Gaming PCs are powerful machines designed to deliver unparalleled gaming performance. Prices for these gaming PCs range widely, with many budget-friendly options available. However, some models are considered among the most expensive gaming PCs worldwide.
The most expensive gaming PC in the world can run up to tens of thousands of dollars with top-of-the-line components and custom features designed specifically for demanding gamers.
One such machine is The Edge DL – a supercomputer designed for AI and machine learning tasks considered one of the most expensive gaming PCs worldwide.
For gamers seeking the utmost gaming experience, some of the most expensive PCs may interest you. The top three most costly models include Edge DL ($54,950), 8Pack OrionX PC ($46,000), and HP Z8 G4 Workstation ($31,733.99).
Although these prices seem overpriced, these products boast high-end features that gamers will appreciate. Investing in one of these high-end machines could prove worthwhile for those seeking optimal graphics, processing power, and overall performance.
The Edge DL product is being sold at the highest price compared to substitutes, thus making it the most expensive gaming PC worldwide.
5 Facts About The Edge DL
- The Edge DL is powered by NVIDIA GPU technology, including the A100 Tensor Core GPU, which offers up to 20x faster AI performance than its predecessor.
- The Edge DL is an expensive and specialized machine typically sold to large organizations or research institutions rather than individual users.
- This powerful supercomputer was explicitly designed for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) applications.
- The Edge DL is engineered to offer superior computing power for deep learning and other complex AI tasks.
- It can be tailored to suit individual needs with various GPUs, storage options, and networking configurations.
The Edge DL is an innovative machine helping advance AI and machine learning research. Its advanced GPU technology, high-performance computing power, and customizable options have quickly become the go-to choice for organizations in these fields.
Unfortunately, The Edge DL’s high cost and specialized nature make it not accessible to most individual users. Nonetheless, The Edge DL is a testament to the incredible technological advances in AI research and their significant effects on various industries. As such, The Edge DL makes perfect gaming equipment.
The Edge DL specs
|Processor||AMD EPYC 7702P, AMD Threadripper 3970X or AMD Threadripper 3990X|
|Memory||256GB or 512GB|
|Graphics Card||Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or equivalent high-end graphics card|
|Storage||Large storage capacity, including solid-state drive (SSD) for fast boot and game loading times.|
|Cooling||Advanced cooling systems to prevent overheating.|
|RGB Lighting||Customizable RGB lighting for aesthetic customization.|
|Networking||High-speed networking options for online gaming|
|Price||Most expensive gaming PC in the world, with a price point in the thousands of dollars depending on the version.|
The Edge DL: Where to Buy
Edge DL is a high-performance data science workstation available on the market, though it seems not particularly popular. Few shops sell Edge DL, but you can find one at the Nextcomputing Store, which stocks several versions.
The company produces this product in the USA and ships it two weeks after receiving an order, with the option for expediting. Customers can only place online orders within the United States and Canada. Thus, other international customers are expected to contact the Nextcomputing store for assistance with orders.
The Edge DL is an impressive data science workstation designed for those who demand top performance and features. To buy this product, visit the Nextcomputing Store website today!
The History of The Edge DL: What to Know
Over the years, NextComputing has made several improvements to its offerings, particularly the Edge DL – a popular product among gamers and other high-performance computing customers.
They launched several versions of the Edge DL with different price tags reflecting each product’s features and capabilities.
The diverse options consequently enable customers to select which Edge DL best meets their needs and budget to get value for their investment. Whether you’re an expert gamer or data analyst, NextComputing’s Edge DL series provides robust yet flexible options to meet any computing need.
The Edge DL gaming PC from NextComputing, released within the past decade, boasts high-end specs that confirm its place as an industry leader in PC building. Thus, this machine is powerful, surpassing even demanding experts’ expectations and efficiently handling massive architectural projects and other “magical” tasks.
At $54,950, this gaming PC and graphic design PC is the world’s most expensive. Boasting 512 GB of RAM in a straightforward design, this machine would surely please passionate and wealthy gamers.
While it comes at a high price tag, those with money to spare should find this beast of a machine quite enjoyable to use.
The Edge DL boasts a high-end configuration with its powerful AMD EPYC 7702P processor that features 64 cores, making it one of the latest and most capable gaming PCs.
While not visually stunning, its configuration of processing power and memory make up for it, making it more than capable in other areas beyond gaming.
