports mode and a maximum range of 8km. The DJI Mini 3 Pro, on the other hand, has a top speed of 16 m/s in sports mode and a maximum range of 12km.
In terms of charging times, the Mavic 2 Pro takes about 90 mins to charge a battery completely, while the DJI Mini 3 Pro charges in 64 mins.
When it comes to safety features, both drones are equipped with obstacle avoidance sensors that help them avoid collisions mid-flight. However, the Mavic 2 Pro is better at detecting obstacles and avoiding them.
This is because the Mavic 2 Pro has sensors on all sides of the drone, while the DJI Mini 3 Pro only has front, back, and downward-facing sensors. The Mavic 2 Pro also has a higher resolution camera, which means it can see obstacles better.
This feature allows a person to transfer data from the drone to their device using WiFi. The DJI Mini 3 Pro can transfer data at up to 30 Mbps, while this feature is not available on Mavic 2 Pro.
DJI Mini 3 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro: Which One Is Better?
Both are great drones in their own right. However, they are targeted toward different audiences. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is a great choice for those looking for a budget-friendly drone. It is geared more toward beginners who want to save money. It is also smaller in size.
The smaller size of the DJI Mini 3 Pro makes it more maneuverable and easier to fly in tight spaces. It offers many of the same features as the more expensive Mavic 2 Pro, but at a fraction of the price.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro is the newer drone of the two, so it benefits from the latest technology and features. It’s a great drone for those who just want to take casual photos and videos.
The Mavic 2 Pro, on the other hand, is geared more toward professional use. It has a higher-quality camera and sensor, making it ideal for those who want to take high-quality photos and videos. It also comes with additional obstacle avoidance sensors that make it easier to avoid obstacles and land safely. However, it is on the expensive side.
While the Mavic 2 Pro is a great drone with outstanding features, the Mini 3 Pro takes the win with its impressive flight time and portable size. If you’re looking for an affordable entry-level drone with good photography capabilities, the DJI Mini 3 Pro is a great option for you.
- The Largest Consumer Electronics Companies In The World, And What They Do Here’s an overview of the companies that rank highest in producing consumer electronics.
- The 10 Best Space YouTube Channels in 2022 If you enjoy all things space-related, check out these top YouTube channels on the topic of Space.
- The 4 Different Types of Crypto Wallets Compared If you’re a Crypto Currency investor, you’ll need a wallet to store it. We’ve reviewed four excellent crypto wallets to consider.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©TP71/Shutterstock.com.