- Files in a phone’s cache can take up much needed space and need to be cleared periodically.
- Clearing your phone’s cache will not remove essential files from your device.
- If you frequently browse websites with large videos or images on Chrome, your browser will put that in the cache.
If your phone is running out of space, we recommend clearing its cache before deleting precious photos. Apps on your phone typically create temporary information, or cache, as they run, so that they can perform a specific action quicker. Files in your cache can take up a fair amount of space and need clearing. This action won’t remove essential files from your android device.
If you frequently browse a website with large videos or images on Chrome, your browser will put that in the cache. That way, it won’t have to reload it every time. However, the website can take up precious space in your cache for new files or data. So, unless you only use the same apps and websites, we highly recommend regularly clearing your cache. This will ensure your phone performs at its top level.
Here are 4 easy steps to clear your cache on an Android device.
1. Open Settings and Select Storage
Locate the Settings app on your phone. Typically the icon will be a gear wheel after you get the app open and select Storage.
Note if you are using a Samsung phone, you do not have to select Storage. Instead, you will go directly to Apps.
2. Select Apps
After you select Storage, you will find a list of options. From here, you will tap on the Apps option. If you are on an older phone that uses Android OS 11 or older, you might see Other Apps.
3. Choose The App You Want To Clear
Once on the Apps screen, you will see a list of all the apps installed on your phone and how much storage they take up. To sort the apps depending on the amount they are using, you can select the 3 dots in the top right corner and tap on Sort by size. When you have one selected, tap on the icon to bring up the app’s information screen.
4. Clear Cache
After selecting an app to clear. On the information screen, you will see two options. One will be Clear storage, and the other will be Clear cache. For this process, we want to choose Clear cache.
And you have done it. Repeat these steps for all the apps you want to clear the cache. We recommend clearing the top 3 apps that take up the most space on your phone.
- Fitbit Sense vs Galaxy Watch 4: Which Is Right for You? If you’re in the market for a health & fitness watch, we’ve compared these two cutting edge models to help you decide which is the better fit.
- NASA’s Space Launch System: Specs, Size, History, and More Check out this exhaustive article on the in’s and out’s of NASA’s Space Launch System.
- The Best Play-to-Earn Crypto Games: Reviewed and Ranked Did you know there are some great games that can entertain and help you earn crypto currency at the same time.