Edge DL is a Nextcomputing product, and its significant contributors ensured it had top-notch specs to make it stand out as an industry leader in PC building. However, this machine is not just designed for gamers but also for handling massive architectural projects and other intense workloads.
The Edge DL Versions: Each Edition
Next computing offers four versions of its Edge DL product line, including EDDL-7702P1T, EDDL-3970XQR6, EDDL-7702PQR6, and EDDL-3990XQR8. However, each has its pricing structure and specifications that differ between versions. Some specs are shared between multiple releases.
Customers seeking high-performance computing options can choose the best Edge DL version to suit their needs and budget. Next computing released the four models within the same decade but on different dates.
Product 1: EDDL-7702P1T
The EDDL-7702P1T is a super-fast computer system for applications that require a lot of data. Its main features include:
- Processor: AMD EPYC 7702P with 64 cores and 128 threads, providing high processing power for complex calculations.
- Memory: 256GB DDR4 ECC memory allows the system to handle large data sets and run multiple applications simultaneously.
- GPU: Four NVIDIA RTX 8000 GPUs with NVLink interconnect, each featuring 48 GB of VRAM for high-performance computing in parallel workloads and deep learning applications.
- Storage: 2 TB NVMe solid-state drive for the operating system provides fast boot and load times.
- Ethernet: 10 Gigabit/sec Ethernet port, providing fast data transfer for network-intensive applications.
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04, an established and widespread Linux distribution for scientific computing and machine learning applications.
Product 2: EDDL-7702PQR6
The EDDL-7702PQR6 is an advanced computing system for data-intensive tasks. Some of its key attributes include:
- Processor: AMD EPYC 7702P, with its potent processing capabilities, is ideal for demanding computations.
- Memory: 512GB DDR4 ECC memory allows the system to accommodate large data sets and run multiple applications concurrently.
- GPU: Four NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPUs with NVLink connectivity provide high-performance computation for deep learning and parallel workloads.
- Storage: 2 TB NVMe SSD boots quickly.
Unquestionably, the EDDL-7702PQR6 is a top-performing Edge DL version priced lower than the EDDL-7702P1T, and it is still available at the Next Computing store.
Product 3: EDDL-3970XQR6
The EDDL-3970XQR6 is an ultrahigh-performance computing system for data-intensive tasks like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning. Its main characteristics are as follows:
- Processor: The AMD Threadripper 3970X boasts exceptional processing power for demanding tasks.
- Memory: This system’s 256GB of DDR4 ECC memory can accommodate massive datasets and run a wide variety of programs simultaneously.
- GPU: Four NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPUs connected together through NVLink technology make the computer faster and better at multitasking.
- Storage: 2 TB NVMe solid-state drive provides quick startup and loading times.
Undeniably, EDDL-3970XQR6 is the third-best option, is slightly more expensive than the EDDL-3990XQR8, and was released within the last decade.
Product 4: EDDL-3990XQR8
The EDDL-3990XQR8 is a high-performance computer for data-intensive operations such as machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence. Its key features include:
- Processor: AMD Threadripper 3990X offers exceptional computational power to tackle even complex tasks.
- Memory: A computer equipped with 256GB DDR4 ECC memory can store vast datasets and run multiple programs at once, giving the machine maximum performance.
- GPU: Four NVIDIA RTX 8000 GPUs connected through NVLink are ideal for parallel computing tasks and deep learning applications requiring high performance.
- Storage: Solid-state NVMe 2 TB drive with fast boot-ups and loading times
All in all, Customers who prioritize high-quality products within a specific budget prefer the EDDL-3990XQR8.
The Public Response
Next Computing’s Edge DL product versions are not in high demand as customers can only buy them from their stores. This could be because these items have a hefty price tag compared to other alternatives, making them unattainable for many customers with lower budgets.
These high-end consumers who can afford premium prices may target a niche market for these high-end goods. Interestingly, customers who buy Next Computing products provide feedback via email directly to the company instead of on its website. Management could decide to keep customer comments private and manageable or indicate an insufficient customer base for an active online community.
Despite these limitations, Next Computing continues to advertise its products on its webpage; however, there are no records of a major launch event for the Edge DL gaming PC, suggesting they rely heavily on word-of-mouth promotion and targeted advertising to promote them.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©DC Studio/Shutterstock.com.