- The Mini 3 Pro is a great drone for a beginner because of its compact size and long battery life.
- The DJI brand is one of the most well known names in the drone business.
- This version has a great camera for both still images and sharp video.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro series is one of the most popular drone series on the market today. It doesn’t have the best camera or the longest flight time, but it does have some of the best value in terms of price, size, and portability.
The latest Mini 3 Pro version brings some significant improvements over its predecessor, DJI Mavic Air 2 Pro. It has a better camera with 4K capability and new features, including obstacle avoidance, follow-me mode, and more intelligent flight modes.
If you’re looking for an affordable drone that will impress you with its portability and capabilities, this is probably your best bet.
So, how good is the DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro? We’ll explore this drone in detail and look at some of the best deals available. At the end of the post, you’ll better understand this drone and whether it’s worth your money.
Best DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro Deals Today
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro (Newegg): $909
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro (Amazon): $909
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro (Best Buy): $909
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro Overview
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro is a good drone with a decent flight time and an in-built camera. Its compact design makes it easy to carry around, and its compact size allows you to take it anywhere with you.
The drone has many features that make it an excellent choice for both beginners and professionals. It has an anti-collision system that can help you avoid obstacles in your path and a return-to-home feature that will automatically bring the drone back to its starting point if you lose control or run out of battery life.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro also has sensors, allowing it to fly safely even in heavy winds and rainstorms.
Release Date and Price
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro was released on May 10th, 2022. The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has three versions available.
If you already own the RC-N1 (the controller that attaches to a smartphone like an iPhone), you can purchase the DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro for $699. With the RC-N1 controller, the price comes up to $759, and with the premium DJI RC controller, the drone will cost you $909.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has an all-white design with gray accents on the body and around the propellers. The bottom of the drone features four landing feet, allowing for better landing stability. The front of the drone features two foldable arms with attached propellers on each side. These arms can be folded inward so you can easily transport the drone in its case or backpack.
The controller has two joysticks and two buttons that you can use to control your drone. The LCD screen near the top center of your controller displays flight information such as altitude, distance traveled, and battery life. It also shows feeds from your camera mounted on top of your drone.
Range and Speed
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has a range of up to 18 km and a top speed of 16 m/s, which is pretty impressive for such a small drone. It has a flight time of up to 34 minutes and can fly at a maximum altitude of 150 m. If you upgrade to the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, you can enjoy flying your drone for up to 47 minutes.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has a top speed of 16 m/s, but it can only reach this speed if you fly in Sport Mode with no wind around. The drone’s top speed in Normal Mode is limited to 10 m/s.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro offers a flight time of up to 34 minutes. With the upgrade battery option, you can get up to 47 minutes of flying time.
This makes this drone ideal for beginners just starting with drones and wanting something versatile and easy to use. The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro is also great for experts who want a high-quality drone but don’t necessarily need all the bells and whistles of a high-end model.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro comes with a CMOS sensor that captures 48-megapixel still images. The camera has an aperture of f/2.8 and can record 4K video at 30 FPS. The camera also supports 1080p video at 60 FPS and 720p at 120 FPS.
The camera has a mechanical shutter that is useful for shooting stills during flight and allows you to take pictures during low light conditions without using the flash. The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro also supports H.265/HEVC codec for more efficient data transmission and to save space on your micro SD card storage.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro features OcuSync 3.0 technology. This technology allows you to focus on shooting your subject without the worry of losing connection with your drone during flight. The camera also has several photo modes: panorama, burst mode, time-lapse, slow-motion video, and hyper-lapse.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro is the smallest drone on the market today, but it’s still packed with features you’d expect from a premium device. It has a 4K camera with a 90-degree field of view. Like other DJI drones, it can be controlled using your smartphone or tablet and automatically fly to an altitude where you can get the best shots possible.
Below are some of the other features of the DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro.
D-Cinelike Color Mode
The Mavic Mini 3 Pro is the first DJI drone to support D-Cinelike Color Mode, which gives you more control over the color grading of your shots.
D-Cinelike Color Mode is a color setting that makes it possible to adjust the color temperature of any image. You can choose from seven different presets that match various types of scenes to create a unique look for your shoots.
Tri-Directional Obstacle Sensing
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro features a unique tri-directional obstacle-sensing system that enables it to avoid collisions and prevent accidents. The drone automatically stops moving when it senses an obstacle in front, behind, or above. This means you can fly outdoors or indoors, in tight spaces, and around people without worrying about crashing into anything.
Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS 4.0)
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has an improved version of APAS 4.0, which uses AI to detect obstacles and change course automatically. It also enables automatic takeoff and landing, as well as automated hovering above the ground when there are no obstructions in the way. This technology means that even beginners can fly safely without prior experience or training.
True Vertical Shooting
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has a new feature called True Vertical Shooting. It allows you to shoot in portrait orientation and have the drone rotate the image automatically to a landscape orientation when you mount it on a tripod. This feature is handy for shooting with a gimbal or other camera accessories that require this to work correctly.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro features Quick Transfer, which allows you to quickly transfer photos and videos from your drone to your computer.
|Dimensions||Folded: 145 × 90 × 62 mm |
Unfolded: 171 × 245 × 62 mm
Unfolded (with propellers): 251 × 362 × 70 mm
|Ascent Speed||5 m/s (S Mode)|
3 m/s (N Mode)
2 m/s (C Mode)
|Speed (at sea level, no wind)||16 m/s (S Mode)|
10 m/s (N Mode)
6 m/s (C Mode)
|Flight Time||34 mins|
47 mins (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus)
|Flight Distance||18 km|
25 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus)
|Global Navigation Satellite System||GPS + Galileo + BeiDou|
Effective pixels: 48 MP
Format Equivalent: 24 mm
Range: 1 m to ∞
|HDR Mode||Photo: HDR supported in Single Shot mode|
Video: HDR supported when shooting at 24/25/30 FPS
|Video Format||MP4/MOV (H.264/H.265)|
|QuickShot Modes||Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, Boomerang, and Asteroid|
|Video Transmission System||DJI O3|
|Live View Quality||1080p/30fps|
|Video Connection||Bluetooth 5.2, WiFi|
|Battery Capacity||2453 mAh|
|Charging Time||64 mins|
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro Review
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro is the best portable drone for you if you want to get into the world of drones. It is a small, portable, affordable drone that will allow you to capture professional-looking aerial shots.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro has been designed with all the latest technology. It offers a flight time of up to 34 minutes — it’s not the best flight time around, but it’s enough to get the job done.
The drone features a 4K camera, which allows you to film high-quality videos and photos from the sky. The camera also has an ISO range from 100 to 6400, so it can be used in low-light conditions without compromising image quality.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro can reach speeds of up to 16 m/s. This makes it ideal for capturing fast-moving objects like cars.
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro: Pros and Cons
|Lightweight, compact folding design||No image stabilization|
|Very good flight time for a drone this size||Lacks GPS|
|Great image quality||Battery life is not the best|
|Easy to fly, even for beginners|
DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro: is it a Buy?
For a small drone, the DJI Mavic Mini Pro is impressive. It has all the same features as its bigger brothers but in a much smaller package.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro is an easy drone to use, offers good image quality, and comes with many accessories. It also has a few flaws that make it less than ideal for everyone.
Buy it if…
- You are new to drones and need an affordable option that does not compromise on quality. The DJI Mavic Mini is a good drone for both beginners and advanced pilots. It has all the features of its larger, more expensive counterpart, but it’s much easier to fly and control.
- You want a small drone with excellent camera quality and features. It’s small enough to fit in your handbag or backpack, making it ideal for traveling. You can also store it in your car without taking up too much room because it folds neatly into its protective case.
Don’t Buy it if…
- You want a drone that can do everything. The Mavic Mini 3 Pro is more limited than DJI’s other drones in terms of the things it can do. It doesn’t have built-in return-to-home features, so you must use the app to fly safely. And, while it has some intelligent features like automated flight modes, it doesn’t have a long flight time.
- If you want something that will take amazing photos without any effort on your part. This drone isn’t designed to take breathtaking photos out of the box — although it can certainly be used for this purpose if you know what you’re doing.
Future of DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro: What’s Next
Potential technology updates for the DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro in the future include:
- Enhanced camera capabilities: Upgrades such as a higher resolution sensor or wider aperture to improve the quality of photos and videos taken by the drone.
- Extended flight time: Implementing a larger battery to increase the drone’s flight time, allowing for longer and more extended flights.
- Improved obstacle avoidance: Advancing obstacle avoidance features for safer and more reliable flight in crowded or obstructed areas.
- More intelligent flight modes: Developing more sophisticated and creative intelligent flight modes for capturing unique aerial shots.
- Price reduction: Lowering the cost of the Mavic Mini 3 Pro to make it even more accessible and appealing to a broader range of users.
Keep reading more articles about drones!
- DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro: Reviewed for 2022 and Best Deals. Check out all the details on this drone for 2022!
- DJI Mini SE vs. Mini 2: Full Comparison with Specs, Price, and More. We show you the differences on these two versions of the Mini.
- DJI Mavic 3 Cine: Reviewed for 2022 and Best Deals. Interested in the Mavic 3 Cine? We show you the best deals!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©TP71/Shutterstock.com.